• We are now in Discord! Join our community discord for latest server news and more! You will also get a FREE RARE TREASURE when successfully linking your account! Join now, click here!
  • This portion of the forum has moved to Discord!

Making the HG/SG better (less cheap)

I have a couple of strong opinions of minecraft servers, first of all, Crates... personally I think they look cheap. They are not "hack proof" in the sense that hackers cant Chest Find them, because they can. Having been Mod and Sr Mod on a couple of servers, i have a clear understanding of Hack Clients, and I tell you, Xray can track crates... this is because Xray will track and "Valuable" item and any items that are unusual to the client (therefore crates). I feel as though crates make the server look cheap ( not mentioning any servers) but thats just me, putting chests adds the "hunger games" feel to it, opening boxes with weapons and protection within them.

My second issue would be the unbelievable amount of ghosting i experience when playing on this server, I mean i can understand it may help against hackers, but its causing a problem to the ones who are trying to win- are chasing someone down- and all of a sudden, are stopped for 3 seconds+ because of some plugin that doesn't seem to be doing much of its job.

My third issue is the "blood" which, is the weakest (the point i care least about) which for some reason seems to add lag to the server and once again, makes it look cheap. However, i understand some people may like this, which is why i dont mind if it is not removed.

Another suggestion i have would be to lower the wait before the lobby starts to a game and lower the time for the game to start in the warmup.

And finally if possible make it so that you don't have to eat every other second!

Thanks <3 for reading, Lots of Love,
Dobby.

iamcrzzy

DobbyTheSlave said:
I have a couple of strong opinions of minecraft servers, first of all, Crates... personally I think they look cheap. They are not "hack proof" in the sense that hackers cant Chest Find them, because they can. Having been Mod and Sr Mod on a couple of servers, i have a clear understanding of Hack Clients, and I tell you, Xray can track crates... this is because Xray will track and "Valuable" item and any items that are unusual to the client (therefore crates). I feel as though crates make the server look cheap ( not mentioning any servers) but thats just me, putting chests adds the "hunger games" feel to it, opening boxes with weapons and protection within them.

My second issue would be the unbelievable amount of ghosting i experience when playing on this server, I mean i can understand it may help against hackers, but its causing a problem to the ones who are trying to win- are chasing someone down- and all of a sudden, are stopped for 3 seconds+ because of some plugin that doesn't seem to be doing much of its job.

My third issue is the "blood" which, is the weakest (the point i care least about) which for some reason seems to add lag to the server and once again, makes it look cheap. However, i understand some people may like this, which is why i dont mind if it is not removed.

Another suggestion i have would be to lower the wait before the lobby starts to a game and lower the time for the game to start in the warmup.

And finally if possible make it so that you don't have to eat every other second!

Dobby.
you can turn off the blood with either the lever or redstone torch in your inventory ( I don't know wihich as I haven't played hg/sg in a while) and I believe the wait time wil be shortened soon

Zainos

Owner, Founder and Lead Developer
Owner
Staff Manager
DobbyTheSlave said:

Dobby.
1- Sorry But most of the Survival Games Servers I know have chests and I think that the "Sponsors Supply" is more original and similar to the Hunger Games Movies feel than a chest.
2- I never experienced such "ghosting" thing and since I created the server, I have never received a report of someone saying that. Maybe you have a mod installed in your Minecraft Client that is confusing our anti-hack plugins or you have a bad connection to the server and you just lag out...
3- The blood doesn't lag the server in any mean. However, if its annoying for you, I'll add an option to disable it whilst you are in the lobby soon...
4- The time Has been Lowered to 120 seconds :) Enjoy!

whitedevil5000

I know. I think all of that makes the server less cheap.

And dude, I like, never get ANY server lag. Any lag I get is from my own computer. There are some servers where it's clearly a server lag, but this server never has lag. I think maybe once I did get a real bad lag from the servers side... but that was once.

Zainos

Owner, Founder and Lead Developer
Owner
Staff Manager
whitedevil5000 said:

And dude, I like, never get ANY server lag. Any lag I get is from my own computer. There are some servers where it's clearly a server lag, but this server never has lag. I think maybe once I did get a real bad lag from the servers side... but that was once.
Also, that "ghosting" that he mentions. I never had that, did u?

whitedevil5000

zainos said:
whitedevil5000 said:

Also, that "ghosting" that he mentions. I never had that, did u?
No, I haven't. Again, this server runs very well.

It may help to know what computer you have, Dobby. If you have a sucky one that may cause the issue.