• We are now in Discord! Join our community discord for latest server news and more! You will also get a FREE RARE TREASURE when successfully linking your account! Join now, click here!
  • This portion of the forum has moved to Discord!

Gamemode Wither Runner/Dodge Skull (name not decided)

What do you think?

• Sounds Great!

• Can you go more into detail?

• Im not convinced.

• Horrible Idea!

Results are only viewable after voting.

ParadoxTaco

A Gamemode myself and Trenly have decided to create. This gamemode would consist of 24 players. Every player would be considered a runner. The goal of the runners is to reach the end of a track. Seems easy right? Wrong! While running, wither skulls will be rapidly fired at you. You must duck behind cover, dive over obstacles, and run your way to victory. Instead of have one life, and have thoses people that stay behind and just wait for everyone to die, Everyone will be given infinite lives, or mabye a set amount. To get a very rough example of this, simple got to level 27 of jigsaw. The tracks, ofcourse, would be expertly made by the HHG buildteam. Not like level 27. Certain kits, and perks, might be available. An example of this might be peacekeeper gains an extra 5 hearts, or you can use coins you aquire to upgrade your health. You could also enable yourself to have speed 1 (stamina) to upgrade your chances of winning. Feel free to comment your thoughts and ideas on this thread. I will think of perks and kits later on. I just want your feedback on this.

Trenly

Admin
Admin
The first one to complete a track would be the winner. When a person reaches the end, the game would also end. Players would get 1 coin for each life they had left, and the winner would get +25 coins. This gamemode could have different difficulty of maps with different amounts of coins awarded to the winner. This would be a 4-24 person game

ParadoxTaco

(Player Upgrades)
Upgrades that allow you to gain certain potion effects in game
Stamina:
0/3 Each upgrade doubles coins everytime you purchase it. So from 1000 to 2000 and 2000 to 4000 Once your get 1/3 you gain speed I every game.
Cellular Increase:
0/2 Each upgrade triples the coin amount. So from 300 to 900 and 900 to 2700. Once you gain 1/2 you get regen I every game.
Hard Skin:
0/3 Each upgrade purchased doubles the amount. So from 2000 to 4000 once you get 1/3 you get Resistance I
Once you double the amount, each potion effect is increased to II and up to III
(Item Upgrades)
upgrades that add more items to your inventory
Milk Man:
0/5 Every upgrade increases the amount of milk you have everytime you spawn/respawn in game. Setting your max amount of milk to 6. You do not have to drink the milk. You right click the milk. This gives you Slowness for 5 seconds and blindness for 2 seconds. But it clears away the wither affect from you.
(more to come)

Unitus

Retired Staff
This sounds like a great idea, but I see this more like a Parkour course instead of a whole new gamemode, but either way sounds really good. I enjoyed beating level 27 of jigsaw, I think I will like this too :)

ParadoxTaco

You could have just said Deathrun. js
But its not deathrun.... deathrun is Players V Death Who controls traps that are activated to kill players. I could have suggested deathrun, but seeing as level 27 was made in jigsaw, it would be easier for staff to code instead of making deathrun.
This sounds like a great idea, but I see this more like a Parkour course instead of a whole new gamemode, but either way sounds really good. I enjoyed beating level 27 of jigsaw, I think I will like this too :)
I feel it adds more class to it if it is a gamemode instead of parkour. Also, your not just parkouring, you could be hiding behind obstacles, and more. Thanks for your feedback though.

Ida_0611

Trusted Member
Good idea for a little new mode .. Maybe you could add some powerups that would randomly spawn in the like road track thing lol maybe like a powerup that when you click it it gives every other player a pumpkin on so you aren't able to see much (only for like 3 secs). And when a player reach the end it could continue maybe 30 secs to see if there's a second and third winner! Just an idea :p

Xist_

But its not deathrun.... deathrun is Players V Death Who controls traps that are activated to kill players. I could have suggested deathrun, but seeing as level 27 was made in jigsaw, it would be easier for staff to code instead of making deathrun.

I feel it adds more class to it if it is a gamemode instead of parkour. Also, your not just parkouring, you could be hiding behind obstacles, and more. Thanks for your feedback though.

Sorry how stupid can you get? Deathrun is a game where you run and try to survive. Jesus Christ

AlaskanSkies

Sorry how stupid can you get? Deathrun is a game where you run and try to survive. Jesus Christ
Yet it is still not the same thing. And did he say anything to provoke the insult? Just try to be NICE to people. He did nothing to deserve what you said, yet you seem to enjoy calling him stupid and acting all offended. All he said was that it's not deathrun. He did not say it impolitely. He did not insult you in the process.

Xist_

Yet it is still not the same thing. And did he say anything to provoke the insult? Just try to be NICE to people. He did nothing to deserve what you said, yet you seem to enjoy calling him stupid and acting all offended. All he said was that it's not deathrun. He did not say it impolitely. He did not insult you in the process.

Did i ask you? Sket

AlaskanSkies

I think the power idea would be cool- maybe it could be long, wide maps with blocks scattered around that, if mined, have some sort of effect.

Xist_

I'm sorry that I don't like your gamemode and why need to call it wither whatever when you can call it Deathrun even Zanios agrees

SAFollis

Trusted Member
I'm sorry that I don't like your gamemode and why need to call it wither whatever when you can call it Deathrun even Zanios agrees
But it isn't deathrun. Deathrun involves deaths activating traps, this just has you dodge wither skulls.

ImTea

Retired Staff
I don't see how you can relate Deathrun to Wither Runner. The fact that you said Deathrun is just about "Surviving" shows that you probably have jsut seen someone else play it, rather than yourself. And if you have played it, probably not much. The point of Deathrun is to get to the end of the map along, ususally, a fairly straight path, with traps along the way. These traps can be set off by death, or not. It is death's choice.

Wither Runner however has Wither heads that are constantly shooting at you, it has obstacles either that you have to work your way around or to use as cover from the bombarding Wither Skulls. The game is completed by ONE person completing the map, where as Deathrun it is as many people can win, so long as they get to the end of the map.

This shows how truely different the two gamemodes are. This doesn't even include the different kits and abilities.

Xist_

I don't see how you can relate Deathrun to Wither Runner. The fact that you said Deathrun is just about "Surviving" shows that you probably have jsut seen someone else play it, rather than yourself. And if you have played it, probably not much. The point of Deathrun is to get to the end of the map along, ususally, a fairly straight path, with traps along the way. These traps can be set off by death, or not. It is death's choice.

Wither Runner however has Wither heads that are constantly shooting at you, it has obstacles either that you have to work your way around or to use as cover from the bombarding Wither Skulls. The game is completed by ONE person completing the map, where as Deathrun it is as many people can win, so long as they get to the end of the map.

This shows how truely different the two gamemodes are. This doesn't even include the different kits and abilities.

DEATH RUN IS WHEN YOU'RE RUNNING AWAY FROM DEATH GET THAT IN YOUR BRAIN! SO IT CAN BE THAT YOU ARE BEING SHOT BY WITHER SKULLS ITS STILL DEATHRUN

Trenly

Admin
Admin
DEATH RUN IS WHEN YOU'RE RUNNING AWAY FROM DEATH GET THAT IN YOUR BRAIN! SO IT CAN BE THAT YOU ARE BEING SHOT BY WITHER SKULLS ITS STILL DEATHRUN
But death is not activiating traps in wither run. This is not death run, since there is no player acting as death.

Xist_

But death is not activiating traps in wither run. This is not death run, since there is no player acting as death.

Omg, please tell me you're joking that this isn't deathrun? It doesn't matter if someone isn't activating traps you are running to live hence "Deathrun"

Trenly

Admin
Admin
Omg, please tell me you're joking that this isn't deathrun? It doesn't matter if someone isn't activating traps you are running to live hence "Deathrun"
Deathrun is a very specific gamemode. This is not the same gamemode. Sure, you are running to livd, but that doesn't mean its deathrun