• We are now in Discord! Join our community discord for latest server news and more! You will also get a FREE RARE TREASURE when successfully linking your account! Join now, click here!
  • This portion of the forum has moved to Discord!

Global Default Colors

Should defaults be made more noticeable with white chat?

• Yes.

Votes: 3 30.0%
  • No.

Votes: 6 60.0%
  • I think they should be made more noticeable, but not in that way.

Votes: 1 10.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

AlaskanSkies

Ok, so I have noticed that after the new update, defaults have their chat and name completely grayed out. This is annoying because it seems like it is implied that they don't really matter, and they are just useless people. Defaults make up the majority of the server, and the "grayed-out" thing seems very unfair. It may be used to get people to buy ranks, but some people do not have the money, or there are other problems. I think that the chat color of defaults should be white, even if the name color stays gray, so that it does not seem like they are being ignored and they stand out a little more. I am a MockingJay, and I have some friends that are defaults… Please vote on what you guys think.

_Bach_

Retired Staff
You're acting as though color chat is the normal, and you've been "put down".

Instead, normal (default) is gray, and the privilage of a rank is a color. Defaults aren't put down, they're the normal color. Then ranks get other cooler colors :)

AlaskanSkies

You're acting as though color chat is the normal, and you've been "put down".

Instead, normal (default) is gray, and the privilage of a rank is a color. Defaults aren't put down, they're the normal color. Then ranks get other cooler colors :)
It's not me- I'm a MockingJay. Mostly it is my MC friends. Defaults used to have white chat, along with everyone else, which seems fair. The normal color would be white chat, not gray.

_Bach_

Retired Staff
Well, again, it's a perk of donating.
It's not meant as an insult. The default color is grey now instead of white :)

Trenly

Admin
Admin
Imagine this scenario:
You are just joining a server for the first time. You have no idea what to expect. The server loads, and you see Ranked members chatting with fancy colors, and you see defaults chatting in a simple grey. You start to talk and play. You really love the SG games and the PVP arena. You wish you could play factions, but it is being updated. There are staff members online, many more gamemodes to try, and forums to check out.
Now, would you really be concerned about the color of your chat?