• Note: We are accepting any kind of map. However, we are specifically looking for Jigsaw Levels and Parkour maps. Therefore, your arena may have a higher chance to be accepted if it's for once of those game-modes, as long as it meets our Map Criteria.
  • We are now in Discord! Join our community discord for latest server news and more! You will also get a FREE RARE TREASURE when successfully linking your account! Join now, click here!

SCBB BioSpheres 2.0! By Pro Build Team

Do you like this map?

• yes

Votes: 2 25.0%
  • no

Votes: 6 75.0%

• Total voters

Switz

Hello! Today I built yet ANOTHER BioSpheres map for SCBB since the other one got declined! I am open to suggestions! This map was built by the Pro Build Team and got a little inspiration by Xillence for the broken bridge! The map was mainly built by MC_ProYT and Kittyali064. Sadly, MC_ProYT got banned from the forums page, so he asked me to post this thread. He said the spheres were a 10 block radius and there is 8 spheres. If you would like to see it in-game, ask MC_ProYT to tpa if he is online.

MC_ProYT also sent me some screenshots:
2015-12-11_22.04.29.png 2015-12-11_22.04.49.png 2015-12-11_22.05.00.png 2015-12-11_22.05.13.png 2015-12-11_22.05.24.png 2015-12-11_22.05.49.png 2015-12-11_22.05.56.png 2015-12-11_22.06.04.png 2015-12-11_22.06.18.png2015-12-11_22.06.27.png 2015-12-11_22.06.47.png 2015-12-11_22.06.53.png 2015-12-11_22.07.05.png 2015-12-11_22.07.12.png 2015-12-11_22.07.30.png

Trenly

Admin
Admin
Needs more detail stil. And a very unoriginal concept.
should i have told mcpro to use shaders when he did the screenshots? would that give it more depth? :cool:
Not everyone uses shaders, so it is best to do it without

Trenly

Admin
Admin
that is why i said i am open for suggestions
Suggestions? Okay, here goes:

• Make it look less worldedited
  • Add a bunch more detail
  • Prevent the biospheres from inhibiting jumping
  • Make it more original. There are tons of maps based off of biomes, what sets this one apart?
  • Make more room for pvp. As it is, the only real room for decent pvp is on top of the domes. Inside the domes it just seems that you would get killed within a few seconds due to all the objects inside them

Tbh, I don't like the idea of the map at all. I don't think it's creative, nor suited to scbb. While there is more detail than there was in V1, there still needs to be more if it were to be added imo. I think the best suggestion I can give in this case would be to start over. Abandon this idea and come up with a better one that you can make really well suited to the gamemode and very detailed.

-------------------------
Keep in mind that when I work on a map, even with a team, it can take months to get enough detail into it that I feel comfortable submitting it. Some maps can be made more quickly, but the best ones take a while. And I don't just run with an idea. I think about what structures would work well with a theme, and how I can make them detailed. I think about what type of map the theme would be best for. I think about how long I will have to work on the map (so I don't start an Easter map with only a week to finish it, etc.). I think about what effects could be added so it's not just another map, i.e. Is it snowing in one area but raining in another.

Maps take time and effort. Not just a will to be a map.

Tuut

Trusted Member
This map has improved a tiny bit, but it still needs way more detail. For example the broken bridge doesnt look broken. As i said before the concept of this map is extremely unoriginal and plain.

SAFollis

Trusted Member
imo it's okay... it doesn't have enough detail (still has some tho) <-- Has more than before, but still needs more
Also... it sorta doesn't seem much like an scbb map, with the domes and all blocking jumps <-- Biggar domes/no domes (like 5 extra radius? Needs more height for kits like enderdragon if you decide bigger domes, but still doesn't fit much with scbb)
basically all the old problems

Trenly

Admin
Admin
Cant people just camp very easily in this map???
+
This map has improved a tiny bit, but it still needs way more detail. For example the broken bridge doesnt look broken. As i said before the concept of this map is extremely unoriginal and plain.
+
basically all the old problems
=
Suggestions? Okay, here goes:

• Make it look less worldedited
  • Add a bunch more detail
  • Prevent the biospheres from inhibiting jumping
  • Make it more original. There are tons of maps based off of biomes, what sets this one apart?
  • Make more room for pvp. As it is, the only real room for decent pvp is on top of the domes. Inside the domes it just seems that you would get killed within a few seconds due to all the objects inside them

Tbh, I don't like the idea of the map at all. I don't think it's creative, and its not suited for scbb. While there is more detail than there was in V1, there still needs to be more detail if it were to be added imo. I think the best suggestion I can give in this case would be to start over. Abandon this idea and come up with a better one that you can make really well suited to the gamemode and very detailed.

-------------------------
Keep in mind that when I work on a map, even with a team, it can take months to get enough detail into it that I feel comfortable submitting it. Some maps can be made more quickly, but the best ones take a while. And I don't just run with an idea. I think about what structures would work well with a theme, and how I can make them detailed. I think about what type of map the theme would be best for. I think about how long I will have to work on the map (so I don't start an Easter map with only a week to finish it, etc.). I think about what effects could be added so it's not just another map, i.e. Is it snowing in one area but raining in another.

Maps take time and effort. Not just a will to be a map.

Well, 3 different people all saying relatively the same thing. I think that there might be some common issues

Unitus

Retired Staff
Hello! Today I built yet ANOTHER BioSpheres map for SCBB since the other one got declined! I am open to suggestions! This map was built by the Pro Build Team and got a little inspiration by Xillence for the broken bridge! The map was mainly built by MC_ProYT and Kittyali064. Sadly, MC_ProYT got banned from the forums page, so he asked me to post this thread. He said the spheres were a 10 block radius and there is 8 spheres. If you would like to see it in-game, ask MC_ProYT to tpa if he is online.

MC_ProYT also sent me some screenshots:
View attachment 10313 View attachment 10314 View attachment 10315 View attachment 10316 View attachment 10317 View attachment 10318 View attachment 10319 View attachment 10320 View attachment 10321View attachment 10322 View attachment 10323 View attachment 10324 View attachment 10325 View attachment 10326 View attachment 10327
The community gave suggestions on the 1.0 of this map, and the 2.0 comes out with the same issues, just dip this concept, if no one puts real dedication it's going nowhere