• We are now in Discord! Join our community discord for latest server news and more! You will also get a FREE RARE TREASURE when successfully linking your account! Join now, click here!
  • This portion of the forum has moved to Discord!

Global PVP Tournament

Should a tournament be made?

• Yes

Votes: 9 52.9%
  • No

Votes: 8 47.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

PenguinPeople

I propose that we create a tournament for all pvp gamemodes for players in the top 50 for each gamemode. Since it is the holiday season most eligible players will be in town to be able to participate. If the staff gets in on the tournament prizes can be given to the placing players. I believe this tournament will increase pvp gameplay and the activity on the server. It can even be streamed.

Viperstrike

Trusted Member
well . . . theres an sg tourney that we are waiting on, theres an x-run tourney sometime after that. . . I think those should come first, since they were suggested first and accepted first
Agreed, they should come first and adding on to what Trenly said you also have factions and arcade coming.

PenguinPeople

Agreed, they should come first and adding on to what Trenly said you also have factions and arcade coming.
I'm not saying this should come before the other tournament, I didn't know about it. But I do believe adding factions won't solve any of the problems this server has with player numbers. Almost every other server already has a well established factions section, so why would people leave those in order to play this one? We should focus on things that are unique to this server.

Viperstrike

Trusted Member
I'm not saying this should come before the other tournament, I didn't know about it. But I do believe adding factions won't solve any of the problems this server has with player numbers. Almost every other server already has a well established factions section, so why would people leave those in order to play this one? We should focus on things that are unique to this server.
Look at the factions sneak peak and see what you find Bc it is all unique. *Facepalm*

Fu3rza

I don't think there should be a PVP tournament , some might not even want to participate and there are like 3 pvp gamemodes usually played, soup pvp, skywars and Sg.

XV_Scorpion_VX

Retired Staff
well . . . theres an sg tourney that we are waiting on, theres an x-run tourney sometime after that. . . I think those should come first, since they were suggested first and accepted first
I don't think they were suggested first Trenly. I suggested a pvp tournament (In great detail, made quite a big thread about it) months ago, over half a year, which I'm pretty sure is longer than the SG tournament suggestion and 100% sure it's longer than the xrun tournament. Buuut then again back then I had problems with Zainos so there was no way I would get that accepted. Oh yeah and here's the link to it http://www.happy-hg.com/forum/threads/1v1-tournaments.14002/#post-74050

Trenly

Admin
Admin
I don't think they were suggested first Trenly. I suggested a pvp tournament (In great detail, made quite a big thread about it) months ago, over half a year, which I'm pretty sure is longer than the SG tournament suggestion and 100% sure it's longer than the xrun tournament. Buuut then again back then I had problems with Zainos so there was no way I would get that accepted. Oh yeah and here's the link to it http://www.happy-hg.com/forum/threads/1v1-tournaments.14002/#post-74050
Actually, the SG tournament WAS suggested first even if only by a few days. http://www.happy-hg.com/forum/threads/sg-tournoments.13791/

SAFollis

Trusted Member
Look at the factions sneak peak and see what you find Bc it is all unique. *Facepalm*
Technically it isn't unique. Even though it has "custom bosses and battles," it has been done before, just not with those exact bosses etc.

A long time ago I remember seeing this one thing with custom ores and mobs etc. without any mods (no new textures, however)

me32305

lmao... people are going to leave all of their stuff behind because it's "unique" there is no such things has a unique factions server. There are millions of faction servers. He's right in saying that a tournament would probably be more popular than factions. *Facepalm*

EDIT - Forgot to add my input on the tournament suggestion. Like trenly said there have been multiple other tournament suggestions which should come first, but let's be honest... are they ever going to happen? They've probably been forgotten about or the staff are to lazy to do. Really a pvp tournament is just going to add on to a huge list of stuff to do.

EL3CTR1C

Retired Staff
Wouldn't approve of a KitPVP tournament if I had a say in it.

Too many players Hack and abuse Minecraft in anyway they possibly can. Honestly, I'd think players would need to be approved of in advance before they could enter such a tournament.

Status
Not open for further replies.