• We are now in Discord! Join our community discord for latest server news and more! You will also get a FREE RARE TREASURE when successfully linking your account! Join now, click here!
  • This portion of the forum has moved to Discord!

Global Hackers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zinex

I've recently found out that a hacker's punishment is only a week of a ban (first offense).
This is preposterous. Hackers should immediately get a permanent ban. Even in his first offense.

Anyone can hack freely now knowing that if he gets caught, all he has to do is wait a week until his ban ends and then he can play normally without hacks.

Hackers should get permanent bans straight away.

Trenly

Admin
Admin
I've recently found out that a hacker's punishment is only a week of a ban (first offense).
This is preposterous. Hackers should immediately get a permanent ban. Even in his first offense.

Anyone can hack freely now knowing that if he gets caught, all he has to do is wait a week until his ban ends and then he can play normally without hacks.

Hackers should get permanent bans straight away.
I disagree. The times are (I believe):
  1. 1 week
  2. 2 weeks
  3. Perm
The point of a temp ban is to get them to stop hacking so they can play normally. The system is fine as is.

Zinex

You'd disagree with me no matter what I said.
If you hack, you should get permanently banned.

Trenly

Admin
Admin
I don't disagrees with you on everything, and even if I did I am simply giving my opinion.

As Ida_0611 said, everybody deserves a second chance. If they don't have the opportunity to come play as normal players, the server would not be as big as it is today. Also remember that some staff were most likely banned for hacking in the past. It's part of what makes them proficient at determining of someone is hacking or not.

Anchezz

Trusted Member
"everyone deserves a second chance to clean up their mistakes"
I don't disagrees with you on everything, and even if I did I am simply giving my opinion.

As Ida_0611 said, everybody deserves a second chance. If they don't have the opportunity to come play as normal players, the server would not be as big as it is today. Also remember that some staff were most likely banned for hacking in the past. It's part of what makes them proficient at determining of someone is hacking or not.
We're not talking about a second chance, it's 3 chances lmao. If someone hacks they are 99.99% likely to hack straight away when they come back.

And also, what's more important? Keeping the current players that does not hack on the server or keeping this system to get more players, that a times hack, to help the server grow? Because players will leave when there's like 3 hackers in pvp and sg. And at the end of the day, just because we have temporarily bans, the system won't help the server grow since they will get perm banned anyway. Isn't it better to make the server look good, being free from hackers?

_Bach_

Retired Staff
What i have found often as a staff is this: there are three kinds of hackers

1. The hit and run hacker- these players hop on the server, turn on whatever hacks they want, and stay as long as they can having fun hacking. I would say up to 75% of hackers i ban are in this category, First offense, and i most likely never see them again. So a perm ban makes no difference for them. They will delete the server and move on.

2. The repeat offender- this is often someone who has played on the server for a decent amount of time and is invested in the community, but they have hacks they use in maybe one or two gamemodes. These players are the ones whom i think your suggestion is targeting. However, i have seen players hack once or even twice, and then not again because they dont want to be removed from the community and server. Again, having 3 strikes youre out system works better here too.

3. Noob experimenter- Someone who just decides to try hacks cause they look fun, a friend wants them to, or they rage and wanna win. Either way, after their first ban, they get scared silly and never wanna hack again. A first offense perm ban is again ineffective.

So the question is: how do we ensure the community is free of hackers?
1. Anti-Hacking plugins help eliminate the hacks players can use
2. Staff online and watching
3. A strong communitythat reports the players to forums or to an online staff

The solution is not to increase the severity of the punishment, as often, a ban in general deters 95%+ of the hackers (more like 99% xD). And those that continue to hack after their first ban get one more ban, and then again and they are perm banned. They will be removed from the system soon enough as is.

ParadoxTaco

Honestly. I wouldnt disagree with you if what you post sounded good. Alot of the time you seem to try enforcing things. Theres a reason for the temp bans. If you got insta-Banned, then theres no chance to fix mistakes. Sure some people just keep coming back to hack, but thats what staff is for. It could be noted that some more staff woulfbe helpful, when theres 400 people on the server and one helper.

Anchezz

Trusted Member
1. There's many hacks that can bypass that, a player was tp:ing in pvp today. The plugins should be able to notice that if they were good
2. There's not always staff online, around 8am-2pm, my time, there's most likely no staff online.
3. Players doesn't report half of the hackers. It's annoying to record every single time.

Zinex

2. The repeat offender- this is often someone who has played on the server for a decent amount of time and is invested in the community, but they have hacks they use in maybe one or two gamemodes. These players are the ones whom i think your suggestion is targeting. However, i have seen players hack once or even twice, and then not again because they dont want to be removed from the community and server. Again, having 3 strikes youre out system works better here too.
If this player would know that his punishment would be a perm ban, he most likely wouldn't do it in the first place. Giving players a second chance is basically giving them a freebie for hacking.

By the way, the staff is rarely online (at least when I'm online).

Ida_0611

Trusted Member
What i have found often as a staff is this:

Well staff online and watching that's the best thing and the third one BUT I'm
Hearing a lot of players that are complaining about the staffs and I'm like guys they are willing to help they don't get payed for it!

And a lot of players actually don't know about the /staff so maybe make it more like showned (idk)

Hackers is a big issue but you can't get rid of them all but at least we are trying to do something about it...

:)

Trenly

Admin
Admin
Well the staff are watching the wrong players.
The staff may watch whomever they choose. If they feel a player may be hacking they have every right to watch that person.

As _Bach_ said, the hackers will be gone soon enough. And most hackers are one-time. The repeat offenders usually do quit after two tempbans. The system we have works well enough. No need to fix what's not broken.

Ida_0611

Trusted Member
Well the staff are watching the wrong players.
Just because you got banned... You can't say they are watching the wrong players, people may have asked a staff member if they could check the person if he's hacking and thats their "job" to see if they hack. I will agree with that they are banning the wrong people sometimes and you for example are legend you're wrecking like everyone in pvp so there's a bigger chance for you to get banned by hacking .. .

MysticMusician

It's not always that easy to tell. There have been many times where people look like they are hacking, and they aren't. It's not uncommon. There were a few people on the server, who I thought hacked for months, but were actually just skilled. It's really not an easy thing. some are obvious like fly, or fast bow. Things such as kill aura aren't always easy to say as a definite, and mistakes happen. Also I don't agree with an immediate perm ban, because of chances of mistake banning, yes there are ban disputes, but they don't always go well. Also most people, won't even bother to come back, and if they do they either don't hack, or still do and get banned again. eventually they'll be perma banned if they keep doing it, so why not at least give someone a chance to prove themselves?

Anchezz

Trusted Member
It's not always that easy to tell. There have been many times where people look like they are hacking, and they aren't. It's not uncommon. There were a few people on the server, who I thought hacked for months, but were actually just skilled. It's really not an easy thing. some are obvious like fly, or fast bow. Things such as kill aura aren't always easy to say as a definite, and mistakes happen. Also I don't agree with an immediate perm ban, because of chances of mistake banning, yes there are ban disputes, but they don't always go well. Also most people, won't even bother to come back, and if they do they either don't hack, or still do and get banned again. eventually they'll be perma banned if they keep doing it, so why not at least give someone a chance to prove themselves?
If you're good at pvp it's not that hard to see the difference between hacks and skills. Also, if hackers doesn't bother to come back I can't see why a permban would be a bad thing? If they feel like they're not going to hack again, and want to come back to the server, they can make a dispute. As you said, they don't always go well, and there's reasons for that. Rejected disputes prove that the player does not deserve to be on the server. If they still think it's unfair, they could always buy the unban fee if it's that important to come back.

XV_Scorpion_VX

Retired Staff
As a former staff, I have something to say about this. I agree, the temp bans are a good idea on the server as they warn the player not to hack again, and if they continue to, they will be out of the server entirely. However, back when I was a staff on the server, I noticed the a good deal of players that I caught hacking actually did have a record, and people that I asked had said the player had been coming back every few days, hacking and getting away with it, and this got me thinking, having 3 stages of bans is a bit too many chances as the certain hackers with this trait that I banned where clearly getting a lot of chances and still squandering them.

So, I have a suggestion that will balance out both sides. Instead of 3 stages of banning, it would be shortened to only 2, so it would be a ban of 7 days, and then a perm ban. This would hopefully diminish the hackers that didn't learn their lesson the first time, and so they will have to get back in through money or asking to get back in over time. I recon that having only 1 warning instead of 2 would decrease the amount of hackers on the server, and it would be easier for the staff. Its a fact that there will always be hackers, but it would help if the rules got a little, not a lot, but a little stricter.

XV_Scorpion_VX

Retired Staff
Most servers (nearly all I think) permanently ban hackers straight away. Just saying.
Yeah true, but some other servers have turned to temp banning, but all of the ones I've seen do this only 1 warning, not 2, apart from HHGN of course. (You get what I mean?)

Last edited:

Trenly

Admin
Admin
If they feel like they're not going to hack again, and want to come back to the server, they can make a dispute. As you said, they don't always go well, and there's reasons for that. Rejected disputes prove that the player does not deserve to be on the server.
A dispute is not necessarily a "plea" to come back to the server. If there is strong evidence a player has hacked, a ban dispute means virtually nothing. It is a dispute meaning that they provide some sort of evidence that they were not hacking, or that they were wrongly banned. A rejection does not mean they do not deserve to be on the server, it means the evidence against them was not able to be overturned.
----------
I'd expect the staff to know the difference between a skilled player and a hacker.
It's not easy to determine between hacks and "skill". Staff look for hacks that break the physics of Minecraft (hitting someone beside or behind you, head snapping, speed on a non-speed kit, auto-souping, anti-knockback, etc). Most staff are very good at what they do, but everybody makes mistakes sometimes.
----------
A good deal of players that are caught hacking actually do have a record.

So, I have a suggestion that will balance out both sides. Instead of 3 stages of banning, it would be shortened to only 2, so it would be a ban of 7 days, and then a perm ban. This would hopefully diminish the hackers that didn't learn their lesson the first time, and so they will have to get back in through money or asking to get back in over time. I recon that having only 1 warning instead of 2 would decrease the amount of hackers on the server, and it would be easier for the staff. Its a fact that there will always be hackers, but it would help if the rules got a little, not a lot, but a little stricter.
I would think that this would be a good solution. Perhaps a 14-day for first offense, but then immediately to a perm on a second offense, but it would definitely remove more of the hacking population.

Unitus

Retired Staff
In all honesty, I hate see hackers get banned, after a week come back, hack again and couldn't care less, they should get perm banned at first offence, the staff member has to immediately file a ban report issuing the evidence used against the player, withing the ban note in-game add a link to their file report reason they were banned, (the evidence should be kept hidden given to the staff member's discretion) from there they can ban appeal, follow an HHG oath, declaring that they shall not hack again, a second chance will automatically be given, and the player will be able to play again BUT this time with the REAL consequences in mind. Just a suggestion.

XV_Scorpion_VX

Retired Staff
In all honesty, I hate see hackers get banned, after a week come back, hack again and couldn't care less, they should get perm banned at first offence, the staff member has to immediately file a ban report issuing the evidence used against the player, withing the ban note in-game add a link to their file report reason they were banned, (the evidence should be kept hidden given to the staff member's discretion) from there they can ban appeal, follow an HHG oath, declaring that they shall not hack again, a second chance will automatically be given, and the player will be able to play again BUT this time with the REAL consequences in mind. Just a suggestion.
To be honest yeah I agree with this. Its a common sense thing now that you shouldn't hack on a game, otherwise you'll be banned from the game and will have to do what Unitus said or have to buy their way back in, and to be honest it would be better if there was only 1 of them. This has changed my view of this, and yeah, they shouldn't get a second chance so easily (The more expensive one). At the very minimum there should only be one temp ban and if possible, no easy second chance.

Status
Not open for further replies.