• We are now in Discord! Join our community discord for latest server news and more! You will also get a FREE RARE TREASURE when successfully linking your account! Join now, click here!
  • This portion of the forum has moved to Discord!

Global Should the acronym 'kys' be allowed y/n

Do you think you should be muted for saying 'kys'

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

iiMatt52

I would like to note that trying to persuade someone to end their life is TOTALLY different from saying "kys". I see kys as more banter, and mini rage, and i agree with Electric and Trenly as to what they said.

You can put tons of weight on the acronym, but if youre gonna make that a huge deal, then why not other things? Any banter could be hurtful to some people. I get reports all the time of "he called me a noob. He is disrespecting me. Ban hiimmmmm!!!!!" Doesnt mean we should ban "noob" and "E Z" and "ur trash skrub"...

If i see a player say "kys" I see that they are mad, and it makes me laugh cause they are raging. But if i see a player like "Go and get a gun and shoot yourself. You are worthless. I hope you contract cancer and die"... Thats sick and messed up. That is where it goes too far, but not just the acronym "kys"
I never said that saying it was the same as persuading someone to take their life.. that doesn't take away from the fact that you are still telling someone to kill them self. HOW IS IT BANTER, smh @ what you class as banter fam.. also there is a HUGE difference between calling someone a noob and telling them to "kys" are you being fr rn bach?

Your interpretation is that you see them as mad and that makes you laugh, correct? That doesn't apply to everyone.. do you really want to take the chance that someone who is emotionally unstable could have that said to them and then go through with it? because I sure as hell don't.

_Link

God, it's a game.

I literally hate this quote. Some people play here because they have nothing else to do, some play for fun, some people play here because they suffer from things in real life and this is the only way they can express themselves. Some people do get help but still wish to play this game. "How it's used" of course everybody has different interpretations of it but doesn't give them right to act like a dickhead. Let me just log on and say " **** all your mothers I hope you all die and get cancer" Hahaha.... so funny right? This acronym literally has the same meaning as what I just said, don't even trying to fucking argue that. You are telling somebody to end your life, I could re-word that sentence into 500 different lines and it would have the same meaning. How do you know people take it as a joke because they say "LOL" or if you're friends with them irl? Some people aren't as open as others. I myself am shy and try to avoid coming out on how I feel. I know many cases where people have attempted suicide because their so called "friends" assumed the person they said it to took it as a joke. One who was a friend of mine who is currently recovering as I am typing this. I'm only assuming things here because I have facts to prove my point. This community is literally going down hill. People are getting more and more toxic, and then I see debates like these where I just don't understand peoples reasoning.

iiMatt52

I literally hate this quote. Some people play here because they have nothing else to do, some play for fun, some people play here because they suffer from things in real life and this is the only way they can express themselves. Some people do get help but still wish to play this game. "How it's used" of course everybody has different interpretations of it but doesn't give them right to act like a dickhead. Let me just log on and say " **** all your mothers I hope you all die and get cancer" Hahaha.... so funny right? This acronym literally has the same meaning as what I just said, don't even trying to fucking argue that. You are telling somebody to end your life, I could re-word that sentence into 500 different lines and it would have the same meaning. How do you know people take it as a joke because they say "LOL" or if you're friends with them irl? Some people aren't as open as others. I myself am shy and try to avoid coming out on how I feel. I know many cases where people have attempted suicide because their so called "friends" assumed the person they said it to took it as a joke. One who was a friend of mine who is currently recovering as I am typing this. I'm only assuming things here because I have facts to prove my point. This community is literally going down hill. People are getting more and more toxic, and then I see debates like these where I just don't understand peoples reasoning.

I CANT EXPRESS HOW MUCH YES

Tuut

Trusted Member
If a player is sensitive enough to get butthurt about something someone said to them over an online game they shouldnt play at all. If someone ever says something mean to me I always remember that they are just sitting behind a screen.

iiMatt52

If a player is sensitive enough to get butthurt about something someone said to them over an online game they shouldnt play at all. If someone ever says something mean to me I always remember that they are just sitting behind a screen.
Smh, HOW can you be that ignorant to hide behind the "online game" scapegoat, that just ridiculous.
"remember that they are just sitting behind a screen" THATS EXACTLY WHAT ALL OF YOU WHO ARE TRYING TO DEFEND THE PEOPLE WHO SAY SUCH A THING ARE DOING JFC.

Tuut

Trusted Member
Smh, HOW can you be that ignorant to hide behind the "online game" scapegoat, that just ridiculous.
"remember that they are just sitting behind a screen" THATS EXACTLY WHAT ALL OF YOU WHO ARE TRYING TO DEFEND THE PEOPLE WHO SAY SUCH A THING ARE DOING JFC.
All im trying to say is that some people are EXTREMELY sensitive, and if they know that, they should stay away from online games, because its true a lot of hate can be spread online. Just a healthy suggestion to the very sensitive people.

iiMatt52

Also, using the example of it "being banter" or "its just a joke" is just like saying "ITS JUST A PRANK BRO" after pretending to be a terrorist, as im sure most of you have seen the fake terrorist attack video floating around on facebook or whatever form of social media you are on. Its just ridiculous, you say that kys is different from saying kill yourself yet THE MEANING OF THAT ACRONYM IS KILL YOURSELF. Like _Link said, not matter how you word it or your intent, THE ACRONYMS MEANING WILL NOT CHANGE.

_Link

All im trying to say is that some people are EXTREMELY sensitive, and if they know that, they should stay away from online games, because its true a lot of hate can be spread online. Just a healthy suggestion to the very sensitive people.
Of course some people can be sensitive but you have to take in account that its wrong nonetheless in the way you say it. The reason why it started in the first place is because people started saying things like this then others followed like a trait. Do we really want that to continue in the future? I am really hoping that you don't.

iiMatt52

See, once again, you say they should stay away from what assumingly makes them happy. Oh would you look at that, HAPPY, THE WORD HAPPY IS IN THE SERVER IP. YOUNGSTERS (yes i just said youngsters) EXPECT TO BE HAPPY WHEN THEY PLAY ON THIS SERVER, NOT TOLD TO KILL THEMSELVES.

Tuut

Trusted Member
Of course some people can be sensitive but you have to take in account that its wrong nonetheless in the way you say it. The reason why it started in the first place is because people started saying things like this then others followed like a trait. Do we really want that to continue in the future?
Tbh idk how i feel about this topic. Playing Devil's advocate, i kinda understand that it should be a banned word, i mean who can it hurt to ban the acronym kys.

Tuut

Trusted Member
See, once again, you say they should stay away from what assumingly makes them happy. Oh would you look at that, HAPPY, THE WORD HAPPY IS IN THE SERVER IP. YOUNGSTERS (yes i just said youngsters) EXPECT TO BE HAPPY WHEN THEY PLAY ON THIS SERVER, NOT TOLD TO KILL THEMSELVES.
Matt, please stop being argumentative we are all just stating opinions.

iiBaemy52

Retired Staff
No matter what context it is in or who you are saying it to your still saying to someone to kill themselfs and imo i dont think that should be allowed

iiMatt52

Tbh idk how i feel about this topic. Playing Devil's advocate, i kinda understand that it should be a banned word, i mean who can it hurt to ban the acronym kys.
Exactly, it wont hurt being a banned word, yet it might if it stays unbanned.

Matt, please stop being argumentative we are all just stating opinions.
Fam its a discussion/debate, which should consist of for and against points, as you can see I am for, you/others are against.

iiBaemy52

Retired Staff
and saying "kys" in a joky way is still saying that suicide is something that can be joked about when its not. You wouldnt say to someone "go get cancer" so why would you tell them to essentially commit suicide

iiMatt52

Like iTut said, it wont hurt anyone by banning the word, but it may if it stays unbanned and like _Link said it will continue on as a trait and the toxicity of it wont change, leaving the younger, more impressionable people thinking that it is okay to say such a thing and thus will continue the viscous cycle. So why not just end it now?!?!

XV_Scorpion_VX

Retired Staff
Saying that this should be muted is literally exactly the same basically as saying 'hate' should be a banned word or 'die' should be too. Its literally just the internet, and there is a great trick for people who just say 'kys noob' on mc or even on the internet, if they mean it to be offensive, its called Ignoring them.

Trenly

Admin
Admin
Fam its a discussion/debate, which should consist of for and against points, as you can see I am for, you/others are against.
A debate is different than an argument. I understand you may be passionste about this topic, but there is no need to be as argumentative as you have been.

I do not think this should be filtered.

iiMatt52

Saying that this should be muted is literally exactly the same basically as saying 'hate' should be a banned word or 'die' should be too. Its literally just the internet, and there is a great trick for people who just say 'kys noob' on mc or even on the internet, if they mean it to be offensive, its called Ignoring them.
In no way is it the same. Care to explain as to how it is?
You can't just say "ignore them" as we have already said LIFE IS NOT THAT SIMPLE.

iiMatt52

A debate is different than an argument. I understand you may be passionste about this topic, but there is no need to be as argumentative as you have been.

I do not think this should be filtered.
By definition an argument is:
a. A discussion in which the parties involved express disagreement with one another - a debate
So I see no reason for me to not be argumentative?

XV_Scorpion_VX

Retired Staff
In no way is it the same. Care to explain as to how it is?
You can't just say "ignore them" as we have already said LIFE IS NOT THAT SIMPLE.
It really is that simple on the internet... Not in real life, but on the internet its just as simple as ignoring them. Plus, it really is because although not quite as big of a statement as kys, saying "I hate you soooo much" can still give the same impact as that, and admittedly, die isn't such a good example, but saying "Ill go die quick" is literally just the same as saying kys really, only its threatening them with you, so in some ways this can have the same affect, and should be banned too if kys is banned.

iiBaemy52

Retired Staff
And even if people do take it lightly its still on a sever with young and influential people so they're gonna think its okay to tell people to kill themselfs
It really is that simple on the internet... Not in real life, but on the internet its just as simple as ignoring them. Plus, it really is because although not quite as big of a statement as kys, saying "I hate you soooo much" can still give the same impact as that, and admittedly, die isn't such a good example, but saying "Ill go die quick" is literally just the same as saying kys really, only its threatening them with you, so in some ways this can have the same affect, and should be banned too if kys is banned.
Even if you ignore it telling someone to kill themselfs is still going to be influential. saying "ill go die quick" is completley differant (not saying its acceptable but still)

_Link

Anything that refers to you telling somebody to die should be mutable

iiMatt52

If it was that simple why is that you can be arrested for telling someone to kill them self? As iiBaemy52 has just said. Also WHO SAYS "Ill go die quick" like wut

Status
Not open for further replies.