• Note: We are accepting any kind of map. However, we are specifically looking for Jigsaw Levels and Parkour maps. Therefore, your arena may have a higher chance to be accepted if it's for once of those game-modes, as long as it meets our Map Criteria.
  • We are now in Discord! Join our community discord for latest server news and more! You will also get a FREE RARE TREASURE when successfully linking your account! Join now, click here!

Jigsaw Jigsaw Level Submission [43]

notchhead

I have created another level for Jigsaw. All of the information for this level can be found in this video:

I have not provided a world download because there is a less technical replica on my first creative plot; my IGN is Notchhead.

Thanks for taking a look!

PS. Not sure why I didn't press enter in the game chat...

_Bach_

Retired Staff
I REALLY like this! Very creative work, and is very much what Jigsaw is all about!

I would highly recommend this for the server, as it looks like a good puzzle, and is very well done :)

notchhead

Very puzzling for those who wouldnt have seen the video

That's what the sign is for :)

In my opinion I think the objective is pretty clear, "often, the answer can be found by looking for what isn't there." this alludes to the fact that the correct color is the wool that isn't included in the tape, and the Diamond Block is there as a buffer to know when the tape has reset.

Thanks for the feedback!

EDIT: Yes, it should be very 'puzzling' ;)

iiJam

Retired HHG Build Team Leader
This is a very creative map. I really like it :)
But I feel if once a person has pressed the button, once they're finished, it'll probably finish on a random colour. So the next person who plays the level may be quite confused why a random diamond block is in the mixture.

notchhead

But I feel if once a person has pressed the button, once they're finished, it'll probably finish on a random colour. So the next person who plays the level may be quite confused why a random diamond block is in the mixture.

A valid point, yes, but the only other viable option (that I can picture) would be to use a piece of white wool there instead.
White wool isn't an option you can select, and I feel like some players would think 'white' is the answer since it "Can't be seen" on the board.

EDIT: The contraption used to create the wheel only allows for an odd number of blocks.

Xistencee

Trusted Member
A valid point, yes, but the only other viable option (that I can picture) would be to use a piece of white wool there instead.
White wool isn't an option you can select, and I feel like some players would think 'white' is the answer since it "Can't be seen" on the board.

EDIT: The contraption used to create the wheel only allows for an odd number of blocks.
Yes but that still wouldn't solve the problem, there needs to be some sort of automatic reset after someone has finished that level.

Trenly

Admin
Admin
What if command blocks were used?have comparators test which rotation it was on and then set the color to a certain one

notchhead

Yes but that still wouldn't solve the problem, there needs to be some sort of automatic reset after someone has finished that level.

A /clone command could be relatively easy, but for those with bad ping it may make the machine glitch.

I'll give it a try and give an update

Trenly

Admin
Admin
A /clone command could be relatively easy, but for those with bad ping it may make the machine glitch.

I'll give it a try and give an update
One cool thing about using command blocks, if you're good enough with redstone. You can use a testforblock at that location. The block will put power out the side into a comparator if true, and not if false

notchhead

One cool thing about using command blocks, if you're good enough with redstone. You can use a testforblock at that location. The block will put power out the side into a comparator if true, and not if false

Yes, I know what /testforblocks is...
Using /testforblocks rblocks would hardly work, or be too bulky

Every color that is currently displayed would need its own set of command blocks. And on every color of wool, the diamond block is in a different place. I don't think neither I, the build team, nor Zainos has the time to figure it out.

/clone will work just fine. I haven't tested it yet.

_Bach_

Retired Staff
Here is a thought- does there need to be a reset?

If the wheel of colors is just a list of colors, then it doesnt matter what clay block is selected because the object is to look for what is not there. If the diamond block isnt in the picture, then it could just be a roll of colored clays. Is that an option?

Trenly

Admin
Admin
Here is a thought- does there need to be a reset?

If the wheel of colors is just a list of colors, then it doesnt matter what clay block is selected because the object is to look for what is not there. If the diamond block isnt in the picture, then it could just be a roll of colored clays. Is that an option?
It needs to be an odd number, so if you put in white wool, it would work.

Trenly

Admin
Admin
If you go to my first plot, I have made a replica that solves that problem.