• We are now in Discord! Join our community discord for latest server news and more! You will also get a FREE RARE TREASURE when successfully linking your account! Join now, click here!
  • This portion of the forum has moved to Discord!

Is it against the rules to do...

ItzJinx

IGN: _xAustin

Question - Is it against the rules to have autosprint and informative mods?
In the screenshot I took a picture of what the informative mod looks like and you already know what autosprint does. I read the rules x2 but I wanna confirm it's ok to use these.
The rules say "Please note that certain mods that provide simple visual enhancements and have no effect on Gameplay are allowed." But I haven't seen anything talking about an informative mod, the closest thing that does is:
  • OptiFine
  • Minimap Mods (Without Entity Radar)
  • Better Sprint (Some Better Sprint mods may include things such as FastEat or NoSlow, those are not allowed!)
Shaders Mods (Some shaders mods may reduce or remove the blindness effect, which is unfair in certain Gamemodes such as Hitman and KOTL. Therefore, these are not allowed!)

-But I still didn't see anything on the informative mod. But I have autosprint and it doesn't include NoSlow or FastEat so it's allowed right? And once again the informative mod only describes my XYZ, Time irl, Biome, and FPS (Original Vanilla F3 settings).

Please answer. (I don't wanna be a hacker lol) Zainos ElegantSilence

Screenshot - 2016-06-03_10.19.07.png

javathor

look at this website the Rules it says all of some that are allowed
http://www.happy-hg.com/rules/
  • OptiFine
  • Minimap Mods (Without Entity Radar)
  • Better Sprint (Some Better Sprint mods may include things such as FastEat or NoSlow, those are not allowed!)
  • Shaders Mods (Some shaders mods may reduce or remove the blindness effect, which is unfair in certain Gamemodes such as Hitman and KOTL. Therefore, these are not allowed!)
  • Too Many Items/Not Enough Items
Any other mod which hasn’t

ItzJinx

No i'm asking is the informative mod allowed because its just like the debug menu (F3) shows all the same things except time irl, which doesn't effect gameplay at all.

MissDark

Retired Staff
Well, I'd assume as long as it doesn't give you an advantage over other players, it's fine...

MC_ProYT

Trusted Member
i wouldnt even try using a sprint mod.. it may or may not be considered hacking.. idrk but i wouldnt even tri if i were u

jcdentonswh0re69

It might be allowed, because it reminds me alot of the f3 settings, only nicely arranged and in a corner ;) I think it's allowed, but ask staff just to be sure.

ItzJinx

Thanks so much for all your replies!
I talked to _Smokescreen_ he said the informative mod isn't really against the rules and that the mod better sprint isn't against it either as long as it doesn't have noslow or fasteat.
EL3CTR1CST0RM also said some of the same things, once again thanks for the help!

EL3CTR1C

Retired Staff
_xAustin What is that mods name? Might as well add it to the allowed list.

Thanks For Asking Austin, because i'm sure there's some other mods/modpacks that we can allow once people bring them up.

ItzJinx

EL3CTR1CST0RM You guys basically covered everything, i'd just add on that an informative mod (
) is allowed because it doesn't effect the gameplay and does the same for a debug menu (just easier to operate) and add on that Auto-sprint is allowed (same thing as better sprint, just toggled, which you already sort of have). Once again thanks! -Final Post

_Smokescreen_

Unitus

Retired Staff
EL3CTR1CST0RM You guys basically covered everything, i'd just add on that an informative mod (
) is allowed because it doesn't effect the gameplay and does the same for a debug menu (just easier to operate) and add on that Auto-sprint is allowed (same thing as better sprint, just toggled, which you already sort of have). Once again thanks! -Final Post

_Smokescreen_
Armor HUD is not allowed, and I see that in the video, just to clarify

Zelistra

Trusted Member
_xAustin What is that mods name? Might as well add it to the allowed list.

Thanks For Asking Austin, because i'm sure there's some other mods/modpacks that we can allow once people bring them up.
(This might be a bit off topic but)
Is the World Edit mod allowed? The one that I have does nothing but the guide, whenever I press L it will give me a guide on the commands. That's all it does..