• We are now in Discord! Join our community discord for latest server news and more! You will also get a FREE RARE TREASURE when successfully linking your account! Join now, click here!
  • This portion of the forum has moved to Discord!

Global Should the acronym 'kys' be allowed y/n

Do you think you should be muted for saying 'kys'

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cookie

Trusted Member
why is Kys allowed as an acronym? It's a harmful phrase and it shouldn't be in use. This is clearly used as harassment. and as someone who has a big connection with that word, telling someone to kill themselves is a big matter. I think it should be removed.

Its common sense to remove the word. Do you really think its acceptable for someone to use the word "kys" on the server. You wouldnt understand how much that offends me, because of my suicidal issues and depression, and im pretty sure others with the same problems would be offended too. I haven't been individually told to kill myself on the server, but i have seen others use it on other people as insults. Im guessing these people that say it as an insult are very young, and dont understand or can't process the meaning and background of the word. In other words, not just is kys a harmful phrase, its used by younger children on the server that dont even know what it fully means. There is much more of a definition to it.

I, and many others, would extremely appreciate if this awful acronym could be removed from the server. Thank you.

iiMatt52

why is Kys allowed as an acronym? It's a harmful phrase and it shouldn't be in use. This is clearly used as harassment. and as someone who has a big connection with that word, telling someone to kill themselves is a big matter. I think it should be removed.

Its common sense to remove the word. Do you really think its acceptable for someone to use the word "kys" on the server. You wouldnt understand how much that offends me, because of my suicidal issues and depression, and im pretty sure others with the same problems would be offended too. I haven't been individually told to kill myself on the server, but i have seen others use it on other people as insults. Im guessing these people that say it as an insult are very young, and dont understand or can't process the meaning and background of the word. In other words, not just is kys a harmful phrase, its used by younger children on the server that dont even know what it fully means. There is much more of a definition to it.

I, and many others, would extremely appreciate if this awful acronym could be removed from the server. Thank you.
The sad thing is those that are defending its use are (from what I have seen?) around 16 or so, you would have thought, like you said, by now learned how damaging saying something like that can be.

Cookie

Trusted Member
The sad thing is those that are defending its use are (from what I have seen?) around 16 or so, you would have thought, like you said, by now learned how damaging saying something like that can be.
Thats actually really true, and its devastating. Its upsetting.

Gosh, i don't even understand why this is even a topic. Without hesitation the word should be removed, and there is really no right way of why it should stay. You don't even have to think about this decision, its not hard.

iiMatt52

Thats actually really true, and its devastating. Its upsetting.

Gosh, i don't even understand why this is even a topic. Without hesitation the word should be removed, and there is really no right way of why it should stay. You don't even have to think about this decision, its not hard.
Agreed.

iiCrunch

'kys' means kill yourself, for those who were not aware. I find it, as do many others to be a very harmful thing to say, especially on a minecraft server where there are many young players (or not so young) that are not the most 'stable' in terms of mental health, be it that they have a prior personal life experience with the matter or something else, which may really affect them. Unitus said to make a poll on this so here it is c:

lmao this thread is stupid in my opinion, 5 pages worth of replies and arguement 0_o. Saying kys to some1 is should obviously muted. And yeah storm said that people should ignore them. Welp how bout muting the guy or girl so the person cant even say it and the person shouldnt even see or ignore it.

Cookie

Trusted Member
lmao this thread is stupid in my opinion, 5 pages worth of replies and arguement 0_o. Saying kys to some1 is should obviously muted. And yeah storm said that people should ignore them. Welp how bout muting the guy or girl so the person cant even say it and the person shouldnt even see or ignore it.
this is what I'm talking about. You might find it completely easy to ignore the word "Kys", whereas I (and many others) wouldn't be able to because of our problems. We take this word deeply, and it's such a harmful word. I could say so many things about how that word affects me, but it's much too personal.

But yes, I agree with you where you say it should be muted. And yes it's 5 pages, but it wouldn't be if the staff would get over and done with it.

MissDark

Retired Staff
Well, I don't know. I feel like it should be worth a mute, cause so many people get away with hurting others online. And before you say, "It's online, it doesn't mean anything!" It does to some people! Some people are very sensitive and can get hurt very easily. I used to be one of those people, nowadays not much bothers me, but back then, any little thing could really set me off. Telling someone to kill themselves could really get to some people, especially people who have experienced things like that, a close friend killed himself a few years back so I was always very sensitive to the topic of suicide, and others might be too. In my opinion, I feel like we should either implement an ignore system, or block "kys" all-together.

Cookie

Trusted Member
Well, I don't know. I feel like it should be worth a mute, cause so many people get away with hurting others online. And before you say, "It's online, it doesn't mean anything!" It does to some people! Some people are very sensitive and can get hurt very easily. I used to be one of those people, nowadays not much bothers me, but back then, any little thing could really set me off. Telling someone to kill themselves could really get to some people, especially people who have experienced things like that, a close friend killed himself a few years back so I was always very sensitive to the topic of suicide, and others might be too. In my opinion, I feel like we should either implement an ignore system, or block "kys" all-together.
thank you so much, this is basically everything I want to say. And even if it's just a word, it's practically cyber bullying or threatening.

MissDark

Retired Staff
It's basically a matter of letting people get away with what they're doing. I mean, if it were my server, I wouldn't want some raging player to go and tell some other player to kill themselves. Just think, even if it is online, that could hurt someone. If the person was sensitive enough, they might just do it. They might cry over it, they might get really hurt. And I think that's what HHG should strive to protect its players against. It should be like a Save Haven for it's players, a calm place where there isn't any hate or rude slurs being thrown around, and I think it has been very good at upholding that, but everyone once in awhile it falters, and here comes some mad kid cursing someone else out. Yes, I understand that there is no possible way you can eradicate all hate from a server- there will always be some kind of hate. But I really feel like we should try to bring that hate to a minimum, that way, everyone on the server has a good experience.

iiMatt52

Yes
this is what I'm talking about. You might find it completely easy to ignore the word "Kys", whereas I (and many others) wouldn't be able to because of our problems. We take this word deeply, and it's such a harmful word. I could say so many things about how that word affects me, but it's much too personal.

But yes, I agree with you where you say it should be muted. And yes it's 5 pages, but it wouldn't be if the staff would get over and done with it.
Yes
Yes
thank you so much, this is basically everything I want to say. And even if it's just a word, it's practically cyber bullying or threatening.
Yes
It's basically a matter of letting people get away with what they're doing. I mean, if it were my server, I wouldn't want some raging player to go and tell some other player to kill themselves. Just think, even if it is online, that could hurt someone. If the person was sensitive enough, they might just do it. They might cry over it, they might get really hurt. And I think that's what HHG should strive to protect its players against. It should be like a Save Haven for it's players, a calm place where there isn't any hate or rude slurs being thrown around, and I think it has been very good at upholding that, but everyone once in awhile it falters, and here comes some mad kid cursing someone else out. Yes, I understand that there is no possible way you can eradicate all hate from a server- there will always be some kind of hate. But I really feel like we should try to bring that hate to a minimum, that way, everyone on the server has a good experience.
And even more yes.

ejljbris

KYS should be a mute for it is a threat. Even throught video games it can still be harmful. Your telling someone to kill them selves and thought you mean it as a joke, some people may not treat it like one and that could be a problem.
The ignorance on this post is unreal, here are a few words from my fellow friend in which I will copy what he said as I cannot link it due to advertisement reasons. If you are not mature enough to handle swear words I suggest you click off this post.

When was the last time you walked up to your classmate and told him “Go kill yourself.” If this was more than once, then go **** yourself. You are scum. Why the absolute **** are you telling someone to go end their life. This is literally the worst thing you can tell someone. I realize you may be frustrated, but under no circumstances is it ever okay to tell someone to kill themselves. As ****** as your day may be, there may be another person who is worse off.

Like seriously, when are you ever going to go and tell people to do one of these horrible things. If any of you said this to me to my face I would knock out your front teeth. Just because you are hiding behind a computer screen what gives you the right to say something so terrible. Just by the severity of the insult I would judge how bad of a person you are.

Oh, no, but its not your fault, of course. "He was bow spamming. He didn't say gg. He was laggy…" It's sickens me to see these used as reasoning for such actions. Accept that you can improve at the game, and say “good game” or “gg/gf”. Go watch any professional gaming scene, you will never see the players walk up to the other team and say something as stupid as “drink bleach”. NO they shake their opponent’s hand and then walk away with some dignity. Even with sports 100 times more violent than Minecraft PVP people pay respects to their opponent, no matter how hard they got beaten up (
).

As Link said, if you do say kys, you can judge how bad that person is. At least say gg/gf and help them improve, not make them feel worse. It should be a mute but thats my opinion

Status
Not open for further replies.