• We are now in Discord! Join our community discord for latest server news and more! You will also get a FREE RARE TREASURE when successfully linking your account! Join now, click here!
  • This portion of the forum has moved to Discord!

Skywars Individual Servers for SkyWars?

Should SkyWars have its own servers for just one game?

• Yes!

Votes: 2 33.3%
  • No! (Explain why below)

Votes: 4 66.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have been on Skywars recently and it was lagging badly plus the kits are hard to get. Maybe to reduce the lag is to make seperate SkyWars Game Servers where One Server is One Game and you could get the kits by getting coins for every win and kill. The Servers would also reboot for a new game also.

_Bach_

Retired Staff
To answer your first suggestion of having multiple servers, this may cause some users to lag, but I think it would be more your connection than the server as the majority of the players have little to no lag on skywars

Additionally, having one server per skywars game would be very hard considering how many games go on at a given time.

Secondly, about the kits, they're meant as a fun purchase sometimes, but are a one time purchase, and are more of a splurge than anything. But your score does continued to your coins through wins and kills, so your suggestion is actually how it already works :)

Zainos

Owner, Founder and Lead Developer
Owner
Staff Manager
I know, we are working on a HUGE Sky Wars update that will include this feature within loads of other new features that will be released soon :)
To answer your first suggestion of having multiple servers, this may cause some users to lag, but I think it would be more your connection than the server as the majority of the players have little to no lag on skywars

Additionally, having one server per skywars game would be very hard considering how many games go on at a given time.

Secondly, about the kits, they're meant as a fun purchase sometimes, but are a one time purchase, and are more of a splurge than anything. But your score does continued to your coins through wins and kills, so your suggestion is actually how it already works :)
I greatly disagree with you. Having Mini-Games to work stand alone in one Server is way better in all aspects, as it removes all lag, works smoother and it's way more organized and better for the Network. On the other hand, having Mini-Games in one Server can be really inefficient and harmful for the Network in some cases, as well as it wastes Server resources and creates other similar issues. That's why we are working in porting all Mini-Games to work Stand Alone, such as we did with Draw It, SG, Bridges, UHC, etc.

Last edited:
This Would Probably Make People Not Want To Play SW Because They Will Have To Wait For A Game

I know, we are working on a HUGE Sky Wars update that will include this feature within loads of other new features that will be released soon :)

I greatly disagree with you. Having Mini-Games to work stand alone in one Server is way better in all aspects, as it removes all lag, works smoother and it's way more organized and better for the Network. On the other hand, having Mini-Games in one Server can be really inefficient and harmful for the Network in some cases, as well as it wastes Server resources and creates other similar issues. That's why we are working in porting all Mini-Games to work Stand Alone, such as we did with Draw It, SG, Bridges, UHC, etc.

Maybe somehow a system where the games are on the items but when clicked it goes to first skywars server NOT ingame but in lobby state?

Zainos Thanks for your reply! Awesome how this might be implemented!

Zainos

Owner, Founder and Lead Developer
Owner
Staff Manager
Maybe somehow a system where the games are on the items but when clicked it goes to first skywars server NOT ingame but in lobby state?

Zainos Thanks for your reply! Awesome how this might be implemented!
ikr, we know how to do this, don't worry ;)

Hazzy

From a person that used to be involved in a hosting company (Yes I'm sooooo cool) But seriously, having multiple servers would be much better. There would be no TPS issues or lag issues unless it was to do with the specific server. The only issue I personally see here and this is from speaking to Zainos about a few things, is that it would require more servers. The player basis of HHG isn't something small. It's huge. Having specific servers would possibly require from 1-2GB (THIS IS FOR SKYWARS ONLY) and I understand that from this massive update, if HHG were to go through with this, it would be pricey considering it would need around more than 5 separate servers.

I personally do like the idea however it's not up to me and it's all to do with player base and cost.

Trenly

Admin
Admin
From a person that used to be involved in a hosting company (Yes I'm sooooo cool) But seriously, having multiple servers would be much better. There would be no TPS issues or lag issues unless it was to do with the specific server. The only issue I personally see here and this is from speaking to Zainos about a few things, is that it would require more servers. The player basis of HHG isn't something small. It's huge. Having specific servers would possibly require from 1-2GB (THIS IS FOR SKYWARS ONLY) and I understand that from this massive update, if HHG were to go through with this, it would be pricey considering it would need around more than 5 separate servers.

I personally do like the idea however it's not up to me and it's all to do with player base and cost.
. . .
we know how to do this, don't worry

Status
Not open for further replies.