• We are now in Discord! Join our community discord for latest server news and more! You will also get a FREE RARE TREASURE when successfully linking your account! Join now, click here!
  • This portion of the forum has moved to Discord!

Fixed Barrier Ban Abuse

Omnisent

Trusted Member
IGN: QuaticFroggy
When I discovered it: Today, not that long ago
Explain: Using /tool or //set you can make barriers

SAFollis

Trusted Member
/execute @a ~ ~ ~ fill ~-5 ~-5 ~-5 ~5 ~5 ~5 air 0 replace barrier

All barrier blocks near someone disappear :D

Omnisent

Trusted Member
So if you have a redstone clock repeating that command maybe it would make sure no-one places barriers...? Nice thinking. Love it.

Zainos

Owner, Founder and Lead Developer
Owner
Staff Manager
Why do u need to remove barriers? In creative mode while holding a barrier in hand, you can see the barriers, so it's like a normal block, there's no need to remove them

imtotallychris

Retired Staff
Why do u need to remove barriers? In creative mode while holding a barrier in hand, you can see the barriers, so it's like a normal block, there's no need to remove them
The only way to properly get barriers is via /give (Builders+ command). In my perspective it can cause multiple counts of trolling (which is against our server rules).

Omnisent

Trusted Member
The only way to properly get barriers is via /give (Builders+ command). In my perspective it can cause multiple counts of trolling (which is against our server rules).
Actually using World Edit (Mockingjay +) to set barriers you can use the pick block tool using a mouse to get it, but the item is banned.

Omnisent

Trusted Member
Why are barrier blocks even necessary in creative for mocking jays?
Mockingjays have multiple reasons to use it.
1. For HG, for the outside of the arena can be blocked off.
2. Trolling. A reason it is banned.
3. Mazes. It would be hard.
4. Other things, like aquariums, zoos, etc.

Zainos

Owner, Founder and Lead Developer
Owner
Staff Manager
You are right, I also banned them in world edit for security. No more barriers :D