• We are now in Discord! Join our community discord for latest server news and more! You will also get a FREE RARE TREASURE when successfully linking your account! Join now, click here!
  • This portion of the forum has moved to Discord!

Global Why Not A Voting System For Staff.

Should This Be Added To HHGN?

• Yes.

Votes: 1 6.3%
  • No.

Votes: 12 75.0%
  • Try it for a bit, then go normal if it does not work out.

Votes: 3 18.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deathtoalldinis

With The President Elections Everywhere, i thought we could instead of having Zainos pick the staff members (Not saying their not good staff) why dont we vote for them for a week, and have 3 people or so be the Candidates for A New Helper, Mod, Admin, And Head-Admin. (No new owners zainos does a great job as owner <3) So i mean, this is just a idea that i had and if you don't like it that is fine, but i think it would help a little bit because some people hate a staff member or they don't think their doing a good job. If you don't like this idea, please don't hate it was just a little idea i had because there are lots of fights on HHG Against Staff Vs Players, and i always thought it was just bcuz they are whining but its every time, For instance Sometimes i can be mad at some people for being salty when they don't need to be, but they do it just to get on my nerves. Sometimes people abuse their power and they keep being mean to like...rp'ers on creative, people who kill them in pvp, etc. Now some people like this staff more then that staff, but it would be Majority Vote. This Could Be Held every few weeks or months, when a staff member is banned for some reason, etc. So if you dont agree with my idea feel free to make a few tweaks but don't just say "This is a terrible idea!!1" and such. I really think this could be a improvement on our staff system, its amazing all ready but some staff can be mean/salty but they can be good-ish staff, so don't we as the people of hhg have a right to vote for staff? Some staff can be a little mean/rude to some people so we should vote on staff. If Their mean/salty to like a few people but nice over all to everyone, we should vote on them. Thank you for all your time and i hope you have a good night or a wonderful day, Thank You For Your Time!~

Xist_

No just no just no. This would be a popularity vote not who is the best staff member vote.

Someone from creative who has no idea of the rules would get it because they are so popular. This would just ruin the server for everyone and no doubt there would be a lot of abuse from staff members on people they don't like.

Nootch

Trusted Member
The idea seems fun, but I just don't like it because it would be based off popularity, not experience.

brandon2002

I am not a big fan of this idea because picking the staff of the server is the Owner's job only, not the community's. Also, not all players will choose appropriately based off the criteria given.
Many will choose by profanity and as all players have stated above, popularity.

Zelistra

Trusted Member
I guess maybe we can only vote for Helpers not Mods or anything else, I mean we all know who's nice who's not, so I guess it would be good if we can vote for Helpers :)

_Smokescreen_

Retired Staff
With The President Elections Everywhere, i thought we could instead of having Zainos pick the staff members (Not saying their not good staff) why dont we vote for them for a week, and have 3 people or so be the Candidates for A New Helper, Mod, Admin, And Head-Admin. (No new owners zainos does a great job as owner <3) So i mean, this is just a idea that i had and if you don't like it that is fine, but i think it would help a little bit because some people hate a staff member or they don't think their doing a good job. If you don't like this idea, please don't hate it was just a little idea i had because there are lots of fights on HHG Against Staff Vs Players, and i always thought it was just bcuz they are whining but its every time, For instance Sometimes i can be mad at some people for being salty when they don't need to be, but they do it just to get on my nerves. Sometimes people abuse their power and they keep being mean to like...rp'ers on creative, people who kill them in pvp, etc. Now some people like this staff more then that staff, but it would be Majority Vote. This Could Be Held every few weeks or months, when a staff member is banned for some reason, etc. So if you dont agree with my idea feel free to make a few tweaks but don't just say "This is a terrible idea!!1" and such. I really think this could be a improvement on our staff system, its amazing all ready but some staff can be mean/salty but they can be good-ish staff, so don't we as the people of hhg have a right to vote for staff? Some staff can be a little mean/rude to some people so we should vote on staff. If Their mean/salty to like a few people but nice over all to everyone, we should vote on them. Thank you for all your time and i hope you have a good night or a wonderful day, Thank You For Your Time!~
If a player has a problem with a staff member, they can PM Zainos on the forums about it. Also this can easily come down to, as people have said, a choice of favouritism . Players can simply apply for staff at bit.ly/HHGNApp

Deathtoalldinis

well this is a lost cause, and i understand why its a bad idea because I was not really thinking when i made this so can someone delete this thread ig :l

Majorconnor10

This would be a horrible idea.

well this is a lost cause, and i understand why its a bad idea because I was not really thinking when i made this so can someone delete this thread ig :l

And you can't ask anyone to delete your thread for you...

ImTea

Retired Staff
Good on paper, bad in practice. I sincerely understand where you were heading with this. But this has been attempted on many smaller servers and ended quite unsuccessfully. This should not be repeated, sorry to say ;-;

As many people stated it would be based mainly off popularity. Any significant status in creative and/or parkour would get a majority vote, leaving out all other servers. Again, good on paper, bad in practice :/

Majorconnor10

Good on paper, bad in practice. I sincerely understand where you were heading with this. But this has been attempted on many smaller servers and ended quite unsuccessfully. This should not be repeated, sorry to say ;-;

As many people stated it would be based mainly off popularity. Any significant status in creative and/or parkour would get a majority vote, leaving out all other servers. Again, good on paper, bad in practice :/

^^^

And there really is no point for this. It sounds good, but no use.

brandon2002

− Quote
Do not worry about it man, you did nothing wrong. I am sure everyone appreciates your dearly suggestion, its just that the majority of us do not agree with this idea of yours. Do not take it the bad way, in fact, the fact that you used up your time to think about this suggestion and to post it on here shows your loyalty and dedication to the server.

Trenly

Admin
Admin
− Quote
Do not worry about it man, you did nothing wrong. I am sure everyone appreciates your dearly suggestion, its just that the majority of us do not agree with this idea of yours. Do not take it the bad way, in fact, the fact that you used up your time to think about this suggestion and to post it on here shows your loyalty and dedication to the server.
Did you mean, to say:
Instead of:

_Bach_

Retired Staff
I will say this- how popular you are in the community has NOTHING to do with how good of a staff member you are. How popular you are is usually based on how friendly you are, NOT on how well you do your job. You can be friendly and do a good staffing job, or you can not be friendly and still do a good job.

But to do a popular vote to determine the next rank-ups would be chaos. People who have no idea of the criteria and who dont even know half the staff would be voting. Zainos decides when a staff is ready to be allowed more responsibility, and he is by far the best judge. The community is welcome to think certain staff are "their favorite" or stuff like that, but I think it's a rediculous idea to have the community decide staff rather than true facts and numbers :)

And again, to echo what Smoke said, if you see a staff abusing powers or such like that, pm Zainos with proof ASAP! That is a serious issue that needs to be addressed.

Zelistra

Trusted Member
I will say this- how popular you are in the community has NOTHING to do with how good of a staff member you are. How popular you are is usually based on how friendly you are, NOT on how well you do your job. You can be friendly and do a good staffing job, or you can not be friendly and still do a good job.

But to do a popular vote to determine the next rank-ups would be chaos. People who have no idea of the criteria and who dont even know half the staff would be voting. Zainos decides when a staff is ready to be allowed more responsibility, and he is by far the best judge. The community is welcome to think certain staff are "their favorite" or stuff like that, but I think it's a rediculous idea to have the community decide staff rather than true facts and numbers :)

And again, to echo what Smoke said, if you see a staff abusing powers or such like that, pm Zainos with proof ASAP! That is a serious issue that needs to be addressed.
Agree ^ Ugh I'm so not good at holding secrets...! Sorry NeonMalu... Well she's just helping me.... A LOT, I really need her help so PLEASE DON'T DO ANYTHING TO HER

Majorconnor10

Yeah, lets leave all the voting to Zainos. Not the people who don't care about how responsible a staff is. Zainos is good at his job. This suggestion was a good thought, but it just isn't too useful. But thinking like this, thinking out of the box, will lead to great ideas.

Masterfireheart

Retired Staff
quick rundown on past events that have taken place before that proves this is the worst idea ever:
-metahead
-ZER0GR4V1TY
2 guys who paid lots of money to become high ranking staff
meta became an abusive kid who bullied everyone and misabused many powers
ZER0 pulled a huge chargeback on the money donated (it was a ton of money that would have helped HHG a ton back then)

how about no

Last edited by a moderator:

SAFollis

Trusted Member
quick rundown on past events that have taken place before that proves this is the worst idea ever:
-metahead
-ZER0GR4V1TY
2 guys who paid lots of money to become high ranking staff
meta became an abusive asswipe who bullied everyone and misabused many powers
ZER0 pulled a huge chargeback on the money donated (it was a ton of money that would have helped HHG a ton back then)

how about no
martinbalu paid 5,000 too

Zainos

Owner, Founder and Lead Developer
Owner
Staff Manager
martinbalu paid 5,000 too
Nope, it was $1500 and he chargebacked afterwards so he just scammed us, lul.
Anyway, no offence but this is the worst idea suggested since I founded my Server.

- Thread locked

Status
Not open for further replies.