• Note: We are accepting any kind of map. However, we are specifically looking for Jigsaw Levels and Parkour maps. Therefore, your arena may have a higher chance to be accepted if it's for once of those game-modes, as long as it meets our Map Criteria.
  • We are now in Discord! Join our community discord for latest server news and more! You will also get a FREE RARE TREASURE when successfully linking your account! Join now, click here!

Declined Underground Parkour

joexxx6

Name: Underground parkour
Difficulty: Easy
Length: Short
Checkpoints: 0

Visit the parkour at /p v Pandanem 10

Attachments

• 2019-05-29_14.53.04.png
    2019-05-29_14.53.04.png
    329.2 KB · Views: 358
  • 2019-05-29_14.53.27.png
    2019-05-29_14.53.27.png
    310.2 KB · Views: 342
  • 2019-05-29_14.54.03.png
    2019-05-29_14.54.03.png
    100.7 KB · Views: 350
  • 2019-05-29_14.54.09.png
    2019-05-29_14.54.09.png
    241.8 KB · Views: 433
  • 2019-05-29_14.54.24.png
    2019-05-29_14.54.24.png
    271.5 KB · Views: 387

xoSammy

Build Team Leader
Build Team Leader
Just went to look at the Map. Here are my thoughts and views about it:

1) Far too short, I just went through it and it took I'd say less than 1 min 30 secs. (Without speedrunning) Easy Parkours don't necessarily have to be short, take Nature Parkour as an example, although it's long and has 0 checkpoints, it's one of my favourites to go through because it's fun and easy.

2) I appreciate the effort with the black wool at the bottom to separate the top and bottom half of the 'cave'. Although both halves of the cave system are barely detailed, with just 1 block as a palette for each. The occasional coal block is seen but doesn't really blend a lot with the brown walls, maybe brown wool instead would be better (adding in another brown-ish block wouldn't hurt, either)
Same thing with the bottom half, throw in more block variations that blend with the black.

3) Looks way too similar to Grass Parkour, except it's brown. All of the claustrophobic and 'cartoon' like atmosphere reminds me a lot of it. Maybe making larger rooms and of course the block variations I stated above would help with that.

4) Don't exactly understand why the final room is yellow, orange and red considering the rest of the parkour is brown and black. Seems very random to me.

5) The walls through the cave system are extremely flat (same with the ceiling) some more terraforming for that would be nicer (if it was made bigger you'd have more space to do so)

Hope all of this helps, good luck with the Map. <3 :)

Trenly

Admin
Admin
Overall, I think Sampai's evaluation is fairly accurate.

My first thought when I went to the plot was that it was exactly like Grass parkour, with a different color scheme and a lot easier. As Sam mentioned, easy parkours don't have to be short. Longer parkours can still be easy, if the jumps and checkpoints are well thought out. I completely agree with him on the colors of the last room being a bit out of place, and that everything is extremely flat.

The only thing I would add to Sam's critique is that there are already multiple maps which are themed in an underground sort of theme. There is grass parkour, which is the most similar, and there is also Cave Parkour and Mystic mine. I'm sorry, but your map has been declined.