• We are now in Discord! Join our community discord for latest server news and more! You will also get a FREE RARE TREASURE when successfully linking your account! Join now, click here!

Doesn't 5 + 3 equal 8? :/

diidu

Or maybe I have it totally wrong? (I was on Mathletics and it said Fill in the missing numbers... So I did???

....PNG

Please tell me if I'm right... xD

me32305

You logged onto your computer, got on google, got onto the hhg website instead of using a calculator? lol

EDIT - And you have a windows computer so it would take you 10 seconds to pull up the calculator built into windows.
2017-01-18.png

AppleGlacier

Retired Staff
Wow you don't have to write it all out... I always had to put all of the numbers that I timed underneath, and add them all up. Was just extra work that was annoying.

diidu

Well, 8 plus 5 is 13...So if you carry the one to the next column, you have 1 plus 5 plus 3. Does that make sense? Or no?
I realised that as I posted it xD But I was on Q10 (last question) and I got the rest right so I was like "Nuuu".
You logged onto your computer, got on google, got onto the hhg website instead of using a calculator? lol

EDIT - And you have a windows computer so it would take you 10 seconds to pull up the calculator built into windows.
View attachment 16171
I didn't need to pull up the calculator... Adding is simple, I obviously just didn't check is through properly, that's all. :/
But tbh the title is true... xD 5+3 IS 8.. :p

Trenly

Admin
Admin
I realised that as I posted it xD But I was on Q10 (last question) and I got the rest right so I was like "Nuuu".

I didn't need to pull up the calculator... Adding is simple, I obviously just didn't check is through properly, that's all. :/
Yes, but 5+3+1(3)=9

The three is in parentheses since it was already added in in a different step. So as you said, you forgot to carry the one

_Ladybug_

Lol. Okay. I totally undersatnd. :p