• Note: We are accepting any kind of map. However, we are specifically looking for Jigsaw Levels and Parkour maps. Therefore, your arena may have a higher chance to be accepted if it's for once of those game-modes, as long as it meets our Map Criteria.
  • We are now in Discord! Join our community discord for latest server news and more! You will also get a FREE RARE TREASURE when successfully linking your account! Join now, click here!

Parkour Cactus Parkour

Status
Not open for further replies.

Benji

Name: Cactus Parkour

Difficulty: Hard
Length: Short
Checkpoints: 0
Built By: BenjiThePugMC
upload_2016-11-5_16-8-2.png

upload_2016-11-5_16-8-30.png

upload_2016-11-5_16-8-54.png

upload_2016-11-5_16-9-25.png

upload_2016-11-5_16-9-40.png

Trenly

Admin
Admin
It seems way too short and way too bland. I don't like to see the whole parkour when I'm standing at the start. In fact, it looks shorter than Dungeon1. From what I see, it looks like youre on a singleplayer world. You could make a whole scenery around it, kind of like frozen valley parkour (if you dont have access to it, there should be a thread somewhere with screenshots). Take your time and make a little bit longer, well developed parkour and it can still be easy. Also, the "dunes" or "hills" should be a lot smoother if you wanted it to look like a real desert. That can only be done by making them larger, or shorter

Benji

It seems way too short and way too bland. I don't like to see the whole parkour when I'm standing at the start. In fact, it looks shorter than Dungeon1. From what I see, it looks like youre on a singleplayer world. You could make a whole scenery around it, kind of like frozen valley parkour (if you dont have access to it, there should be a thread somewhere with screenshots). Take your time and make a little bit longer, well developed parkour and it can still be easy. Also, the "dunes" or "hills" should be a lot smoother if you wanted it to look like a real desert. That can only be done by making them larger, or shorter
It will take about 6 months to do scenery around it because I don't have access to w/e and I prefer parkours when I can see the end because then I know how far away I am

ChildMusher69

I don't think that this map should be added. It lacks detail, and there is nothing surrounding the map to keep players from escaping. Also, by the screenshots, it looks like you could jump onto the ground, and run over and press the button without jumping on any of the cacti. I like this hills, but it needs some kind of wall. However, I think that this map has pretty much no chance of being accepted. If you take a look at some of the maps already in the parkour server, all of them have something to contain the players. I agree with Trenly about being way too short, and it just lacks appeal. Sorry, but I dislike this map.

ChildMusher69

It will take about 6 months to do scenery around it because I don't have access to w/e and I prefer parkours when I can see the end because then I know how far away I am
Worldedit doesn't do scenery. It just makes simple shapes like spheres, cylinders, cubes, pyramids etc. Scenery is most often done by hand or pre-generated by the world.

EPICMATT88

Trusted Member
Way too short and under detailed, for background make just the side of a dune u don't have to make a masterpiece for it.

Handeril

I'd agree with everyone, it's an... interesting... thought, but it lacks detail and it's a bit... short. Nonetheless, it'll need some extending and more detail added on before it has a shot... :/

(Though, it does look like a "pain" to complete. xD [Pun definitely intended])

ChildMusher69

I'd agree with everyone, it's an... interesting... thought, but it lacks detail and it's a bit... short. Nonetheless, it'll need some extending and more detail added on before it has a shot... :/

(Though, it does look like a "pain" to complete. xD [Pun definitely intended])
Wow... bad pun. XD

iiJam

Retired HHG Build Team Leader
Maps don't need walls surrounding them. Clouds and islands parkour are greet examples of this. We could just paste it into the void, but with a parkour like this, unless it was built on a floating island and looked in place when it was surrounded by void, it wouldn't really work.
Even taking the time to build some mountains by hand wouldn't be that hard. If you look at the mountains surrounding Chinese pvp, that's all done by hand.
I prefer parkours with different stages, not just one room, but when accepting/declining maps, it's not only my preferences I keep in mind. Ssome people prefer parkours in one room, where you can see the end, but this parkour just looks too short.
I'm sorry,
But this map has been declined.

youngfloppa

This Parkour is a little short and every jump is on a cactus. You could at least make some larger custom cactie rather than everything default maybe add some textures in the sand. Next time make it longer.

Status
Not open for further replies.