• We are now in Discord! Join our community discord for latest server news and more! You will also get a FREE RARE TREASURE when successfully linking your account! Join now, click here!
  • This portion of the forum has moved to Discord!

Skywars I believe this can make skywars more enjoyable:

iiDad_

OK, so recently, every time I have tried to play skywars, there is one guy that skybases super high and forces me to have to go all the way up to try and kill him, (which takes years,) and then when I finally get up there, he bows me off or eggs me off, to help solve the skybases in skywars; I feel like there should be a build limit you can go up to which will stop the campers that make skywars unplayable. I have no idea what the build limit should be but i really hope there will be one in the near future. Many thanks - JustRelaxing. <3

_Smokescreen_

Retired Staff
Ya know, I was thinking of reducing the amount of blocks you get in the chests, and that way it would be a bit more fair instead of reducing the build limit. What do you think?

PenguinPeople

reducing the blocks would make it hard to get to the center island. maybe have an world border that gets closer and closer to the center forcing people inland.

iiDad_

Ya know, I was thinking of reducing the amount of blocks you get in the chests, and that way it would be a bit more fair instead of reducing the build limit. What do you think?
Oh Yeah, this would work perfectly as well: as then there would't be enough blocks to skybase! Great idea. cant wait to see it. :D

iiDad_

reducing the blocks would make it hard to get to the center island. maybe have an world border that gets closer and closer to the center forcing people inland.
Yep, i like this idea too, if the border reduces then the campers are forced to move, i like it. :D

Trenly

Admin
Admin
I think skybases are actually pretty easy to beat, since they tend to have very little pvp skill. If you make a path 2 or 3 blocks wide, it is very difficult for them to bow, egg, or snowball you off. Adding a 1 block high wall makes it even more difficult. Its usually easy enough to either bow them to death or build to their island and then up to pvp them imo. They are a part of skywars and I rarely see them win.

cStella

Retired Staff
I don't think reducing the amount of blocks will help because players still need a good amount of blocks to build up to reach the skybaser.
Skybasers typically like to camp and just keep knocking you down as you try to reach them. Therefore, you will still need to have a good amount of blocks to keep rebuilding back up to them again.

I like the idea of the glass ceiling being lowered. Still lets the players who like to camp and skybase do their thing, but it's not as obnoxious and rage inducing to the other players who feel these people should instead go to Creative to build their houses in the sky :)

iiDad_

I think skybases are actually pretty easy to beat, since they tend to have very little pvp skill. If you make a path 2 or 3 blocks wide, it is very difficult for them to bow, egg, or snowball you off. Adding a 1 block high wall makes it even more difficult. Its usually easy enough to either bow them to death or build to their island and then up to pvp them imo. They are a part of skywars and I rarely see them win.
I see what you mean yet you have to admit it is obnoxious and boring to go through the hassle of all that, yet it is very possible.

iiDad_

I don't think reducing the amount of blocks will help because players still need a good amount of blocks to build up to reach the skybaser.
Skybasers typically like to camp and just keep knocking you down as you try to reach them. Therefore, you will still need to have a good amount of blocks to keep rebuilding back up to them again.

I like the idea of the glass ceiling being lowered. Still lets the players who like to camp and skybase do their thing, but it's not as obnoxious and rage inducing to the other players who feel these people should instead go to Creative to build their houses in the sky :)
100%

Agent

If you reduce the height of the ceiling then you need to reduce the max height that bows can shoot so there is a reasonable way to bridge against bow spammers. Sometimes going up and over is the best way to beat them.

I agree that people who park themselves with no other strategy besides sitting there in the sky are obnoxious, but they are usually pretty easy to beat.

_Bach_

Retired Staff
Heres an interesting idea: raise all of the maps to 220 blocks or so. With Minecraft having a build limit at 255, it will limit the amount players can build up. Now they can fall down for a while, but that may be better than up.

The block amount in chests shouldnt change as others have noted as on larger maps you need them to get places.

Another option might be to paste a big barrier circle in the sky above the map. Might work well too. Idk

Tesel

Skybases aren't a large issue in skywars at all, just an easily countered playstyle. Any of these changes would do far more harm than good. I find campers who spam projectiles to be a huge issue - the only counter to that is to build above them and over, and adding a height limit would stop this type of bridging. Perhaps skybases are a problem when fall damage is enabled, but with disabled fall damage it's more important to be able to build up and avoid bow spammers.

EDIT: I didn't mean this to sound harsh, and I understand this looked a little dismissive. The reason I say this is that campers are going to be a problem no matter what - you're not going to easily attack them regardless of if they're in a skybase or not. Having lots of blocks and being able to bridge makes it more likely to kill a camper, and removing blocks from chests probably wouldn't have the effect you're looking for.

Last edited: