• We are now in Discord! Join our community discord for latest server news and more! You will also get a FREE RARE TREASURE when successfully linking your account! Join now, click here!

What is wrong with society.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trenly

Admin
Admin
Ive got a piece on my mind, and need to vent. So, here goes a rant. . .

Why do people say things like, "How could that be a joke. His feelings were probably already hurt." Well, that is one of the things wrong with today's society.

People feel that we should be concious of how we make others feel. And that isnt bad. Its when it is blown out of porportion that it becomes an issue. If one comment hurt somebody's feelings, then thats too bad. Society has become so sensitive to this that if ONE comment could be considered offensive to a person, others immediately say that it should be removed because it could hurt that person's feelings. Their feelings are not your responsibility!

People need to understand that this is the internet, and that feelings may get hurt. It is not anybody's place to defend the feelings of another person just because they MIGHT be hurt. If you are so sensitive that one comment would set you off the edge, you should not be on the internet. The internet will hurt your feelings no matter where you go.

People may classify hurtful comments as disrespect. What about it is disrespect? If I were to say to someone that the outfit they were wearing did not look the best on them (if they asked my opinion), they could be hurt by that; however, it is not disrespectful. Same concept can be applied online. If someone asks for an opinion on something and I respond in a way that could be very hurtful, it is not always disrespect. In fact, some very hurtful comments can be beneficial, by making someone hurt they would remember how horrible it felt to be humiliated and strive to do better in their next attempt. Its the same thing as a concept called "Tough Love".

TLDR: I dont get why people have to take offense at every little thing.

sunshinebabyy

Ty for this message Tren. You're a great guy and helped with advice on my sister's builds and my builds. Everyone should take this in as a life lesson.

Xist_

Ok this is quite clearly talking about that kit pvp 1 vs 1 map. In what shape or form is suicide something small? People will get hurt easily online something may have happened to them in real life and are trying to get away from what happened but people like you remind them and ruin their day. People like you disgust me...

Trenly

Admin
Admin
Ok this is quite clearly talking about that kit pvp 1 vs 1 map. In what shape or form is suicide something small? People will get hurt easily online something may have happened to them in real life and are trying to get away from what happened but people like you remind them and ruin their day. People like you disgust me...
In what way was i referencing anything about suicide in this post? And if they are that unstable they should be seeking professional counseling

SAFollis

Trusted Member
1. How was that suicide...? Shoving a fork in your eye wouldn't kill you.
2. Getting hurt by saying something... honestly? If you get hurt from some stranger online saying something I think something more than just a 'bad day' is going on.

Moral of the story:
"Sticks and stones may break my bones but words can never hurt me."

_Smokescreen_

Retired Staff
2. Getting hurt by saying something... honestly? If you get hurt from some stranger online saying something I think something more than just a 'bad day' is going on.

Moral of the story:
Yes yes and yes, thought I'd say. I like that quote.

Xist_

Moral of the story:

1 self harm then

2 your point I said that they might have issues?

Some people take words seriously

EL3CTR1C

Retired Staff
I love reading these types of threads where people point out "flaws" in society yet they contribute to them everyday...
People should just live for themselves and their ideals and dreams, rather then living off others feelings and opinions. I believe in being Ambitious for myself while helping out others along the way.

People should also stop tryharding in philosophy, morals, and euphemisms because they spew out words here and do actions that go against their words everyday.

3rd person opinions are also very weak, as you speak for yourself, not a formal group (in relation to the current argument between several forum users).

That's my 2 cents

PS: We Are All The Same As We Are Different, Friends.

sunshinebabyy

People are oversensitive. They claim that their going to commit suicide over a game. A phrase that a STRANGER said to them. I'm not shaming that but, it is kind of, odd shall I put it. My little sister got bullied on this server all the time. From being called "A sick mental person" to being told to "go hang yourself ******" Never once did she say she was going to kill or hang herself. She's a fighter. People are seeing things differently. Social Media and friends are brainwashing society. What I mean by that is, the whole "transgender" thing that went on from late last year to this year and oncoming days. I have nothing against them but, what they're teaching kids and adults and teens is that "I chose this life but I don't want people to judge me, and if they do I'm gonna kill myself or never talk to anyone again." This whole hoopla of people saying "I HATE YOU I'M KILLING MYSELF" because of an anonymous person is kind of dramatic. I was bullied online but, I got everything under control. I'm not one to say don't cut yourself over online words because, I did cut myself and self harm, I did buy a whole new wardrobe of longs pants and long sleeve shirts because I was scared of being judged. It's gotten to a point where, we're so scared of looking dumb in real life that we don't even try. As for online, we're so scared of being put on a lower status that we put other down to push ourselves up. I hope someone listens, and makes a change because honestly, it's a world of cruelty and people will judge you.

Majorconnor10

Aww I got rekt in sg, I'm gonna commit suicide, unless people let me win and not hurt my feelings cuz i'm hurt easily.

Last edited:

Majorconnor10

1 self harm then

If some people take words seriously? Than lets never be mean to someone! They are suggesting them to be owner of HHGN? Tell them that's a great idea! Someone says they get their feelings hurt when they lose? Let's let them win!

SAFollis

Trusted Member
1 self harm then

1. Okay, no more jokes that offend anyone, aka no more jokes, really. Make a funny joke that won't offend anyone. I dare you.
2. They'd probably need a psychiatrist more than 'video game time'.
"something may have happened" sounds more like a bad day then, let's say, my friend died and my grandma did too and I'm getting beat up after school etc.

ImTea

Retired Staff
There's a reason this generation is nicknamed the teacup generation: People say they are beautiful but incredibly fragile.
I like tea cups :)

Translation: I don't see why people haven't talked about this before. It's so true, all day, especially in schools, these adults and/or figures of power constantly shove these kind of lies down our throats. Half the things they say mean relatively nothing in the real world.

It doesn't matter how hard you try, you will offend someone. And guess what? I don't care :D No one should. We shouldnt be taught not to offend anyone, rather, to not get offended by what people say. Most times someone gets offended, it was said unintentionally or irrationally. When it is said on purpose, who cares? Obviously that person is just trying to make themselves look better, knowing that they are lacking in some way.

I don't see why people honestly get upset by most remarks. Do people really think that one bad comment will kill them? What happened to the days when someone went crying to a teacher about what someone said to them, the teacher would simply reply, "You'll be fine. Just ignore him." Or "Sticks and stone may break your bones but words will never hurt you". Now, obviously if that kid goes to the teacher everyday, then it could be an issue.

Nowadays though, you call someone a nerd and you get suspended from school, or an ISS. I know a friend that called another friend something deemed "rude", obviously joking, and he got suspended for 2 weeks. The word he said was " retarded". I mean really? Censorship nowadays is through the roof. You cant say anything without someone running across the world to tell you they vape or something...

*Sorry, bit of a rant myself :)

sunshinebabyy

I like tea cups :)

Translation: I don't see why people haven't talked about this before. It's so true, all day, especially in schools, these adults and/or figures of power constantly shove these kind of lies down our throats. Half the things they say mean relatively nothing in the real world.

It doesn't matter how hard you try, you will offend someone. And guess what? I don't care :D No one should. We shouldnt be taught not to offend anyone, rather, to not get offended by what people say. Most times someone gets offended, it was said unintentionally or irrationally. When it is said on purpose, who cares? Obviously that person is just trying to make themselves look better, knowing that they are lacking in some way.

I don't see why people honestly get upset by most remarks. Do people really think that one bad comment will kill them? What happened to the days when someone went crying to a teacher about what someone said to them, the teacher would simply reply, "You'll be fine. Just ignore him." Or "Sticks and stone may break your bones but words will never hurt you". Now, obviously if that kid goes to the teacher everyday, then it could be an issue.

Nowadays though, you call someone a nerd and you get suspended from school, or an ISS. I know a friend that called another friend something deemed "rude", obviously joking, and he got suspended for 2 weeks. The word he said was " retarded". I mean really? Censorship nowadays is through the roof. You cant say anything without someone running across the world to tell you they vape or something...

*Sorry, bit of a rant myself :)
This is absolutely true.

Status
Not open for further replies.