• We are now in Discord! Join our community discord for latest server news and more! You will also get a FREE RARE TREASURE when successfully linking your account! Join now, click here!
  • This portion of the forum has moved to Discord!

Global Should the acronym 'kys' be allowed y/n

Do you think you should be muted for saying 'kys'

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

iiMatt52

'kys' means kill yourself, for those who were not aware. I find it, as do many others to be a very harmful thing to say, especially on a minecraft server where there are many young players (or not so young) that are not the most 'stable' in terms of mental health, be it that they have a prior personal life experience with the matter or something else, which may really affect them. Unitus said to make a poll on this so here it is c:

EL3CTR1C

Retired Staff
Minecraft is a video game, video games aren't reality, one day people of all ages will learn that, if players are muted for saying kys, thats like saying everyone should be muted for a negative opinion. That's pointless, everyone has their own opinion on people and the ideals of their fellow people.

If a player tells you to kys, why should it matter to you? Who cares about their opinion or remarks? It's time for minecraft players to end the pathetic (and i mean pathetic) drama that I see on this server and other servers everyday. You know yourself more than anyone else, only your own opinions of yourself matter, and if you don't like who you are, your not the only one, join the rest of the world. If you wanna change yourself, seek proper help to make you a better person, it works, just find someone who truly can help you. We strive to become greater, and most of us will become greater. However, people don't realize they never needed help, as they were already perfect with who they are and were. Stay strong my friends.

~ST0RM

iiMatt52

Minecraft is a video game, video games aren't reality, one day people of all ages will learn that, if players are muted for saying kys, thats like saying everyone should be muted for a negative opinion. That's pointless, everyone has their own opinion on people and the ideals of their fellow people.

If a player tells you to kys, why should it matter to you? Who cares about their opinion or remarks? It's time for minecraft players to end the pathetic (and i mean pathetic) drama that I see on this server and other servers everyday. You know yourself more than anyone else, only your own opinions of yourself matter, and if you don't like who you are, your not the only one, join the rest of the world. If you wanna change yourself, seek proper help to make you a better person, it works, just find someone who truly can help you. We strive to become greater, and most of us will become greater. However, people don't realize they never needed help, as they were already perfect with who they are and were. Stay strong my friends.

~ST0RM
Its not pointless as there are some people who a very fragile Gabe, who may not be as strong as you or I. Just because it doesn't matter to us that doesn't mean it wont matter to someone else, like I said, especially if they are affected by the comment on a personal level, be it via a family member or friend. You can be the one to preach about being perfect yet I know from personal experience that there are people out there who simply find it too difficult to believe that they are and as _Link said, it's not a joke at all and should be taken very seriously. We are just trying to protect people.

Anchezz

Trusted Member
'kys' means kill yourself, for those who were not aware. I find it, as do many others to be a very harmful thing to say, especially on a minecraft server where there are many young players (or not so young) that are not the most 'stable' in terms of mental health, be it that they have a prior personal life experience with the matter or something else, which may really affect them. Unitus said to make a poll on this so here it is c:
No it should not be removed

~ST0RM
I agree 100%

Its not pointless as there are some people who a very fragile Gabe, who may not be as strong as you or I. Just because it doesn't matter to us that doesn't mean it wont matter to someone else, like I said, especially if they are affected by the comment on a personal level, be it via a family member or friend. You can be the one to preach about being perfect yet I know from personal experience that there are people out there who simply find it too difficult to believe that they are and as _Link said, it's not a joke at all and should be taken very seriously. We are just trying to protect people.
There will always be words that gets to people, not only kys. Do you want the server to block all of the words that might make people feel the same way as ''kys'', just because SOME people take it the wrong way?

iiMatt52

No it should not be removed

I agree 100%

There will always be words that gets to people, not only kys. Do you want the server to block all of the words that might make people feel the same way as ''kys'', just because SOME people take it the wrong way?
I never claimed that kys was the only they that could get to people, you say "some" as if that makes it right, because they "take it the wrong way" YOUR TELLING SOMEONE TO KILL THEM SELF, if your saying it as a "joke" or "without meaning" that doesn't change the fact that YOU TOLD SOMEONE TO KILL THEM SELF, they might not know how you meant it so you can't just say "oh they took it the wrong way" or "I didn't mean it like that"

Lets say for example (not saying that you would)
You were to tell someone on happy to kill them self and they did, would you not feel in anyway bad that you (not saying that what you said is the only thing that caused them to take their own life) played a part in their death?

Anchezz

Trusted Member
I never claimed that kys was the only they that could get to people, you say "some" as if that makes it right, because they "take it the wrong way" YOUR TELLING SOMEONE TO KILL THEM SELF, if your saying it as a "joke" or "without meaning" that doesn't change the fact that YOU TOLD SOMEONE TO KILL THEM SELF, they might not know how you meant it so you can't just say "oh they took it the wrong way" or "I didn't mean it like that"

Lets say for example (not saying that you would)
You were to tell someone on happy to kill them self and they did, would you not feel in anyway bad that you (not saying that what you said is the only thing that caused them to take their own life) played a part in their death?
And I never said that you claimed that lmao. I say some because I see so many players actually using ''kys'', and I assume if they use it they wouldn't take it the wrong way. And since there's more players using it than not, I say some people take it the wrong way. By the wrong way I don't mean that they take a joke seriously, because obviously it's not always a joke. I simply say the wrong way because they let a 3 letter word used on a block game determinate their entire life, and that is stupid. If this is the case, they can leave the server, leave the game, and get some real help, because that is what they need. They can't just ignore the fact that they want to end their life and just keep playing games.

Of course I would feel bad, it would make myself want to end my life. But that doesn't change my opinion. There are a lot of other things that makes people wanna kill themselves, not only ''kys''. I understand that when saying kys you literally tell them to kill themselves, but if someone were to even mention cancer on the server THAT would get to me way more than kys. If someone were like ''hey, going on vacation to thailand'' THAT would f****** get to me more than ''kys''. Just because we block kys doesn't mean other things said on the servers will make people kill themselves. Which is why it's unnecessary to block one out of many words.

And I know that you get nothing of the cancer and Thailand thing, but that only proves that everyone has personal things that people do not know of that will actually make them wanna commit suicide.

iiBaemy52

Retired Staff
And I never said that you claimed that lmao. I say some because I see so many players actually using ''kys'', and I assume if they use it they wouldn't take it the wrong way. And since there's more players using it than not, I say some people take it the wrong way. By the wrong way I don't mean that they take a joke seriously, because obviously it's not always a joke. I simply say the wrong way because they let a 3 letter word used on a block game determinate their entire life, and that is stupid. If this is the case, they can leave the server, leave the game, and get some real help, because that is what they need. They can't just ignore the fact that they want to end their life and just keep playing games.

Of course I would feel bad, it would make myself want to end my life. But that doesn't change my opinion. There are a lot of other things that makes people wanna kill themselves, not only ''kys''. I understand that when saying kys you literally tell them to kill themselves, but if someone were to even mention cancer on the server THAT would get to me way more than kys. If someone were like ''hey, going on vacation to thailand'' THAT would f****** get to me more than ''kys''. Just because we block kys doesn't mean other things said on the servers will make people kill themselves. Which is why it's unnecessary to block one out of many words.

And I know that you get nothing of the cancer and Thailand thing, but that only proves that everyone has personal things that people do not know of that will actually make them wanna commit suicide.

Your still telling someone to end their life.. in most cases people do take it as a joke but it could still affect people. Especially since there are young players on the game it wouldn't be appropriate for someone to tell someone to kill themselfs just like its not appropriate to swear or use inappropriate/adult referances. Kys is also considered as flame baiting and should be muted for regardless of whether the acctual word is blocked imo

iiMatt52

Once again, it may not just be "kys" that is the cause, there may be a plethora of other things going on in that persons life that they wish to get away from, so they decide to play some games to take their mind off of things. Then boom, someone in game tells them to kill them self and that tips them over the edge. You can't say "they should stop playing games and get the help that they need" because life just isn't that simple, if it was we would be living in a very different world. Like you said, someone bringing up cancer would get to you more than "kys" keep in mind that I didn't restrict what should be mutable/ban worthy to just "kys" i'm sure Zain could make it so the filter could search for "go get cancer" or something along the lines of that.

Side note: I find it sad that its "acceptable" to assume that someone will take it as a joke. :/ I wont deny that I have said kys in the past when I have been salty as I know we all have. (been salty, not telling someone to kys) But I came to the realization that it is wrong and shouldn't be said.

Trenly

Admin
Admin
This is a very controversial topic. I feel that it should not be removed for the same reason as EL3CTR1CST0RMXV mentioned earlier. This is a game; anyone who takes anything somebody says in a game literally is, to be blunt, idiotic. I understand that it can make people who are less stable than others feel deeply about considering ending their life, but I don't believe most people are as sensitive as others think they are. Is saying kys wrong? Sure it is, but that doesn't mean it needs to be filtered.

Xist_

Ok let me put you in this situation.

You and your friend are playing Sg and you accidentially walk off the map. You're now a spectator and you msg them kys as in the game. You really think you should be muted for that?

Anchezz

Trusted Member
Once again, it may not just be "kys" that is the cause, there may be a plethora of other things going on in that persons life that they wish to get away from, so they decide to play some games to take their mind off of things. Then boom, someone in game tells them to kill them self and that tips them over the edge. You can't say "they should stop playing games and get the help that they need" because life just isn't that simple, if it was we would be living in a very different world. Like you said, someone bringing up cancer would get to you more than "kys" keep in mind that I didn't restrict what should be mutable/ban worthy to just "kys" i'm sure Zain could make it so the filter could search for "go get cancer" or something along the lines of that.

Side note: I find it sad that its "acceptable" to assume that someone will take it as a joke. :/ I wont deny that I have said kys in the past when I have been salty as I know we all have. (been salty, not telling someone to kys) But I came to the realization that it is wrong and shouldn't be said.
I don't assume people to take it as a joke, unless I make it really obvious it's a joke. But just random saying ''kys'' to a player that punched you of jungle arena out in the void should not be mute worthy, whether or not the person meant it as a joke, whether or not the player took it as a joke. The acronym is used in many ways, both OK ways and ways that are less OK, just like the word cancer. I am sure that if you see someone using kys in such an extreme way that it's being disrespectful and just really harsh, you can still report them for that. It's all about how it's used. It's okay to say “I have cancer” but it's not okay to say “I hope you get cancer”

Anchezz

Trusted Member
Your still telling someone to end their life.. in most cases people do take it as a joke but it could still affect people. Especially since there are young players on the game it wouldn't be appropriate for someone to tell someone to kill themselfs just like its not appropriate to swear or use inappropriate/adult referances. Kys is also considered as flame baiting and should be muted for regardless of whether the acctual word is blocked imo
I am tired of hearing “there's young people on the server”. WE HAVE ADJUSTED ENOUGH. The server has changed in so many ways to make it a good server for the young players. When will we make it fair, even for the older players and adults? I am not saying that just because it's adults and/or older players saying it it's OK, I am simply implying that using young players as an excuse to change something on or with the server is not okay, it is not fair. Come up with a real argument instead of trying to “do the best” for the young players. Maybe they should go back to playing with legos.

And as you can see if you actually read my posts I did say that if it's being used in an extreme way, where it's disrespectful and flame baiting you can still make a report since this is against the server rules.

_Link

The ignorance on this post is unreal, here are a few words from my fellow friend in which I will copy what he said as I cannot link it due to advertisement reasons. If you are not mature enough to handle swear words I suggest you click off this post.

When was the last time you walked up to your classmate and told him “Go kill yourself.” If this was more than once, then go **** yourself. You are scum. Why the absolute **** are you telling someone to go end their life. This is literally the worst thing you can tell someone. I realize you may be frustrated, but under no circumstances is it ever okay to tell someone to kill themselves. As ****** as your day may be, there may be another person who is worse off.

Like seriously, when are you ever going to go and tell people to do one of these horrible things. If any of you said this to me to my face I would knock out your front teeth. Just because you are hiding behind a computer screen what gives you the right to say something so terrible. Just by the severity of the insult I would judge how bad of a person you are.

Oh, no, but its not your fault, of course. "He was bow spamming. He didn't say gg. He was laggy…" It's sickens me to see these used as reasoning for such actions. Accept that you can improve at the game, and say “good game” or “gg/gf”. Go watch any professional gaming scene, you will never see the players walk up to the other team and say something as stupid as “drink bleach”. NO they shake their opponent’s hand and then walk away with some dignity. Even with sports 100 times more violent than Minecraft PVP people pay respects to their opponent, no matter how hard they got beaten up (
).

Xist_

I am tired of hearing “there's young people on the server”. WE HAVE ADJUSTED ENOUGH. The server has changed in so many ways to make it a good server for the young players. When will we make it fair, even for the older players and adults? I am not saying that just because it's adults and/or older players saying it it's OK, I am simply implying that using young players as an excuse to change something on or with the server is not okay, it is not fair. Come up with a real argument instead of trying to “do the best” for the young players. Maybe they should go back to playing with legos.

And as you can see if you actually read my posts I did say that if it's being used in an extreme way, where it's disrespectful and flame baiting you can still make a report since this is against the server rules.

Going onto what you said Young people swear and do wrong the most when someone says kys to them they just laugh as i am young as well I don't take any offence of a block game.

Anchezz

Trusted Member
The ignorance on this post is unreal, here are a few words from my fellow friend in which I will copy what he said as I cannot link it due to advertisement reasons. If you are not mature enough to handle swear words I suggest you click off this post.

When was the last time you walked up to your classmate and told him “Go kill yourself.” If this was more than once, then go **** yourself. You are scum. Why the absolute **** are you telling someone to go end their life. This is literally the worst thing you can tell someone. I realize you may be frustrated, but under no circumstances is it ever okay to tell someone to kill themselves. As ****** as your day may be, there may be another person who is worse off.

Like seriously, when are you ever going to go and tell people to do one of these horrible things. If any of you said this to me to my face I would knock out your front teeth. Just because you are hiding behind a computer screen what gives you the right to say something so terrible. Just by the severity of the insult I would judge how bad of a person you are.

Oh, no, but its not your fault, of course. "He was bow spamming. He didn't say gg. He was laggy…" It's sickens me to see these used as reasoning for such actions. Accept that you can improve at the game, and say “good game” or “gg/gf”. Go watch any professional gaming scene, you will never see the players walk up to the other team and say something as stupid as “drink bleach”. NO they shake their opponent’s hand and then walk away with some dignity. Even with sports 100 times more violent than Minecraft PVP people pay respects to their opponent, no matter how hard they got beaten up (
).
As I said 456 times, IT'S ALL ABOUT HOW IT'S USED. Kys is not against the server rules, but being disrespectful and flame baiting is. If it's used in one of these ways just f****** report it. DAMN it's not that hard. And no it might not be okay or right to say kys, in any way as Trenly said, but it's up to every individual player whether to use it or not, it just proves their immaturity and heartlessness. And yes I am saying that I am heartless and immature because I am voting no on this poll and using kys, but guess what, I don't give a single f*** if people hates me because of it. God, it's a game.

iiMatt52

This is a very controversial topic. I feel that it should not be removed for the same reason as EL3CTR1CST0RMXV mentioned earlier. This is a game; anyone who takes anything somebody says in a game literally is, to be blunt, idiotic. I understand that it can make people who are less stable than others feel deeply about considering ending their life, but I don't believe most people are as sensitive as others think they are. Is saying kys wrong? Sure it is, but that doesn't mean it needs to be filtered.
I fail to see why it should not be filtered..

Ok let me put you in this situation.

You and your friend are playing Sg and you accidentially walk off the map. You're now a spectator and you msg them kys as in the game. You really think you should be muted for that?
Yes.
I don't assume people to take it as a joke, unless I make it really obvious it's a joke. But just random saying ''kys'' to a player that punched you of jungle arena out in the void should not be mute worthy, whether or not the person meant it as a joke, whether or not the player took it as a joke. The acronym is used in many ways, both OK ways and ways that are less OK, just like the word cancer. I am sure that if you see someone using kys in such an extreme way that it's being disrespectful and just really harsh, you can still report them for that. It's all about how it's used. It's okay to say “I have cancer” but it's not okay to say “I hope you get cancer”
IN NO WAY IS IT "OK" TO SAY KYS

Regardless of the context, if you tell someone to kill them self it should either filtered via console or able to be reported.

Going onto what you said Young people swear and do wrong the most when someone says kys to them they just laugh as i am young as well I don't take any offence of a block game.
You cannot hide behind the fact that "its a block game so its fine"

iiMatt52

).
I can admit to being scum, whether or not I have changed my ways is something different. For example: I used to say it (I was your typical Call Of Duty Xbox Live Squeaker that did inappropriate things to your mum) But I realized that it is wrong, whether or not you consider me as scum still is your choice. c:

iiMatt52

Also "blunt, idiotic" bro in saying that you are being a hypocrite.

iiMatt52

The ignorance on this post is unreal
As link said, the level of ignorance is at a point which is concerning to me.. Some of you guys think that you should be allowed to tell someone to kill them self just because "they should get off of the game and get the help they need, stop taking things so literally, they are young and should go back to lego etc." at what point do you think its okay to tell, for example, a 10 year old to kill them self? You don't know them, you don't know what they have been through, but wait, because your salty its okay right? WRONG

We are all playing a 7+ age rated game and you think its okay to be telling others to kill themselves just because "we are older, more mature and can take it" kinda thing? NO, we chose to come and play on this platform and therefore should respect the community that comes with it, dayum y'all need some jesus

_Bach_

Retired Staff
I would like to note that trying to persuade someone to end their life is TOTALLY different from saying "kys". I see kys as more banter, and mini rage, and i agree with Electric and Trenly as to what they said.

You can put tons of weight on the acronym, but if youre gonna make that a huge deal, then why not other things? Any banter could be hurtful to some people. I get reports all the time of "he called me a noob. He is disrespecting me. Ban hiimmmmm!!!!!" Doesnt mean we should ban "noob" and "E Z" and "ur trash skrub"...

If i see a player say "kys" I see that they are mad, and it makes me laugh cause they are raging. But if i see a player like "Go and get a gun and shoot yourself. You are worthless. I hope you contract cancer and die"... Thats sick and messed up. That is where it goes too far, but not just the acronym "kys"

Status
Not open for further replies.