• We are now in Discord! Join our community discord for latest server news and more! You will also get a FREE RARE TREASURE when successfully linking your account! Join now, click here!

Senzies' speech for Helperv2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Senzies

Hello everybody! Today I would to explain my reasoning for the first speech, point out a couple more things I would do as Helper, and respond to a couple of concerns from the last speech I had. I would to like to apologize for being late. I was in a the hospital due to personal related injuries.
One more thing, if you have any questions about anything in this post, please either leave a comment or private message me. I will get back to you as soon as possible with answers. Preferably a message so I can answer your questions in a more professional manner while avoiding my post "getting out of hand", as some of you were concerned about.

Jumping right in, the explanation of reasoning for my speech is simple. I simply wanted to point out some issues on the server, explain the best reasoning of action for me completing them, while boosting confidence and moral. Whether or not you think that I completed this task effectively is simply your opinion. Some people pointed out that public opinion of yourself doesn't matter and that the speech won't help me become Helper.
I do thank those people for trying to help me, however I had zero intention to have my speech "help me to become a Helper".

Moving on to concerns about my speech. Some people felt that it was "unnecessary" or that I was "Trying too hard". I think that I was even awarded the "Biggest Tryhard" award I'm not sure if they're using the derogatory definition of Tryhard or the actual one, but I do accept your "award".

I made a point about the "Respect Everybody" rule and how I was tired of seeing players and staff members getting disrespected. To which you guys replied with basically saying "If they feel disrespected, they'll report it to the forums or take appropriate action if they're a staff member". Also, "If you see someone being disrespected, make sure to report them to the forums".
I see where you're coming from, but the act to disrespect somebody is different than feeling disrespected. I explained that I would take action IF they are being disrespected, not "if they feel like they're being disrespected". Rules should be applied on the action; not the personal opinion. I 100% agree about reporting them to the forums, but I was simply explaining what I would do if given staff postilion.

Moving on to the "social experiment" that I do. To quickly explain it, It started out as a school project turned into personal knowledge. The project was to find out anger levels of people from a number of different sources. By these "sources" I of course mean background. I tested all different types of people to find out what backgrounds effect how angry/how quickly they get angry. by testing in categories such as: race, nationality, hobbies (such as gaming), lifestyle, intelligence, age, political views, etc. Each of these categories has a section of options to define the background of the person. Then decide what factors effect anger.
This, of course, is oversimplified, but people think that because I do this on HHG, I shouldn't be staff member.
I would like to say that what I do is nothing against the rules. I even had a Moderator watch what I was doing and say "He's doing nothing wrong". Therefore, this SHOULD NOT effect me at all.

Anyways guys, I'm going to cut this short. If you have any questions, please feel free to ask me. Via message or PM (preferably). I hope you guys have a beautiful day.

#SENZIESFORSTAFF

Attachments

• sign.gif
    sign.gif
    6.3 KB · Views: 203

AppleGlacier

Retired Staff
I agree with everything said here, although the thing with the anger experiment. I think that wouldn't exactly be the best. I myself help out a lot of people with personal problems. Although, from what I have seen in people (I have talked to many many people not just on HHGN) is that if you are just testing peoples anger and leaving them and stuff that could potentially be damaging. (Correct me if I am wrong on that) I just generally disagree with experiments about that. Because people vary differently and even with a lot of different people I still would say it's incorrect as no one person I have met is even really mildly the same with anger. I think the best way is to just get to know the person and help them in anyway you can.

Senzies

I agree with everything said here, although the thing with the anger experiment. I think that wouldn't exactly be the best. I myself help out a lot of people with personal problems. Although, from what I have seen in people (I have talked to many many people not just on HHGN) is that if you are just testing peoples anger and leaving them and stuff that could potentially be damaging. (Correct me if I am wrong on that) I just generally disagree with experiments about that. Because people vary differently and even with a lot of different people I still would say it's incorrect as no one person I have met is even really mildly the same with anger. I think the best way is to just get to know the person and help them in anyway you can.

Thank you for your comment. I too share the concern about people, that's why the way I test anger is designed to be non-damaging to the individual. To explain, I test repetitive anger; not personal anger. I use myself as the control. Therefore, if you "get rid" of me, metaphorically speaking, then the anger of the person will disappear. This will lead to no personal damage.
I test the level of anger and the extended time of the level. I know that people change as a person when they're angry, but i'm testing the actual anger.

EDIT: Grammar

mat

Please note that making threads like this, does not help you in becoming a helper, will not benefit you in anyway and more so making threads like this doesn't give you the greatest reputation in a sense. Obviously, you know that this doesn't benefit you as you've been told before.

Just stop making pointless threads like this.

Senzies

Please note that making threads like this, does not help you in becoming a helper, will not benefit you in anyway and more so making threads like this doesn't give you the greatest reputation in a sense. Obviously, you know that this doesn't benefit you as you've been told before.

Just stop making pointless threads like this.
Yes, i've said in the post that the intention was not to benefit be in any way and that public opinion doesn't matter.
Thank you for your feedback.

mat

Yes, i've said in the post that the intention was not to benefit be in any way and that public opinion doesn't matter.
Thank you for your feedback.
My comment was not intended as feedback, I'm just saying stop making pointless threads.

Tuut

Trusted Member
AND WAIT I JUST SAY THE PIC YOU ATTACHED.
LOL what is this an election? Get outta here with that omg xD

Reactions: mat

Viperstrike

Trusted Member
I think Trenly and Viperstrike might have another contender!
Well this might be on the news. Cough* Cough*

Viper here with some more breaking news. With the up and coming news. There is a new tryhard in town and his name is Senzies. Yah folks that is right there is a 3 HHGN tryhard. Come congratulate the new tryhard on this thread. And on the other news. When is factions coming out? That is still the question. For the month. Now back to KillerJamStar with the weather.

Status
Not open for further replies.