• We are now in Discord! Join our community discord for latest server news and more! You will also get a FREE RARE TREASURE when successfully linking your account! Join now, click here!
  • This portion of the forum has moved to Discord!

Skywars Game Start

Tesel

After over a month of playing on the server, I've found just one problem with the SkyWars plugin.
After enough players join to start up the game, the timer starts at 20 seconds. It then resets every time a player joins. I understand that this may be designed to allow players to get kits and vote, but resetting the timer to 5 seconds would be much more reasonable than 20 seconds, as players could still kits without having to wait over a minute for their game to start.
Also, please consider adding the option to skip the larger maps. I often play in the morning, when there are less than 5 players on, and nothing is more infuriating than getting stuck with a 16 player map that never starts.
All in all, this is one of my favorite SkyWars server, there's just a couple of things that detract from actually getting to play the game itself which would be major negatives for new players.

JakeIsBoss

After over a month of playing on the server, I've found just one problem with the SkyWars plugin.
After enough players join to start up the game, the timer starts at 20 seconds. It then resets every time a player joins. I understand that this may be designed to allow players to get kits and vote, but resetting the timer to 5 seconds would be much more reasonable than 20 seconds, as players could still kits without having to wait over a minute for their game to start.
Also, please consider adding the option to skip the larger maps. I often play in the morning, when there are less than 5 players on, and nothing is more infuriating than getting stuck with a 16 player map that never starts.
All in all, this is one of my favorite SkyWars server, there's just a couple of things that detract from actually getting to play the game itself which would be major negatives for new players.
I agree with this. There are people that just join at 1 second so they can troll you. Yes this can be bannable but it could take up to 24 hours for them to be banned and they will stay there for about an hour or so just to mess with you. The maps like balloon that take 16 slots take for ever to get full. i say that once about 85% of the slots are full the timer just counts down and cannot be stopped to make sure you can get into a game. idk just a suggestion

cStella

Retired Staff
So true

There are people that just join at 1 second so they can troll you. Yes this can be bannable but it could take up to 24 hours for them to be banned and they will stay there for about an hour or so just to mess with you.
Players don't know at what stage the countdown is when they jump into a game so that shouldn't be bannable or considered trolling.
Unless you are talking about when they continuously leave and join a game to hold up the game from ever starting then yes, that would be considered trolling.

Last edited:

JakeIsBoss

So true

Players don't know at what stage the countdown is when they jump into a game so that shouldn't be bannable or considered trolling.
Unless you are talking about when they continuously leave and join a game to hold up the game from ever starting then yes, that would be considered trolling.
I was talking about continuously leaving and joining a game. And they can know if they have a friend in the game or a good memory of the time.

cStella

Retired Staff
There are people that just join at 1 second so they can troll you. Yes this can be bannable but it could take up to 24 hours for them to be banned and they will stay there for about an hour or so just to mess with you.

And they can know if they have a friend in the game or a good memory of the time.

That would be reallllly difficult to prove that it was intentional

JakeIsBoss

That would be reallllly difficult to prove that it was intentional
Not really. I mean if they just leave and join and leave and join and dont say anything about it then they are trolling but if they leave and join 1 time and say like oops or sorry then its not trolling

cStella

Retired Staff
Not really. I mean if they just leave and join and leave and join and dont say anything about it then they are trolling but if they leave and join 1 time and say like oops or sorry then its not trolling

My mistake, I thought you were talking about the players that join at one second as a separate issue from the ones that continuously leave and join.