• We are now in Discord! Join our community discord for latest server news and more! You will also get a FREE RARE TREASURE when successfully linking your account! Join now, click here!
  • This portion of the forum has moved to Discord!

Fixed "He'll" is considered a swear word.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MissDark

Retired Staff
  • In Game Name: MissDark
  • When did you discover this bug: Recently. Wasn't sure what category I should put this In, so I put it in Bug reports.
  • Explain what the bug is and how you repeat it: Not necessarily a bug, more like a false positive. When you say "he'll", it says do not swear. I'm assuming it thinks I'm trying to say "Hell", and assumes I'm attempting to bypass the filter.
  • In which server is this bug located?: All // Global

XV_Scorpion_VX

Retired Staff
Is it really that hard to type out "He will" ? I know, its like two extra keys!
Why don't you stop criticising everything, its a bug that needs to be dealt with. Im sure that if it blocked you, you would be doing the same thing as MissDark here is doing, which is a service to the community.

Also, it does block it when I say it too, and its an acceptable word, its just the filter blocking it because it thinks that you're trying to cheat it by adding a ' in it.

Trenly

Admin
Admin
I believe it is blocked for a good reason. If it were unblocked, people could easily say "Go to he'll" or "Bloody he'll" since it is so close. Honestly, typing the whole thing out won't kill anyone

XV_Scorpion_VX

Retired Staff
I believe it is blocked for a good reason. If it were unblocked, people could easily say "Go to he'll" or "Bloody he'll" since it is so close. Honestly, typing the whole thing out won't kill anyone
In the same way that you could say "F!ck off" and "This is sh't" (Sorry for doing this, its just examples) so you really cant pull that up as anything.

Last edited:

XV_Scorpion_VX

Retired Staff
when using the word you are you generalizing or telling me directly, i have nothing against using the f word
That doesn't matter if you get offended by the word or not, the point is that you can easily cheat the chat filter by putting something in-between the words and still swear, so having that unbanned is literally not going to make any difference.

MissDark

Retired Staff
Maybe sometimes, in a message, I need all the space I can get. I try to condense my messages all into one so I don't cause "spam", and even 2 extra spaces can be helpful.

Majorconnor10

"Bloody hell"
omg i think im gonna go kms dont say that!!!!!111! :(

I can't tell if you're joking or not, but hell is just a place, you shouldn't be offended by it. It's apart of your religion. (Assuming it is your religion because you were offended by "hell".)

Now giving my opinion on the topic- I think hell shouldn't be blocked in the first place. It's not a bad word, there are a few words that I think shouldn't be blocked, like H!tler. He was a person. Not a swearword.

There are some glitches in the profanity filter, like I was typing a normal message about pvp, and it said "Don't say profanity" or something like that, and the message had nothing bad in it.

louisbyrne

I can't tell if you're joking or not, but hell is just a place, you shouldn't be offended by it. It's apart of your religion. (Assuming it is your religion because you were offended by "hell".)

Now giving my opinion on the topic- I think hell shouldn't be blocked in the first place. It's not a bad word, there are a few words that I think shouldn't be blocked, like H!tler. He was a person. Not a swearword.

There are some glitches in the profanity filter, like I was typing a normal message about pvp, and it said "Don't say profanity" or something like that, and the message had nothing bad in it.
bruv that doesn't offend me, idk why people get offended by it in the first place. i assume it's predominantly christians who get offended, may be wrong tho

SAFollis

Trusted Member
It's a swear word in certain context. Example: "Hell is a place" isn't a swear word in that case. It is in other context's, though, which I won't say.

louisbyrne

SHOOOOTT i meant the term'Jesus Christ", yeah theres no reason to be offended by either of them. all of the elder christians i know irl get really offended when i use that term, dk y

SAFollis

Trusted Member
SHOOOOTT i meant the term'Jesus Christ", yeah theres no reason to be offended by either of them. all of the elder christians i know irl get really offended when i use that term, dk y
The Third Commandment is why they get offended from that.

Majorconnor10

bruv that doesn't offend me, idk why people get offended by it in the first place. i assume it's predominantly christians who get offended, may be wrong tho

I don't either.
I'm a Christian and I don't get offended at all by it. There's like no reason to be offended.

Good for you!

It's a swear word in certain context. Example: "Hell is a place" isn't a swear word in that case. It is in other context's, though, which I won't say.

How is it a swearword in any context? It shouldn't even be a "swearword", just (at most) a kind of bad word, like "idiot."

Status
Not open for further replies.