• We are now in Discord! Join our community discord for latest server news and more! You will also get a FREE RARE TREASURE when successfully linking your account! Join now, click here!

Help

EPICMATT88

Trusted Member
So guys, my Minecraft keeps crashing due to Java SE binary crashing... If there is any tech savvy people who could help me I would greatly appreciate it. I will gladly show screenshots of my crash screen if it will help. Until I get this fixed I will be retiring from the server. (So the sooner someone helps the sooner I'll be back!) thanks!

Edit: yes I have looked up ways of fixing it.

Zelistra

Trusted Member
I'm not good with computers but I have a Linux laptop which crashes everything and just crash itself all the time so I have a bit of experience with it. What os do you have?

Trenly

Admin
Admin
I had this issue as well. What you need to do is go to your appdata folder (type in %appdata% in the directory bar), and enter the .minecraft folder. Copy the folder named "saves", and the files servers.dat and options.dat. Save/paste that folder and 2 files somewhere safe (like the desktop). Delete the .minecraft folder, and them launch minecraft. You will have to log in again. After getting to the main menu, exit the game. Paste the files you copied earlier back into the .minecraft folder and hit "yes" to overwrite the new "saves" folder.

That worked for me, basically by resetting the version Jar. Maybe it will work for you

Zelistra

Trusted Member
I had this issue as well. What you need to do is go to your appdata folder (type in %appdata% in the directory bar), and enter the .minecraft folder. Copy the folder named "saves", and the files servers.dat and options.dat. Save/paste that folder and 2 files somewhere safe (like the desktop). Delete the .minecraft folder, and them launch minecraft. You will have to log in again. After getting to the main menu, exit the game. Paste the files you copied earlier back into the .minecraft folder and hit "yes" to overwrite the new "saves" folder.

That worked for me, basically by resetting the version Jar. Maybe it will work for you
Nu remember to copy the "screenshots" folder too before you delete .minecraft xd only if you don't wanna lose your screenies...

EPICMATT88

Trusted Member

I'll make sure to try this. Thanks

EPICMATT88

Trusted Member

Just for clarification you copy then paste saves, servers.dat, and options.dat in desktop along with no other folders?

EPICMATT88

Trusted Member

Also if you delete the .minecraft folder how r u able to put it back into it again???

EPICMATT88

Trusted Member
It's saying I may not delete the Minecraft folder due to "the folder or file in it is open in another program" is this because the files I copied and pasted onto desktop???

Trenly

Admin
Admin
It's saying I may not delete the Minecraft folder due to "the folder or file in it is open in another program" is this because the files I copied and pasted onto desktop???
No, its cause some version of it is ipen somewhere. Restarting the computer should work