• Note: We are accepting any kind of map. However, we are specifically looking for Jigsaw Levels and Parkour maps. Therefore, your arena may have a higher chance to be accepted if it's for once of those game-modes, as long as it meets our Map Criteria.
  • We are now in Discord! Join our community discord for latest server news and more! You will also get a FREE RARE TREASURE when successfully linking your account! Join now, click here!

SCBB Volcano

Should this be added?

• Yes.

Votes: 2 28.6%
  • No because...

Votes: 5 71.4%

• Total voters

ChildMusher69

I made a SCBB map, called Volcano. It's on my first plot (/p h CrepeCat)
Here are some screenshots
Screen shot 2016-06-09 at 7.05.39 PM.jpg
Screen shot 2016-06-09 at 7.05.33 PM.jpg
Screen shot 2016-06-09 at 7.05.30 PM.jpg
Screen shot 2016-06-09 at 7.05.22 PM.jpg
Screen shot 2016-06-09 at 7.05.18 PM.jpg
Screen shot 2016-06-09 at 7.05.11 PM.jpg
Screen shot 2016-06-09 at 7.05.06 PM.jpg
Screen shot 2016-06-09 at 7.05.00 PM.jpg

I took the screenshots before I added the beacons, so here's a screenshot with them
Screen shot 2016-06-09 at 7.10.13 PM.jpg

MC_ProYT

Trusted Member
here are some things to work on:

•the custom tree is not the best
•it is very unlikely in real life for a body of water to be surrounded in a tiny volcanic island
•kinda looks a little like my map..
•the use of heads is not so good
•some parts of the map look a little square-ish..
•putting your head in the map will maybe (i dont really know) decrease the chances, for you ask iijam if the map gets accepted if you could add your head as an easter egg
•a normal plot-sized map is not always the best
•the general placing of the blocks/slabs is not so good, for they are randomly hanging in most places which does not look as good
•stone bricks are NOT usually in a volcano. normal volcanic blocks are obsidian, stone, cobblestone, and andesite
•the general block choice is bad
•lava is definitely hand-placed.. if you want custom lava, i recommend making this in a single player world or in a private server where you have acces to world edit or voxelsniper
•the hand-placed blocks are pretty obvious to tell from others. for example, the black stained glass and cobwebs are obviously hand-placed
•parts of the map look very world edited such as the spherical island
•i dont exactly know how many volcanic maps there are, but i think you could go with another theme. we already have world at war and my skywars map and i actually think an scbb that is EXACTLY like this one!

i do not really like the map and would like iiJam to review it before you make a lot of these changes..

Trenly

Admin
Admin
Imo its too similar to bombsite

I also dislike the amount of water on this map, combined with the fact that most of the land has lava on it in one section

ChildMusher69

here are some things to work on:

•the custom tree is not the best
•it is very unlikely in real life for a body of water to be surrounded in a tiny volcanic island
•kinda looks a little like my map..
•the use of heads is not so good
•some parts of the map look a little square-ish..
•putting your head in the map will maybe (i dont really know) decrease the chances, for you ask iijam if the map gets accepted if you could add your head as an easter egg
•a normal plot-sized map is not always the best
•the general placing of the blocks/slabs is not so good, for they are randomly hanging in most places which does not look as good
•stone bricks are NOT usually in a volcano. normal volcanic blocks are obsidian, stone, cobblestone, and andesite
•the general block choice is bad
•lava is definitely hand-placed.. if you want custom lava, i recommend making this in a single player world or in a private server where you have acces to world edit or voxelsniper
•the hand-placed blocks are pretty obvious to tell from others. for example, the black stained glass and cobwebs are obviously hand-placed
•parts of the map look very world edited such as the spherical island
•i dont exactly know how many volcanic maps there are, but i think you could go with another theme. we already have world at war and my skywars map and i actually think an scbb that is EXACTLY like this one!

i do not really like the map and would like iiJam to review it before you make a lot of these changes..

I won't make these changes until he reviews it.

1. Ok.
2. I have to add some spaces for people to jump on other than the volcano, and is jumping about 10 meters straight up very realistic.
3. Ok.
4. I could take those out.
5. It's Minecraft, it should be square-ish,
6. It will remove that, and it isn't my head.
7. I will try and change that.
8. What is wrong with hand placed lava?
9. What's wrong with hand placed blocks?
10. I can make that more jagged.
11. Do you have any suggestions for a different theme?

MC_ProYT

Trusted Member
I won't make these changes until he reviews it.

1. Ok.
2. I have to add some spaces for people to jump on other than the volcano, and is jumping about 10 meters straight up very realistic.
3. Ok.
4. I could take those out.
5. It's Minecraft, it should be square-ish,
6. It will remove that, and it isn't my head.
7. I will try and change that.
8. What is wrong with hand placed lava?
9. What's wrong with hand placed blocks?
10. I can make that more jagged.
11. Do you have any suggestions for a different theme?
2. please do that!
4. you dont have to remove them, but u could use a different head that blends in more
5. i dont mean the blocks square-ish! i mean that some of the blocks are placed in squares
6. lel
8. i dont think that jam could add floating lava in the map.. if it were the real map and the lava actually spread out like it usually does, the map would look terrible, for it would look like it was greifed or something!
9. hand placed blocks are amazing, but only if you do it right. hand placed blocks are sometimes hard to do if you are just starting out
11. i definitely do, BUT they are for me! any suggestion i come up with, will be mine! i do not share my suggestions until i post them to forums or to my stupid friends that cant build or if someone wants to help me work on a map! sorry, but try to ind ideas yourself :I

iiJam

Retired HHG Build Team Leader
The shape of the volcano looks a bit strange to me.
I appreciate the use of cobble slabs, makes the terraforming look smoother.
The walls inside of the cave in the volcano looks too rough.
And without even looking for them, I found a mistake in the map @ /tploc 612 73 -6001 You can see outside of the map, and I don't play SCBB and don't know if some kits have enderpearls, but if they do, this could ruin the map.
As Trenly said, there is an overwhelming amount of water and lava that could very easily slow people down or kill them.
I like that you tried to incorporate heads into the build, but unfortunately the outcome wasn't so great. They're a bit badly placed in my opinion.
And although it adds some some more ground to the map, i'm not a fan of the tunnel systems inside the volcano (I only discovered them from doing //thru, people could really abuse these spots and camp.
So I am sorry to say, but this map has been declined.