• We are now in Discord! Join our community discord for latest server news and more! You will also get a FREE RARE TREASURE when successfully linking your account! Join now, click here!
  • This portion of the forum has moved to Discord!

Global Server IP's - Server Names. mc.happy-hg.com - Happy Hunger Games. Difference?

Status
Not open for further replies.

aesome_crafter

Because this is a server, not real life; making them equivalent for their 'environments'.

Plus, I'm comparing the difference, not the exact thing.
Ok, yes. I agree with you but (as I said at the end), what if you didn't realise there was a difference and in a pm ( which they should clearly state is being monitored) you say a server's ip. Instant permanent ban. I'm saying that it should not be a permanent ban but rather a temporary ban.

SAFollis

Trusted Member
Ok, yes. I agree with you but (as I said at the end), what if you didn't realise there was a difference and in a pm ( which they should clearly state is being monitored) you say a server's ip. Instant permanent ban. I'm saying that it should not be a permanent ban but rather a temporary ban.
But you're telling how to get somewhere else, which means they spend less time on hhg and might switch, and then the chance of getting a donator goes away, meaning less money, and the one person might do it again causing it to happen again. In the end it could mean the loss of money and hhg not being able to stay up as long otherwise.

aesome_crafter

But you're telling how to get somewhere else, which means they spend less time on hhg and might switch, and then the chance of getting a donator goes away, meaning less money, and the one person might do it again causing it to happen again. In the end it could mean the loss of money and hhg not being able to stay up as long otherwise.
But if they did it once and got temp banned, if they do it again, it gets worse etc. Say he gets one chance, only a max of 2 people get advertised to, resulting in less people being advertised to etc. Also, if there are tons of people accidentally making that mistake, the same problem would happen.

iiDoozie

Either way... IP or Name, it is still considered advertising another server, which, if you look at the server rules, it states that is not allowed. If someone tells me the name of a server instead of the IP, I could easily go look up the server, and get the IP. So really, there is no difference, just one is easier than the other. Therefore saying, a ban for the IP is fair, and a mute for a name is fair. This is because when you are listing an IP, it's highly likely you are wanting people to join that server. But by just saying the name, it's more subtle and you don't really have any intentions of taking HHGN players.

aesome_crafter

Either way... IP or Name, it is still considered advertising another server, which, if you look at the server rules, it states that is not allowed. If someone tells me the name of a server instead of the IP, I could easily go look up the server, and get the IP. So really, there is no difference, just one is easier than the other. Therefore saying, a ban for the IP is fair, and a mute for a name is fair. This is because when you are listing an IP, it's highly likely you are wanting people to join that server. But by just saying the name, it's more subtle and you don't really have any intentions of taking HHGN players.
But if you don't have any bad intentions and say an ip, it results in a permanent ban. Also, people hardly remember ip's while server names are easier. In my first statement remember, they had no evil intentions. I feel that they should at least put that in consideration when they see that happen.

MC_ProYT

Trusted Member
But if you don't have any bad intentions and say an ip, it results in a permanent ban. Also, people hardly remember ip's while server names are easier. In my first statement remember, they had no evil intentions. I feel that they should at least put that in consideration when they see that happen.
BUT WHY WOULD U ACCIDENTALLY SAY AN IP?? Whoops! Accidentally said the IP! Why am I banned? It's accidental! I didn't mean to! Dude. Its a good rule. Why would u msg some1 saying an IP to another server. ITS FAIR!! If you forgot to put a space and said something like this: "hi.mynameismc-proyt.howareyou" then its going to be an unfair ban and u can make a ban dispute. But if you said an actual IP, than you will be banned.
imgres-2.png

Tuut

Trusted Member
Do you start arguments because you have nothing else to do orrrrrr?

_Smokescreen_

Retired Staff
The rules are more than likely staying how they are unless Zainos decides to change them. People have made valid points here on why saying the IP is a perm ban and why saying the server name or a URL for example too which cannot be posted in chat and is blocked, is a mute.

Trenly

Admin
Admin
The rules are more than likely staying how they are unless Zainos decides to change them. People have made valid points here on why saying the IP is a perm ban and why saying the server name or a URL for example too which cannot be posted in chat and is blocked, is a mute.
I know im going off topic, but can you fix the title of the thread? The misspelling irks me.

Kuiah

This is an example, something I've seen over me joining, "Hey wanna go to B#$L*9n" you should know what that is. So, all people have to do is take a ss... then muted..?

SAFollis

Trusted Member
Do you start arguments because you have nothing else to do orrrrrr?
How is it starting an argument? I am just saying why it shouldn't be like that and he's responding and I'm responding to his responses, which I guess can be said as an argument, but I was just leaving why I think it should be a no.

Maybe... you're trying to start an argument?

Last edited:

Kuiah

How is it starting an argument? I am just saying why it shouldn't be like that and he's responding and I'm responding to his responses, which I guess can be said as an argument, but I was just leaving why I think it should be a no.

Maybe... you're trying to start an argument?
Questions that will never be answered :O
Smoke lock zTopic it's gone "off topic" lelelellelel

Status
Not open for further replies.