• We are now in Discord! Join our community discord for latest server news and more! You will also get a FREE RARE TREASURE when successfully linking your account! Join now, click here!
  • This portion of the forum has moved to Discord!

Global /freeze plugin

Anchezz

Trusted Member
I am not making this thread into another of those ''why did I get banned'' or ''I don't hack'' ones. However, this suggestestion crossed my mind thanks to me getting banned and not wanting it to happen to me or any other pvper in the future.

Basically, the server needs a new plugin. The server will grow and get more players, and there will be some good ones too. I know not to complain about staff, but they do make mistakes, everyone does. And this means there will be a few players that gets falsely banned because of hacking. With the /freeze plugin staff would be able to stop the gameplay for the specific players, preventing them from being able to move in-game. Staff then asks the player to go on skype (or preferebly TS if it gets added) and screenshare their game (if TS is added join.me would be used to screenshare). This makes it a lot easier for staff to see if someone is hacking or not, since they can see the players current game screen and even look in their .minecraft folder. It would obviously be possible for the player to leave the server while /freeze is used, and this would result in a ban for refusing to screenshare.

This will not only help good pvpers proving that they're not hacking when getting accused of it, it will also be easier for staff to find those sneaky hackers.

Zainos

Owner, Founder and Lead Developer
Owner
Staff Manager
I strongly disagree with this suggestion for several reasons:
1- First of all, the idea of just freezing players in-game is stupid. Being a hacker or not, it would simply ruin the game since it would bring a huge disadvantage to the player frozen, potentially raising their chances of being killed and/or loosing the game, depending on the game-mode its about.
2- Secondly, it's even more stupid the fact of stopping everything to ask the player to add the staff member to Skype so he/she can screen-share, because:
a) The player has all rights to refuse and deny to do this or just ignore the staff member because of privacy/security uses (I don't know if you do, but I don't add everyone from the internet to Skype, knowing the fact that it's really easy to get your IP address by adding someone at Skype, potentially making it easier to launch a DDoS attack if you aren't secured by a VPN or similar.), making this system completely useless...
b) Many hackers and players are just small kids who do it because they think it's fun and they don't really know the consequences, so I'm 100% sure (And believe me, I know how to deal with this from my 4+ years of experience of working on my network, since I founded it), if you put a kid in this situation they would just get nervous and ignore the staff or log out due to the fact that you put them in such tricky situation, and banning them just because they ignored you or left the game would be even more unfair because you don't have real proof that the user hacked or not, and you know very well that all staff members are unable to execute a punishment without a valid proof to backup the decision taken.
3- Even if the user agreed to screen-share, it's EXTREMELY EASY to hide files and stuff from the .minecraft folder, even profiles (You just need to google to learn how, there are millions of guides), so it would be really easy to trick the staff member looking at the screen-share in this aspect, or you can just, in the meantime it takes adding the staff to Skype, screen-sharing and all that stuff, simply delete the files from .minecraft and you are good to go! If you think about it, there are millions of way to trick someone in a screen-share and hide the fact that you are hacking!
4- Regarding Teamspeak, we indeed used to have Teamspeak (long ago), but it got removed due to the fact that there were little to none players using it (Most of the times it would be empty), and it was just a waste of time and money. We may add it back, but only once when I think the community is big enough to have a real use of the teamspeak servers. (Since atm it would happen the same as before).

Thanks for understanding.

RK_Credius

1- First of all, the idea of just freezing players in-game is stupid. Being a hacker or not, it would simply ruin the game since it would bring a huge disadvantage to the player frozen, potentially raising their chances of being killed and/or loosing the game, depending on the game-mode its about.
2- Secondly, it's even more stupid the fact of stopping everything to ask the player to add the staff member to Skype so he/she can screen-share, because:
a) The player has all rights to refuse and deny to do this or just ignore the staff member because of privacy/security uses (I don't know if you do, but I don't add everyone from the internet to Skype, knowing the fact that it's really easy to get your IP address by adding someone at Skype, potentially making it easier to launch a DDoS attack if you aren't secured by a VPN or similar.), making this system completely useless...
b) Many hackers and players are just small kids who do it because they think it's fun and they don't really know the consequences, so I'm 100% sure (And believe me, I know how to deal with this from my 4+ years of experience of working on my network, since I founded it), if you put a kid in this situation they would just get nervous and ignore the staff or log out due to the fact that you put them in such tricky situation, and banning them just because they ignored you or left the game would be even more unfair because you don't have real proof that the user hacked or not, and you know very well that all staff members are unable to execute a punishment without a valid proof to backup the decision taken.
3- Even if the user agreed to screen-share, it's EXTREMELY EASY to hide files and stuff from the .minecraft folder, even profiles (You just need to google to learn how, there are millions of guides), so it would be really easy to trick the staff member looking at the screen-share in this aspect, or you can just, in the meantime it takes adding the staff to Skype, screen-sharing and all that stuff, simply delete the files from .minecraft and you are good to go! If you think about it, there are millions of way to trick someone in a screen-share and hide the fact that you are hacking!
4- Regarding Teamspeak, we indeed used to have Teamspeak (long ago), but it got removed due to the fact that there were little to none players using it (Most of the times it would be empty), and it was just a waste of time and money. We may add it back, but only once when I think the community is big enough to have a real use of the teamspeak servers. (Since atm it would happen the same as before).

Dam Zainos didn't know you could... Well for me I don't see you around a lot. But this guy does have a point. It sucks that the hacker may go and kill everyone while staff is writing up report/reason.

I disagree with this /freeze command setting CURRENTLY.

But what if we could have a /freeze where the hacker/suspect cannot deal damage or damaged upon. This way the hack that is working to help this noob PVP continues its attack on players, using speed, aura whatever and at the same time he can't ruin other peoples game and people can't ruin his game if he really isint a hacker.

Zainos

Owner, Founder and Lead Developer
Owner
Staff Manager
But what if we could have a /freeze where the hacker/suspect cannot deal damage or damaged upon. This way the hack that is working to help this noob PVP continues its attack on players, using speed, aura whatever and at the same time he can't ruin other peoples game and people can't ruin his game if he really isint a hacker.
If it were possible to create a perfect plugin that would freeze/disable all types of hacks, hacking wouldn't be a huge problem in the WHOLE MINECRAFT MULTIPLAYER COMMUNITY as it currently happens, don't you think?

RK_Credius

If it were possible to create a perfect plugin that would freeze/disable all types of hacks, hacking wouldn't be a huge problem in the WHOLE MINECRAFT MULTIPLAYER COMMUNITY as it currently happens, don't you think?
I think you misunderstood my post. I'm saying this just disables the player from dealing damage and being dealt damage upon, this doesn't kill the hack xD I'm not that stupid.

_Link

1. I think you miss-interpreted what she said on a few points. The freeze plugin doesn't allow them to die it just freezes them with other players being unable to hit the person/hacker neither the person/hacker to other people around.

2. I agree Skype is stupid for screen sharing for all the reasons you mentioned however Teamspeak on the other hand isn't that bad. Of course D dosing is just as common but you can literally just revoke the b_client_remoteaddress_view permissions from non-staff members being 1 way of preventing it. Of course there are complicated ways around this but nobody is really able to stop it that much from happening. Agreed on the points about staff members executing the punishment. I mean NCP sucks to be honest we all know it so we have no actual reason to call them into SS unless they are setting off logs which things such as AntiSkid have. (Well known Anti cheat) By this I mean
Zainos is using Triggerbot

Staff: /freeze them and call them into TS because of the logs accounted for.

3. Refusal to screen share usually means they have something to hide. It's honestly not that hard finding it if you know what you're doing, I mean I was trained to do that on a server by a few friends, several different ways that I won't go into detail with. Even if they try delete it there are always logs they're unable to delete with MC running as to having a time limit to join teamspeak of around 2-3 minutes.

Overall its not really that good for this server in my opinion, maybe sometime in the future when we grow but no where near now

SAFollis

Trusted Member
3. Refusal to screen share usually means they have something to hide. It's honestly not that hard finding it if you know what you're doing, I mean I was trained to do that on a server by a few friends, several different ways that I won't go into detail with. Even if they try delete it there are always logs they're unable to delete with MC running as to having a time limit to join teamspeak of around 2-3 minutes.
I wouldn't screen share even if I had nothing to hide, I don't want staff seeing my real life name, etc.