• Note: We are accepting any kind of map. However, we are specifically looking for Jigsaw Levels and Parkour maps. Therefore, your arena may have a higher chance to be accepted if it's for once of those game-modes, as long as it meets our Map Criteria.
  • We are now in Discord! Join our community discord for latest server news and more! You will also get a FREE RARE TREASURE when successfully linking your account! Join now, click here!

Mob Arena ANOTHA 1 xD

Do you think this map should be added?

• Yes

Votes: 12 66.7%
  • Maybe

Votes: 4 22.2%
  • No

Votes: 2 11.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

iSellCreditCards

This is a Nether Mob Arena Map.
It was built by TheElPolloMan Masterfireheart @MrCleann and TheLaw39

The sceenshots are of the waiting lobby and the actual arena.

2016-03-20_18.00.59.png
2016-03-20_18.00.07.png
2016-03-20_18.00.39.png
2016-03-20_18.00.14.png
2016-03-20_18.01.39.png
2016-03-20_18.01.35.png

Attachments

• 2016-03-20_18.00.59.png
    2016-03-20_18.00.59.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 216

Trenly

Admin
Admin
I don't really think we need a new MA arena. While the arena is well themed, I don't really think it is needed. Also, the amount of lava seems a bit excessive.

ParadoxTaco

Overall, i would rate it a C. The Terrain is a B-, Structure is D, It could be greatly improved. The excessive lava could easily be used to kill bosses. It would be op.
Fix up the structures, Reduce Lava, add more nether like terrain. (examples would be spikes, Nether Fortresses, Dead Trees) Otherwise, I dont see this be added.

Tuut

Trusted Member
Terrain is very flat and the middle structure is quite odd and simple. Other than that I like it :)

iiJam

Retired HHG Build Team Leader
I'll check if out later today on your server, but looking at the we're shots the nether fortress looks a bit weird. Glowstone is obviously found in the nether, but it's a butt ugly textured block, so I'd suggest removing it.

iiJam

I agree that MA needs some new maps.
But looking at the screenshots, I couldn't tell that the nether fortress was just floating... It's pretty unrealistic to an actual nether fortress. But when done well, this map could be great! A nether fortress in the middle, and the little buildings around it.

The thing in the middle (I'm assuming is where they spawn) Just looks odd, and with the overuse of glowstone, it's just hard to look appeasing.
The towers scattered around the map need more depth and detail. And the other, smaller nether brick structure seems out of place? I don't really understand it.

So i'm sorry,
but this map has been declined.

ParadoxTaco

why would anyone turn down a new MA map?
MA hasn't been updated in forever, a fresh change might bring more players in :)
I understand what your wantin Fire. But even though we need new maps, they have to be insanely well built. The Quality of this map could be greatly improved. If Buildteam was not busy with factions, a MA map would probably be made.

MC_ProYT

Trusted Member
I agree we need new Mob Arena maps, but that doesn't mean we should accept all submitted maps. We still need to keep our quality standards!
You do make a great point, but then again, we want an arena better than ours.. if someone came on the server for the first time and clicked on mob arena, then their first impression would be

Wow! This server isn't really good at building!

But if we have an arena that is very well detailed and well built, then the player would say

Wow! This server is amazing at building! I am going to play on it every single day of my life and spend over $1m on it!!! :D

(Unrealistically speaking)

iiJam

You do make a great point, but then again, we want an arena better than ours.. if someone came on the server for the first time and clicked on mob arena, then their first impression would be

Wow! This server isn't really good at building!

But if we have an arena that is very well detailed and well built, then the player would say

Wow! This server is amazing at building! I am going to play on it every single day of my life and spend over $1m on it!!! :D

(Unrealistically speaking)
And that's excactly why we need mob arena maps. :)

MineJam

Retired Staff
I like the overall design of the map. The lava is the only thing that could be improved on. And maybe add a couple spots of water. because you don't regen in ma. which means if you fall in lava. The least there could be is a little block of water near it.

BecomingIssie

This is a Nether Mob Arena Map.
It was built by TheElPolloMan Masterfireheart @MrCleann and TheLaw39

The sceenshots are of the waiting lobby and the actual arena.

View attachment 11465 View attachment 11461 View attachment 11462 View attachment 11463 View attachment 11466 View attachment 11467

Is this on a Singleplayer world or...?
If it is how do you do the renaming like [Owner] and also using extra commands.

BTW I think this map SHOULD be added ut maybe reduce the amount of lava and the raised nether brick thing should be less flat.

Status
Not open for further replies.