• Note: We are accepting any kind of map. However, we are specifically looking for Jigsaw Levels and Parkour maps. Therefore, your arena may have a higher chance to be accepted if it's for once of those game-modes, as long as it meets our Map Criteria.
  • We are now in Discord! Join our community discord for latest server news and more! You will also get a FREE RARE TREASURE when successfully linking your account! Join now, click here!

Parkour American Ninja Warrior! - [In Progress]

So a couple of months back, I started to create an American Ninja Warrior Course. If you don't know, American Ninja Warrior is an obstacle course with 6 courses: Qualifying, Finals, and Mount Midoryama Stages 1-4, with 4 being a 77 m ladder climb. My course turned out ok, but I stopped making it. I want to go back on working on this project. I will slowly be working on it over the course of the next few weeks, and updating as you go along. If you would like to leave a comment, or something that you would like to see incorporated, feel free to leave a comment down below! If you would like to see the course, do /p warp CaptainGeo64 1-3. I haven't done anything on my 3rd plot yet though.

Switz

I just tested this out. I am very sorry, but there are some errors in the making.
1. Some of the jumps are not possible. Such as the 5 block jumps, and 1 of the piston ones.
2. Needs more detail!!!!! This build has absolutely no detail!
3. You ask for barriers WAY too much!
4. There are already a lot of parkour maps, so I doubt it is going to be accepted.
5. This looks like it was made in about 5 minutes. Builds need time. You CANNOT just build a parkour map and expect them to add it. It kind of looks like a parkour someone would build at their plot just for fun.
6. I think the idea is good, partly. We have a few maps just like this one, in a way.
7. It doesn't look like you watch American Ninja Warrior often.. This looks more like a wipeout map to be honest.
8. SLOW DOWN WITH THE PUNS!!! "Door-a The Explorer"? I mean, o_O. Sorry that was just for fun! Your puns are great!
9. When you post something on forums, it has to be done. I don't think this was intentional, but I recommend posting it on forums when it is done.
10. I couldn't test out some of the stuff like the trapdoors and buttons, but those were a bad idea. Not the buttons, the trapdoors. This map would cause a lot of trolling.
11. It could be a little easier. I mean, I personally am not good at parkour, and I could not get all the jumps, so I had to grab MC_ProYT do to them to test them. I knew some of them were not possible though.
12. I recommend taking away your heads and replacing them with a ninja head or something. I don't think people would like to step on your head and rather a ninja head would be better and more fitting. And NO, don't change your head to a ninja skin!! :p

I am not trying to be mean or anything, and I know people have done this to me when I post MC_ProYT's maps, but I don't mean to be mean, if that makes since. I used to think that this was being mean, but in a way, it is being nice. I am telling you what your ups and downs are so you can fix them. So don't be mad and be happy. If you work on this map a lot more, there will be a good chance it will be accepted! :) Of course, I do not make these decisions and iiJam does, so I am just giving you feedback. This map could be a very successful map in the future. I love the idea and would love to play on it, as long as I do not rage too hard! This probably took you like a year to read, but if you did read the whole thing, then start working on that map bro! I hope this helped! :D

Xistencee

Trusted Member
I just tested this out. I am very sorry, but there are some errors in the making.
1. Some of the jumps are not possible. Such as the 5 block jumps, and 1 of the piston ones.
4. There are already a lot of parkour maps, so I doubt it is going to be accepted.
5. This looks like it was made in about 5 minutes. Builds need time. You CANNOT just build a parkour map and expect them to add it. It kind of looks like a parkour someone would build at their plot just for fun.
6. I think the idea is good, partly. We have a few maps just like this one, in a way.
7. It doesn't look like you watch American Ninja Warrior often.. This looks more like a wipeout map to be honest.
8. SLOW DOWN WITH THE PUNS!!! "Door-a The Explorer"? I mean, o_O. Sorry that was just for fun! Your puns are great!
9. When you post something on forums, it has to be done. I don't think this was intentional, but I recommend posting it on forums when it is done.
10. I couldn't test out some of the stuff like the trapdoors and buttons, but those were a bad idea. Not the buttons, the trapdoors. This map would cause a lot of trolling.
11. It could be a little easier. I mean, I personally am not good at parkour, and I could not get all the jumps, so I had to grab MC_ProYT do to them to test them. I knew some of them were not possible though.
12. I recommend taking away your heads and replacing them with a ninja head or something. I don't think people would like to step on your head and rather a ninja head would be better and more fitting. And NO, don't change your head to a ninja skin!! :p

I am not trying to be mean or anything, and I know people have done this to me when I post MC_ProYT's maps, but I don't mean to be mean, if that makes since. I used to think that this was being mean, but in a way, it is being nice. I am telling you what your ups and downs are so you can fix them. So don't be mad and be happy. If you work on this map a lot more, there will be a good chance it will be accepted! :) Of course, I do not make these decisions and iiJam does, so I am just giving you feedback. This map could be a very successful map in the future. I love the idea and would love to play on it, as long as I do not rage too hard! This probably took you like a year to read, but if you did read the whole thing, then start working on that map bro! I hope this helped! :D

If I am honest alot of these "suggestions" you have given him are really bad. He is allowed to post the Forums thread whenever he wants to, it's not breaking the rules. He is allowed to add "puns" on signs if he wants to. Having his head on the parkour map is a good idea because then people know who built it and he would have credit for his own build, oh and yes he can change his skin to a ninja if he wants to. If this map does have trapdoors and buttons then it won't cause trolling. The build itself doesn't look like it was built in 5 minutes it looks like a cool parkour map and looks like it took him quite a bit of time to figure out how to make some of the obstacles.

I think you have done a really good job on this CaptainGeo but there does need to be some more jumps and obstacles :) Good luck!! :D

Last edited:

iiJam

Retired HHG Build Team Leader
I will look at this map once I come back from Holiday and give my opinion btw, CaptainGeo

Trenly

Admin
Admin

I agree with CrayolaCrayonz here.

I just tested this out.

2. Needs more detail!!!!! This build has absolutely no detail! There is some detail. Not that there couldn't be more, but there is some.
3. You ask for barriers WAY too much! what's wrong with barriers?
4. There are already a lot of parkour maps, so I doubt it is going to be accepted. The amount of maps we already have is not relevant when deciding whether or not it will be added. It is only about the quality of the build.
5. This looks like it was made in about 5 minutes. Builds need time. You CANNOT just build a parkour map and expect them to add it. It kind of looks like a parkour someone would build at their plot just for fun. I guarantee this took more than 5 minutes. It seems like it took a while for them to figure out some of the obstacles.
6. I think the idea is good, partly. We have a few maps just like this one, in a way. So?
7. It doesn't look like you watch American Ninja Warrior often.. This looks more like a wipeout map to be honest. Some aspects of Wipeout and ANW are similar. I personally think it fits closer to ANW than Wipeout.
8. SLOW DOWN WITH THE PUNS!!! "Door-a The Explorer"? I mean, o_O. Sorry that was just for fun! Your puns are great! Thy can add whatever puns they wide
9. When you post something on forums, it has to be done. I don't think this was intentional, but I recommend posting it on forums when it is done. There is no rule saying it has to be done for it to be posted. I myself have posted half finished maps for feedback simply to know if I should continue to work, or if it's hopeless.
10. I couldn't test out some of the stuff like the trapdoors and buttons, but those were a bad idea. Not the buttons, the trapdoors. This map would cause a lot of trolling. I see nothing wrong with the trapdoors
11. It could be a little easier. I mean, I personally am not good at parkour, and I could not get all the jumps, so I had to grab MC_ProYT do to them to test them. I knew some of them were not possible though. Parkours vary in difficulty. It does not need to be made easier.
12. I recommend taking away your heads and replacing them with a ninja head or something. I don't think people would like to step on your head and rather a ninja head would be better and more fitting. And NO, don't change your head to a ninja skin!! :p His skull is fine, it gives credit to him. And he can change his skin anytime he wants.

Some of these "suggestions" are extremely mean, and you have no right to tell him what he can and cannot do. As CrayolaCrayonz said, these suggestions are not very good.

Update: 1/21/16: I have nerfed two 4 block jumps and turned them into 3 block jumps

Notice: For Piston Road 2, the pistons are supposed to go up and down, yet they don't work whenever I am not online. I will probably have to change that.

iiJam

Thanks Trenly and CrayolaCrayonz for your inspiration. Although I believe some jumps are possible, I will check and possibly nerf some jumps to make it more plausible.
Any jumps that are five blocks long. Or four blocks long, and one block up (WITHOUT ladders) aren't possible.

But four block jumps see resolution difficult! So I'm glad you changed them.

iiJam

Alrighty. So I just checked out your plots, and they need some work.

It's great that you've taken some of my advice from last time (Adding water and making it more realistic) But it needs to be improoved.
I like that you've added water. But the remaining grass blocks in the ground, don't look that good.
You should also probably replace the dirt blocks underneath the water with a better block, or at least make it deeper, than add a better floor.

Most of the parkour is actually good parkour, but it still doesn't look realistic to the show.
Take this Wipe out map I made ages ago. (Imagine the green wool is blue wool(My friend changed it for a 'christmas theme')) http://imgur.com/g7qW0uL http://imgur.com/45ywYzh It looks realistic. There is support for all of the jumps, there is deep water surrounding all of the jumps, with slabs around it. Even in a section there's Soul Sand to make it look like mud. There's even an area for seating.

A project like this should really be built in a super flat world, or at least a bigger plot.