• Note: We are accepting any kind of map. However, we are specifically looking for Jigsaw Levels and Parkour maps. Therefore, your arena may have a higher chance to be accepted if it's for once of those game-modes, as long as it meets our Map Criteria.
  • We are now in Discord! Join our community discord for latest server news and more! You will also get a FREE RARE TREASURE when successfully linking your account! Join now, click here!

SCBB MiniatureVillage - By Team Technic

joexxx6

This is Team Technic's first SCBB map. Hope you enjoy it! :)

Built by: Team Technic

Builder: shonk.

Redesigned for SCBB by: TheSpeedyTurtle_

Found at: /p v shonk 18

2017-07-07_17.41.57.png
2017-07-07_17.42.09.png
2017-07-07_17.42.27.png
2017-07-07_17.43.12.png
2017-07-07_17.43.19.png
2017-07-07_17.43.22.png
2017-07-07_20.16.17.png

Note: Rounded off edges for border and void will be added if this map gets accepted.

Thanks for taking your time to review this map.

-TheSpeedyTurtle_ - Owner of Team Technic

xoSammy

Build Team Leader
Build Team Leader
~=+=~
I do like the trees on this Map. They fit the theme of the Map quite well (although the map doesn't exactly have a theme, they still fit in well)

Some things I don't like about it though:
- The buildings are quite bland and boring to look at. I understand players will be focusing on PvP more than the buildings, but there isn't much depth in the walls. (That's a problem I've had to improve on in the past, it really helps though)
- All SCBB Maps are meant to be in the sky so even if this was accepted then the bottom of the island has to have terraforming AND there are meant to be places that players can fall into the void.
- The block palette used for the ground isn't very "exciting". Sometimes it is nice to go back to plain and simple but right now the ground is extremely flat and nothing much is happening.
- The well in the middle isn't very "grand". Maybe a fountain or a statue would be better.
- The little stone shack is kinda pointless, I'd suggest to either improve that so it doesn't look like it took 10 seconds to build or replace it with something else (or just leave it for open space)

I hope that some of these points help with this Map. If not, I tried my best. =>
~=+=~

EPICMATT88

Trusted Member
Its a good map idea but I feel that it can be done better in execution. Although I do like the custom trees and the vaulted roofs of the buildings, I also think the oak logs facing many directions looks rushed not to mention the oak wood doesn't really pop out with the spruce planks in the first place (I recommend using dark oak or maybe spruce logs). Not to mention that there is basically nowhere to get knocked off and the water... won't fit in a SCBB map (it would just be floating off the edge).

Still, good luck with your map.
-EPICMATT

joexxx6

~=+=~
I do like the trees on this Map. They fit the theme of the Map quite well (although the map doesn't exactly have a theme, they still fit in well)

Some things I don't like about it though:
- The buildings are quite bland and boring to look at. I understand players will be focusing on PvP more than the buildings, but there isn't much depth in the walls. (That's a problem I've had to improve on in the past, it really helps though)
- All SCBB Maps are meant to be in the sky so even if this was accepted then the bottom of the island has to have terraforming AND there are meant to be places that players can fall into the void.
- The block palette used for the ground isn't very "exciting". Sometimes it is nice to go back to plain and simple but right now the ground is extremely flat and nothing much is happening.

I hope that some of these points help with this Map. If not, I tried my best. =>
~=+=~

As I stated earlier we will be adding a border but I'll see if I can add more places to fall, but at the moment they will only be one block deep as we haven't added the void yet and will only be doing that if the map is accepted. I could show and example of terraforming on my plot that we would add to the bottom of the build when the void is taken away. I will think about a new palette but I have to speak to the builder about this. Thanks for your feedback!:)

Trenly

Admin
Admin
This map has some highlights and some issues. Overall, I like that you used custom trees. Some of them seem a bit wonky, but I think it adds to the feel and character of the map especially since trees rarely like to grow perfectly in real life. The ground is entirely flat though, aside from the border and a few small hills. The fish in the lake are a nice detail, but they seem to be at odd angles. The houses have a lot of connected textures, and seem a bit flat. The main house is plenty large enough that there could have been an interior rather than been blocked with coal blocks. As it is, there are really no places for people to be hit off except around the border. Rather than blocking the mine with barriers, you could have made it into an area where people could have been knocked off.

In some areas there is a lot of detail, such as the minecart near the mine. In others there is not any detail, such as the well. Im sorry, but your map has been declined.

joexxx6

This map has some highlights and some issues. Overall, I like that you used custom trees. Some of them seem a bit wonky, but I think it adds to the feel and character of the map especially since trees rarely like to grow perfectly in real life. The ground is entirely flat though, aside from the border and a few small hills. The fish in the lake are a nice detail, but they seem to be at odd angles. The houses have a lot of connected textures, and seem a bit flat. The main house is plenty large enough that there could have been an interior rather than been blocked with coal blocks. As it is, there are really no places for people to be hit off except around the border. Rather than blocking the mine with barriers, you could have made it into an area where people could have been knocked off.

In some areas there is a lot of detail, such as the minecart near the mine. In others there is not any detail, such as the well. Im sorry, but your map has been declined.

Ok, we'll try and improve it and see if you like it after all the adjustments we will make.

Trenly

Admin
Admin
I looked at the revisions and while it is better, I still do not believe it to be finished. Here is why. . .

The well in the middle looks odd sitting on the edge of the canyon. The canyon is really narrow and doesnt look natural. There is no bottoms to the islands, they are completely flat. If you look at /p v SamThePugMC 8 they had an underside to their island which adds detail and shows that you thought about all aspects of the map. The terrain is still mostly flat. If you look at /p v AndBrennen 13 he has larger areas where it is a block or two up or down. That makes it more interesting to play on and makes detailing a bit easier, since then you can add slabs as stairs along a path. The farm is just many squares put together, and looks unnatural. The sides of the houses are just flat on the ends.

I do like that there is an interior to the buildings now, but I think other parts of the map still need work. Im sorry, but your revision has been declined