• We are now in Discord! Join our community discord for latest server news and more! You will also get a FREE RARE TREASURE when successfully linking your account! Join now, click here!
  • This portion of the forum has moved to Discord!

Global Hackers

Status
Not open for further replies.

ParadoxTaco

Guys guys, one at a time lol
What does that even mean? Also a perm ban never ends well. Plenty of larger servers have temp bans.
One server has 2 temps before perm. And one temp ban is better then a perm ban.
Maybe the rules should be changed to

First time=14 days ban
Second time= perm ban

And it should say in the first ban that you are getting perm banned if you do it again
That is also a great idea that could be added.

Last edited by a moderator:

jullll

Honestly, I think they should have 3 chances. Most likely they'll learn their lesson and stop hacking. They're just noobs wanting to win and have "skill". I get accused of raging noobs and then they rage quit, everyone does, so then they just wanna hack. Infact the other day I saw someone say "I want to hack it looks fun lol" and this wasn't a joke, he wanted to... so he should learn his lesson by hacking... I hate hackers, I believe almost everyone does. But I agree with Trenly and Ida_0611. #DownWithTheHax

Zainos

Owner, Founder and Lead Developer
Owner
Staff Manager
A healthy debate about something is always good and helpful as long as respect is kept and no one is rude (Won't give names).
Regarding the discussion, it really interested me what Unitus said: I believe that if we keep the actual system we have BUT with the addition of a mandatory requirement which forces the players to write a first instance of ban appeal in order for their temp ban countdown begins, it may turn out to be slightly more effective when dealing with hackers.
How would this work? When a player gets banned for hacking (This would only be applied for hacking temp bans in a first instance, as for all the punishment reasons it would be nearly impossible to handle the high demand of appeals; having in mind the huge time it takes to answer one), it would be permanently banned and forced to apply at forums in order to get unbanned. Once the player applies and promises it shall never break the rules again, the temporarily ban of 7 days countdown would start, and only once this time has passed then the player would be able to come back to the servers. This would be repeated with the 15 days ban and regarding the third strike, the player would get permanently banned with no option to appeal.
Nevertheless, in order to apply this new system, it would require a huge ton of organization and way more staff members since you may not know but handling ban appeals is a really tedious, stressful, and long job; that requires a huge ton of time, concentration, skills, and administration abilities. Therefore, it may take some time for this to be applied to the network if we decide, with previous approval of the WHOLE Staff team, to switch to this new system...

Fu3rza

What if that "hacker" wasn't hacking in the first place? say like someone good was pvping and they were called on hacks and (false) banned 3 times

Zainos

Owner, Founder and Lead Developer
Owner
Staff Manager
What if that "hacker" wasn't hacking in the first place? say like someone good was pvping and they were called on hacks and (false) banned 3 times
It seems you don't understand how our banning and appealing system works. You can't get incorrectly banned thrice since in order to ban someone, all staff is forced to previously gather valid proof about the user's hacks in order to perform the punishment, like in real life. Furthermore, if a staff member makes a mistake which is possible because no one is perfect, when the users makes the appeal, we would review the proof gathered by the Staff member and if it's the case that the proof is invalid and it was just matter of skills (for example), then the user would get immediately unbanned (Without the ban being saved in its records), and the staff member action would be remembered for the future. Hope this clarifies your doubts ;)

Unitus

Retired Staff
A healthy debate about something is always good and helpful as long as respect is kept and no one is rude (Won't give names).
Regarding the discussion, it really interested me what Unitus said: I believe that if we keep the actual system we have BUT with the addition of a mandatory requirement which forces the players to write a first instance of ban appeal in order for their temp ban countdown begins, it may turn out to be slightly more effective when dealing with hackers.
How would this work? When a player gets banned for hacking (This would only be applied for hacking temp bans in a first instance, as for all the punishment reasons it would be nearly impossible to handle the high demand of appeals; having in mind the huge time it takes to answer one), it would be permanently banned and forced to apply at forums in order to get unbanned. Once the player applies and promises it shall never break the rules again, the temporarily ban of 7 days countdown would start, and only once this time has passed then the player would be able to come back to the servers. This would be repeated with the 15 days ban and regarding the third strike, the player would get permanently banned with no option to appeal.
Nevertheless, in order to apply this new system, it would require a huge ton of organization and way more staff members since you may not know but handling ban appeals is a really tedious, stressful, and long job; that requires a huge ton of time, concentration, skills, and administration abilities. Therefore, it may take some time for this to be applied to the network if we decide, with previous approval of the WHOLE Staff team, to switch to this new system...
It seems you don't understand how our banning and appealing system works. You can't get incorrectly banned thrice since in order to ban someone, all staff is forced to previously gather valid proof about the user's hacks in order to perform the punishment, like in real life. Furthermore, if a staff member makes a mistake which is possible because no one is perfect, when the users makes the appeal, we would review the proof gathered by the Staff member and if it's the case that the proof is invalid and it was just matter of skills (for example), then the user would get immediately unbanned (Without the ban being saved in its records), and the staff member action would be remembered for the future. Hope this clarifies your doubts ;)
Perfection right there, thanks Zainos :)

andrew louie

Maybe the rules should be changed to

First time=14 days ban
Second time= perm ban

And it should say in the first ban that you are getting perm banned if you do it again
14 DAYS! Bruh, if someone, let's say, curses a whole tone, you don't ban them for 14 DAYZ

XV_Scorpion_VX

Retired Staff
Well, me and Asplia did come up with a new suggestion on this, but to be honest there really isn't much point putting it up due to the fact that it already seems that the staff don't want more suggestions... Post if you want me to put it up here I suppose.

_Bach_

Retired Staff
14 DAYS! Bruh, if someone, let's say, curses a whole tone, you don't ban them for 14 DAYZ

No, profanity would result in a mute, not a ban first of all. Secondly, repeat offenses get worse and worse. Speaking of "the law" as you say, most first offense criminals are treated much less severely than say a third offense criminal. (Except say in the instance of murder or something). Our system allows players to think about what they have done wrong and perhaps correct their actions.

They are banned once for hacking, and that should be a wake up call. If they hack again, its 15 days with no HHG. If they hack one more time, three strikes youre out and they are perm banned. if they want they can pay $20 and $40 for the unban fees and spend $60 just to hack on the server (if they are literally idiots xD)

Any player who is banned for hacking has to have been banned via legitimate evidence, whether seen and recorded by staff online or reported by another player. No one is banned by rumor.

andrew louie

What i have found often as a staff is this: there are three kinds of hackers

1. The hit and run hacker- these players hop on the server, turn on whatever hacks they want, and stay as long as they can having fun hacking. I would say up to 75% of hackers i ban are in this category, First offense, and i most likely never see them again. So a perm ban makes no difference for them. They will delete the server and move on.

2. The repeat offender- this is often someone who has played on the server for a decent amount of time and is invested in the community, but they have hacks they use in maybe one or two gamemodes. These players are the ones whom i think your suggestion is targeting. However, i have seen players hack once or even twice, and then not again because they dont want to be removed from the community and server. Again, having 3 strikes youre out system works better here too.

3. Noob experimenter- Someone who just decides to try hacks cause they look fun, a friend wants them to, or they rage and wanna win. Either way, after their first ban, they get scared silly and never wanna hack again. A first offense perm ban is again ineffective.

So the question is: how do we ensure the community is free of hackers?
1. Anti-Hacking plugins help eliminate the hacks players can use
2. Staff online and watching
3. A strong communitythat reports the players to forums or to an online staff

The solution is not to increase the severity of the punishment, as often, a ban in general deters 95%+ of the hackers (more like 99% xD). And those that continue to hack after their first ban get one more ban, and then again and they are perm banned. They will be removed from the system soon enough as is.
The reason there are hit and run hackers are because there's no use doing damage to a server over and over if there gonna fix it. Also When Will Throw Items be back on The Creative Server?

As a former staff, I have something to say about this. I agree, the temp bans are a good idea on the server as they warn the player not to hack again, and if they continue to, they will be out of the server entirely. However, back when I was a staff on the server, I noticed the a good deal of players that I caught hacking actually did have a record, and people that I asked had said the player had been coming back every few days, hacking and getting away with it, and this got me thinking, having 3 stages of bans is a bit too many chances as the certain hackers with this trait that I banned where clearly getting a lot of chances and still squandering them.
Most are hit and run

Most servers (nearly all I think) permanently ban hackers straight away. Just saying.
Some are so unpopular they don't need one

I'd expect the staff to know the difference between a skilled player and a hacker.
A skilled player you know because they will sooner or later will die, A hacker kills you faster than anyone and never dies no matter how many time you try to kill them

I disagree. The times are (I believe):
  1. 1 week
  2. 2 weeks
  3. Perm
The point of a temp ban is to get them to stop hacking so they can play normally. The system is fine as is.
It should be
1. 24Hours
2. 1 Week
3. Perm
That's how my "virtual world" thing did it

It's not always that easy to tell. There have been many times where people look like they are hacking, and they aren't. It's not uncommon.
If anyone is suspected of hacking, they should Prove that there not hacking

Last edited by a moderator:

_Bach_

Retired Staff
andrew louie please keep the thread on topic.
Also When Will Throw Items be back on The Creative Server?

I dont believe this discussion is really going anywhere. Zainos has said what idea he would possibly like to look into, but at this point this thread is not going to change punishment times for bans. As I mentioned 2 weeks ago on this thread, I would say about 4/5 hackers are deterred on the first ban, and another good proportion on the second. Those that may come back for a third round are faced with either a fee or never coming back.

The system as is I think pretty effectively deals with hackers. If they bother you, please report them to an online staff or on forums and we can deal with them way faster and more efficiently. It literally accomplishes nothing to complain about them and then not do anything about them xD

andrew louie

1. There's many hacks that can bypass that, a player was tp:ing in pvp today. The plugins should be able to notice that if they were good
2. There's not always staff online, around 8am-2pm, my time, there's most likely no staff online.
3. Players doesn't report half of the hackers. It's annoying to record every single time.
They should only have ca
I mean that staff take videos of the person hacking
how are they gonna take videos?

Majorconnor10

In my opinion, hacking does WAY MORE damage to the server than many things you can get perm banned for. "Using an alternate account to avoid a mute" is perm ban, what bad does that do to the server, lets people talk to their friends after being muted? Even if you were using your brothers account and you were muted and you weren't even using it to talk, just to level up, and you say to one of your friends "I am (blah blah)" you can get perm banned and there is nothing you can do to prove it wrong. It shouldn't be a week, that is nothing, and some hacks can't be proven, if they aren't obvious and can't be 100% sure by a video. You could download some clicking app that makes your clicking faster (my dad has one, you can set it to 1000 clicks per second.) They could set it just to the point where they aren't clicking at impossible speeds but at very fast speeds. This wouldn't be proven. Hacking ruins the server, it makes possible newcomers playing on the server leave if they keep getting killed in PVP or SG or Hitman. If you hack, you should get perm banned. Or AT LEAST 1 month ban first offender then perm ban (unban if pay fee), then after all fees are paid and they still hack, PERMANENT BAN (no exceptions unless proven innocent.) Not many hackers would pay 60$ to stay on a server, they would easily find another. That is my opinion.

Last edited:

Majorconnor10

-_-

Does anyone here agree with me...?

I agree with you 99.99% in this thread.
He isn't being rude just because he is explaining his point with the people who disagree. He is just cutting strait to the chase, no bs. I do that 90% of the time too. And usually, I type huge paragraphs explaining my points.

Status
Not open for further replies.