• We are now in Discord! Join our community discord for latest server news and more! You will also get a FREE RARE TREASURE when successfully linking your account! Join now, click here!

Should Gay Be Unblocked From Filter?

Should The Word *** Be Unblocked From Filter?

• Yes (I agree)

Votes: 5 10.2%
  • YES (I strongly Agree)

Votes: 22 44.9%
  • no (I Disagree)

Votes: 8 16.3%
  • NO (I strongly Disagree)

Votes: 6 12.2%
  • Neutral (Not Sure)

Votes: 8 16.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Decis

Thanks for respecting my opinion, as I respect yours too.
Other words that are blocked are words that are used to disrespect others. This is a word, that can also be used in a disrespecting manner. I see no differences. When players are allowed to use it and they use it in a bad way, it causes even more immaturity/childness. I believe we should try to bring down the level of disrespect in the community, and this just adds another word that players can use against one another. This word is just as bad as any of the other blocked words (when used disrespectfully).

I was kinda wary about posting this, this wasn't a very good argument haha
Who said all players would use it in a bad way, though? *Not saying that you said all, just stating something*

AppleGlacier

Retired Staff
I honestly understand this *No hate, No hate* but if someone uses it in a disrespectful manner, what can you do about it? There are always going to be people that will act childish. That's their problem if they haven't matured yet. Not much you could do to handle one person.
I understand completely what you are saying, although, this is a community with a lot of children and everything on it and I don't think anyone who is under the age of 10 who is on this server even really know what it means. Much less be it. Also, this is a community meant for younger people and like I have stated, this is not up to us to make the decision how they learn or if they learn it. That's up to the parents.

AppleGlacier

Retired Staff
Also, I would like to say. I greatly respect those who agree with me but also those who disagree with me but can still just talk about it without getting offended or anything. I would say people have been taking this very well and smoothly.

Decis

I understand completely what you are saying, although, this is a community with a lot of children and everything on it and I don't think anyone who is under the age of 10 who is on this server even really know what it means. Much less be it. Also, this is a community meant for younger people and like I have stated, this is not up to us to make the decision how they learn or if they learn it. That's up to the parents.
I say that most of ppl would use it in a bad way. Due to the fact that most kids are littler.
Although most of the players are younger, it doesn't mean that they'll repeat everything they hear. If they use it, so what? I mean it's technically not a swear word or used in a bad way, if used correctly. It's not like they won't learn it sooner or later in life.

Zelistra

Trusted Member
That's not up to us to decide for those kids to learn what those things are. and being like "Oh, they will learn it eventually" it still doesn't make it right. Does that mean we should start teaching children about suicide and stuff because "they will eventually figure it out" NO! We should not!
^ I agree with this

Although most of the players are younger, it doesn't mean that they'll repeat everything they hear. If they use it, so what? I mean it's technically not a swear word or used in a bad way, if used correctly. It's not like they won't learn it sooner or later in life.

MineJam

Retired Staff
All of these super long paragraphs that i'm not about to read.
Allow it, make it against the rules for someone to use it as an insult.
"staff" - great.... false positives.
"me" - who cares you're staff.
This is a block game lol, why do people even need to express there sexuality?
And why does there need to be a 7 paragraph comment saying pros and cons of saying "g.a.y"
This just seems like something that doesn't need to be as big as it is.

Decis

And why does there need to be a 7 paragraph comment saying pros and cons of saying "g.a.y"
People express their sexuality to make an opinion on the situation.

Zelistra

Trusted Member
I never said anything about suicide though. o_O
You said that it's fine if the kids use/hear the words. And in my opinion, they shouldn't know the words until they should know. I personally think that we should leave it to their parents.. And not tell kids any words like that. Just an opinion.
People on Creative play RP, and for them, RP is just like another life.. I guess, never really played RP. And of course they wanna talk deep into things just like they would irl.

Decis

I meant in game. No one needs to express there sexuality in a block game unless they're trying to bring attention to themselves.
Well then
You said that it's fine if the kids use/hear the words. And in my opinion, they shouldn't know the words until they should know. I personally think that we should leave it to their parents.. And not tell kids any words like that. Just an opinion.

People on Creative play RP, and for them, RP is just like another life.. I guess, never really played RP. And of course they wanna talk deep into things just like they would irl.
I fully respect your opinion, but if they are going to hear the words anyways, (Such as going to a public school x-x) it's not like it's a huge deal. Plus, it's not like they're going to do research on the word, "G.a.y."

Zelistra

Trusted Member
Well then

I fully respect your opinion, but if they are going to hear the words anyways, (Such as going to a public school x-x) it's not like it's a huge deal. Plus, it's not like they're going to do research on the word, "G.a.y."
I'm not sure, but if a kid is as curious as I am.. Because if I hear a word that I've never heard before, the first thing I do is I'd do tons of research on it and find out exactly what it means. I might not be the only one in the world that's this curious.. And if they are going to hear the words somewhere irl, it's fine, but here on the HHG community, I feel like we shouldn't let them know. Because tbh I didn't know what the word "g.a.y" means until I was 13, someone at school told me about it..

cStella

Retired Staff
Allowing the word G.a.y:
  • 1: We should be allowed to say this, and express ourselves and our interests.
  • 2: I feel like a lot of people (including me) Want to express this, A majority of people on HHG.
3: People have the right to say their sexuallity. Since a lot of people mistake them for straight. I'm listing more reasons.

If we are going to unblock these words I therefore think that we should be allowed to talk about our Religions then too. Because if other people are allowed to have freedom of sexuality etc. and of who they are I believe I should have the freedom to speak of my religion when I feel it is right to do so.

As you say, "we should be allowed to express ourselves and our interests"... so let's not leave out politics while we're at it!
I mean, you wouldn't want to stifle the needs of us "straight" people who desperately need to talk about and share our political views on a MC server either would you? *last part is sarcasm

....I mean we all know how these types of discussions will most likely end up and that is why they don't belong on a MC server.

If you want it to be more accepted and no big deal, then stop making it into a big deal.
No one really cares nor are they as interested in your sexual preferences as you think they are.

Last edited:

MineJam

Retired Staff
RP in its self is stupid in my opinion. If its a second life that's fine with me but you need to understand that the end result is you just told 200+ people on creative that you're "g.a.y" And half of these kids don't have a clue what they're talking about. Most people that play Minecraft are under 13. At 13 you have no clue what you are. I'm going to get hate for that but I don't care. Its statistics, argue all you want.

Decis

RP in its self is stupid in my opinion. If its a second life that's fine with me but you need to understand that the end result is you just told 200+ people on creative that you're "g.a.y" And half of these kids don't have a clue what they're talking about. Most people that play Minecraft are under 13. At 13 you have no clue what you are. I'm going to get hate for that but I don't care. Its statistics, argue all you want.
I knew what I was when I was 9... Plus, It's your opinion, no hate should be intended.

EPICMATT88

Trusted Member
This is starting to get out of hand. Why can't people have opinions without having someone diss them. Everyone just chill and not argue about other people's ideas.

MineJam

Retired Staff
I'm not wasting any more of my time on this thread.
Its a word, Allow it and see what happens.

MintySuga

Like MineJam said
Allow it and see what happens
Like really it's just a word
If people make homophobic jokes report it this is why we have forums accounts tbh.

Socializing

I honestly understand this *No hate, No hate* but if someone uses it in a disrespectful manner, what can you do about it? There are always going to be people that will act childish. That's their problem if they haven't matured yet. Not much you could do to handle one person.
This is true, but there are perfectly nice players on the server who will get muted possibly if someone catches them misusing the word, or acting in a disorderly manner using that word. Its their fault, but still. (this probably isn't a good point)

AppleGlacier

Retired Staff
As you say, "we should be allowed to express ourselves and our interests"... so let's not leave out politics while we're at it!
I mean, you wouldn't want to stifle the needs of us "straight" people who desperately need to talk about and share our political views on a MC server either would you?
Yup! If we are talking about expressing ourselves and being allowed to do it. Us straight people need something to occupy us so Religion and Politics need to be added.

Status
Not open for further replies.