• Note: We are accepting any kind of map. However, we are specifically looking for Jigsaw Levels and Parkour maps. Therefore, your arena may have a higher chance to be accepted if it's for once of those game-modes, as long as it meets our Map Criteria.
  • We are now in Discord! Join our community discord for latest server news and more! You will also get a FREE RARE TREASURE when successfully linking your account! Join now, click here!

xoSammy

Build Team Leader
Build Team Leader
~=+=~
Hey everyone! Welcome to my very last Map for Happy HG, I wanted to make something that related a lot to me as well as making sure the Community of Happy HG absolutely love the Map themselves. Hope you like the Map. :)
-=+=-
Info:
- Name: Pug Parkour
- Difficulty: Hard
- Length: Short
- Checkpoints: 0
- Found at: /p v SamThePugMC 24
-=+=-
Screenshots:

2017-08-29_16.51.56.png

2017-08-29_16.52.02.png

2017-08-29_16.52.14.png

2017-08-29_16.52.23.png

2017-08-29_16.52.29.png

2017-08-29_16.52.37.png

2017-08-29_16.52.41.png

-=+=-
I really hope you approve of this Map. It's my last one and I wanted to go out with a BANG. I understand that players won't like it due to "lack of detail" and "pixel art" but to be honest, it's meant to be a more "fun" Map for the players to enjoy instead of look at and compare it to other and more detailed Maps. I'm hoping you all can see it the same way as me.
-=+=-
Thank you to iiJam & Trenly for being the wonderful HHG Head-Builders whilst I've been making Maps here, you 2 are amazing. Also thanks to EPICMATT88 because in my eyes he's a talented Builder and deserves to be noticed by someone in the future. Good luck Matt. :)
Also a big thank you to Happy HG just for being so positive about my Maps and enjoying them when playing them. I can't wait to see what HHG can offer with Maps in the future. Good luck to you all! <3
-=+=-

Last edited:

joexxx6

Not gonna lie, I really can't see this ever being a parkour map for HHG anytime soon. If you look at the parkour maps that are being added to the server, you will see that they are around a certain theme that works well with it being parkour and also isn't kinda weird to look at. For example you look at worksite parkour and you go like, wow, I think this could be really fun, jumping round cranes and trucks and scaffolding, kinda like in a hero does in an action movie. However, if I saw there was a pug parkour I would think, oh, that's kind of a weird theme for a parkour map, I don't think it'll be that nice to do.

Well those are just my thoughts, some people might like this map, and have different opinions, so don't give up on the idea because of what I have said.

pofoproud

Trusted Member
Not gonna lie, I really can't see this ever being a parkour map for HHG anytime soon. If you look at the parkour maps that are being added to the server, you will see that they are around a certain theme that works well with it being parkour and also isn't kinda weird to look at. For example you look at worksite parkour and you go like, wow, I think this could be really fun, jumping round cranes and trucks and scaffolding, kinda like in a hero does in an action movie. However, if I saw there was a pug parkour I would think, oh, that's kind of a weird theme for a parkour map, I don't think it'll be that nice to do.

Well those are just my thoughts, some people might like this map, and have different opinions, so don't give up on the idea because of what I have said.
i think it was a kinda joke m8 lmao

xoSammy

Build Team Leader
Build Team Leader
lmfao same
I made 1 Map and now you're all hating on me just because you don't like it.
Really shows your maturity Paige. XD
If you don't have any suggestions/constructive criticism or any nice comments to say about the Map itself (which is the whole point of this thread) then don't say anything at all.

Last edited:

xoSammy

Build Team Leader
Build Team Leader

If you don't like the Map, why did you like the Forum Thread?
Not sounding rude or anything, but I wouldn't like a Forum Thread if I didn't like the Map... =/

alxyz

Trusted Member
I love it, but I have mixed feelings. Like how you said that some players might see it as pixel art, and as for when I first looked at it, it truly looked like it. Other then that I got nothing. I love pugs and always wanted one so, maybe!

xoSammy

Build Team Leader
Build Team Leader
same i don't get why he did this but i don't like him in general Oo F
I understand that players won't like it due to "lack of detail" and "pixel art" but to be honest, it's meant to be a more "fun" Map for the players to enjoy instead of look at and compare it to other and more detailed Maps.

xoSammy

Build Team Leader
Build Team Leader
I love it, but I have mixed feelings. Like how you said that some players might see it as pixel art, and as for when I first looked at it, it truly looked like it. Other then that I got nothing. I love pugs and always wanted one so, maybe!
Thanks. I'm glad someone sees the Map as a more "fun" one for the Community instead of "let's get serious here and compare it to every other Map on the Server and say it's awful because of the comparison."
Sometimes I think that the Community don't get a big part on deciding with Maps and whether they should get accepted or not, I understand it is the job of the Head-Builder to accept and decline Maps but sometimes I feel that the Community doesn't get a say or isn't listened to much with what they have to say about the Map.
The only reason as to why "The Maze" (Hitman Map) was accepted because it was popular and the Community really wanted to play on it, even if it was basic and not very detailed, I'm just so glad to see someone listen to the Community and think of whether the Server would do better with this Map or not. Sorry, my rant is over now. XD

alxyz

Trusted Member
Thanks. I'm glad someone sees the Map as a more "fun" one for the Community instead of "let's get serious here and compare it to every other Map on the Server and say it's awful because of the comparison."
Sometimes I think that the Community don't get a big part on deciding with Maps and whether they should get accepted or not, I understand it is the job of the Head-Builder to accept and decline Maps but sometimes I feel that the Community doesn't get a say or isn't listened to much with what they have to say about the Map.
The only reason as to why "The Maze" (Hitman Map) was accepted because it was popular and the Community really wanted to play on it, even if it was basic and not very detailed, I'm just so glad to see someone listen to the Community and think of whether the Server would do better with this Map or not. Sorry, my rant is over now. XD
XD yeah I understand where you are coming from, we don't really see unless it's on a thread, we just notice a new pk, compkete it, then move on to the next. I went a parkour I can go back to and love even if I've completed it a lot

Trenly

Admin
Admin
If you havent noticed, I almost always wait for community feedback before replying. As a matter of fact, on this thread I saw it literally 5 minutes after you posted it. I understand that sometimes what the community wants is maps that may not be the most detailed, or made to the best standards. Depending on the amount of positive and negative feedback I definitely do take that into consideration. Thanks for voicing your concern

pofoproud

Trusted Member
u want a community of 8 year olds to choose the maps huh? then hhg would have 0 theme crap maps everywhere and it'd just be horrible.. if u want the community to be heard in their opinions tell them to get on forums they can do whatever they want

xoSammy

Build Team Leader
Build Team Leader
u want a community of 8 year olds to choose the maps huh? then hhg would have 0 theme crap maps everywhere and it'd just be horrible.. if u want the community to be heard in their opinions tell them to get on forums they can do whatever they want
Did I say that the Community decides on the Maps and Trenly doesn't? No.
Did I say they should be given a chance to speak their opinion and see if the Community are highly supportive of the Map to the point it might benefit the Server even if it isn't a highly detailed Map? Yes.
Make sure to read through the message properly before replying to it.

xoSammy

Build Team Leader
Build Team Leader
I don't really care for this map. It seems really short, even for short parkours, and it's just 2 things: a pixel art of a pug and a bone.
Yes. It is a pixel art of a Pug and a bone, but lots of people on the Server absolutely love Pugs and so do I.
So I built it on their behalf, if you're not grateful for what I've done for the Community then that's your opinion, but sometimes small Builds like this can still get a lot of love from the Server anyway.

pofoproud

Trusted Member
Yes. It is a pixel art of a Pug and a bone, but lots of people on the Server absolutely love Pugs and so do I.
So I built it on their behalf, if you're not grateful for what I've done for the Community then that's your opinion, but sometimes small Builds like this can still get a lot of love from the Server anyway.
U just want it on the server for ur own benefit like what? no "real" builder should even attempt to add a map based on themselves its just self centered and annoys the h*ck outta me

xoSammy

Build Team Leader
Build Team Leader
U just want it on the server for ur own benefit like what? no "real" builder should even attempt to add a map based on themselves its just self centered and annoys the h*ck outta me
Stop getting triggered and stop talking. <3
I understand that you're not very happy for some unknown reason but always know that we're all here for you and we care about all of your problems. :)

i see 0 benefit of this parkour being adding and thats the end of my statement goodbye.
Bye! Have a nice day. <3

Can I just ask... what makes a Builder "real"? To me, a Builder is someone who makes Maps to benefit the Community of a Server. Who cares what the theme is? As long as the Server likes it.

And when did I say it was for my benenfit and for me only? I clearly stated that players of the Community love Pugs too, it's not just me. XD
Next.

Last edited by a moderator:

SAFollis

Trusted Member
Just because people like it isn't an excuse for it to be extremely short with very little detail. It also seems like the community doesn't particularly like this map, based on how everyone is reacting to the map.

xoSammy

Build Team Leader
Build Team Leader
Just because people like it isn't an excuse for it to be extremely short with very little detail. It also seems like the community doesn't particularly like this map, based on how everyone is reacting to the map.
Considering half of the people have judged a Map just because they don't like me doesn't seem like a very fair vote, sadly most of the people who have seen this Map on Creative and love it don't actually have Forum Accounts.
Just go ahead and decline it Trenly, I've had enough with everything right now.