• We are now in Discord! Join our community discord for latest server news and more! You will also get a FREE RARE TREASURE when successfully linking your account! Join now, click here!

Staff

PenguinPeople

With the large number of staff leaving lately I have noticed that we have a severe lack of staff online at any given time. The only existing mod left is Smoke, and the only active helpers are Acromatics and MineJam. While the other "helpers" have on average less than 30 messages and haven't been on the forums as far back as February.
Since one of the biggest complaints on the forums has been lack of staff online, I was wondering if we are going to fix this problem by either removing staff that aren't online or create new staff members. Smoke, Acromatics and MineJam do great work, but they are only 3 people.

Viperstrike

Trusted Member
Last time I checked _Smokescreen_ is a admin not a mod, the staff are active they might just not be on when you are, staff don’t have to comment on every thing that happens on forums, the might just check, and the amount of players compared to the staff is a ok ratio, also many many many many posts, threads, conversations have been about this, and it has been explained a ton.

_Smokescreen_

Retired Staff
A few staff are busy in real life and will be back soon. In about at least a week when their exams finish and what-not.

PenguinPeople

Last time I checked _Smokescreen_ is a admin not a mod, the staff are active they might just not be on when you are, staff don’t have to comment on every thing that happens on forums, the might just check, and the amount of players compared to the staff is a ok ratio, also many many many many posts, threads, conversations have been about this, and it has been explained a ton.
I agree staff don't have to comment on everything, but there are staff members who haven't even looked at the forums since February. And if staff really are too busy with work and school or anything why hire those people? Why not get new staff that can be more active at the time. And hire back the old staff once they are no longer busy

Trenly

Admin
Admin
I agree staff don't have to comment on everything, but there are staff members who haven't even looked at the forums since February. And if staff really are too busy with work and school or anything why hire those people? Why not get new staff that can be more active at the time. And hire back the old staff once they are no longer busy
Not every staff member wants to come back once they leave. In fact, I would guess a good portion of them don't want to. If you look at the staff, there have been some who were staff twice. There are also some who were only staff once. The staff are not required to be active on forums, so using that as an argument that staff are inactive is really misleading and also has no value. The lives of people change, so even though a member may not be busy when they first receive staff, they may get busy later on just like everyone does.

q3hardcore

Retired Staff
So what if staff aren't often on? Players should make more of an effort to gather evidence and report rulebreakers. I'm sure the server would benefit from having a greater number of active staff members however.

xoSammy

Build Team Leader
Build Team Leader
-=+=-
I have to say, it is annoying seeing a hacker and typing /staff to see no one. It's just annoying when you don't have any screen recorders to gather evidence for a player report.
Also, some people may not be allowed to make a Forums account as their parents may not want them to or ban them from talking to online players (some people just play on the Server without talking to anyone because they're not allowed).
Throughout the majority of the day (I live in the UK) the only Staff Member I see on is _Smokescreen_. It's a very rare moment when I see any other Staff Member on such as the Helpers, and I'm pretty sure there are no Mods now as most of the Staff are new or experienced like _Smokescreen_.
The Server would be a much better place with more active Staff to keep it that way, Smokescreen does a tremendous job as he's the only Staff I ever really see on, I just wish that there were more Staff who are able to spend their time looking after the Happy Hunger Games Server.
-=+=-

PenguinPeople

So what if staff aren't often on? Players should make more of an effort to gather evidence and report rulebreakers. I'm sure the server would benefit from having a greater number of active staff members however.
Besides you answering your own question, the players should not be responsible for other players hacking or breaking rules. Many are unable to gather evidence properly, or post on the forums as stated earlier. Yes it is nice when players help out, but at the end of the day it isn't their responsibility, it is the people who signed up to help the server. So yes it is a problem when staff aren't on.

Shadow_Squadron

Retired Staff
Not every staff member wants to come back once they leave. In fact, I would guess a good portion of them don't want to. If you look at the staff, there have been some who were staff twice. There are also some who were only staff once. The staff are not required to be active on forums, so using that as an argument that staff are inactive is really misleading and also has no value. The lives of people change, so even though a member may not be busy when they first receive staff, they may get busy later on just like everyone does.

Yeah, I agree with this. Most staff don't normally have an intention to come back hence why they leave in the first place. There have been exceptions where staff do return after they had to go for a break and decided to step down from their position within that time. I myself came back to staff a couple of times I can't actually remember how many times. _Smokescreen_ might know XD

_Smokescreen_

Retired Staff
Yeah, I agree with this. Most staff don't normally have an intention to come back hence why they leave in the first place. There have been exceptions where staff do return after they had to go for a break and decided to step down from their position within that time. I myself came back to staff a couple of times I can't actually remember how many times. _Smokescreen_ might know XD
twice? xD i think so

Trenly

Admin
Admin
You were helper, then left, then cane back as helper and got mod, then left, then came back as mod (i think). Does that sound right?

Trenly

Admin
Admin
... it is the people who signed up to help the server. So yes it is a problem when staff aren't on.
Well the people who signed up for it are doing it voluntarily, to make your time on the server more enjoyable. They do not get paid, and do it simply because they want to. As mentioned earlier, staff have their own lives and may even live in different time zones than you. Their daily schedule is almost definitely different than yours, so just because there are none on when you are on doesn't mean that they aren't active.

Also, to be staff you have to be able to gather evidence; according to you "Many are unable to gather evidence properly". If they can't post on forums because their parents won't let them then it is also likely that they don't have skype, since skype is way more personal than a forum account. So that removes the players who you say cant report from the people eligible for staff. Now take out anyone who is too young for staff. Thats a pretty small crowd who could even POSSIBLY become staff. Then factor in if they want to or not, if they are mature enough, and other things.

PenguinPeople

Well the people who signed up for it are doing it voluntarily, to make your time on the server more enjoyable. They do not get paid, and do it simply because they want to. As mentioned earlier, staff have their own lives and may even live in different time zones than you. Their daily schedule is almost definitely different than yours, so just because there are none on when you are on doesn't mean that they aren't active.
Yes it is voluntary but that doesn't resolve them of fault. If I volunteered to work at a soup kitchen and then started to not show up I wouldn't be allowed to volunteer there anymore. The spot I had would then be given to someone who can show up consistently, and maybe after I get on a more consistent schedule I could have my old position back. Yes I get that staff are people too and get busy just like anyone else, but if they are not active during peak times then there really is no point. Only the previously mentioned staff members are consistently on, and they do a great job.

So because there are many forums that complain about the lack of staff present at any given time, that leads to the conclusion that
A) we don't have enough staff or
B) some of the staff we do have are not as active as they should be.
personally I think it is a little bit of both, but those are both relatively easy fixes. Such as hiring more staff/ becoming less selective if the pool choice is so small, and having a certain amount of hours the staff needs to be on per week.