• We are now in Discord! Join our community discord for latest server news and more! You will also get a FREE RARE TREASURE when successfully linking your account! Join now, click here!

[A long overdue apology] Still Alive

Am I forgiven for what happened?

• Yes

• No

• Eh... not sure?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Maethoreril

It's been over 2 years since I was terminated from the HHGN community, and I think I'll finally put in my official apology that's been on my mind from time-to-time since late 2015-early 2016.

To those of you who don't know me, yes, it's me, Handeril. Posting from beyond the grave as a means to get a point across. Now, from what I have collected from an anonymous source as of today, the grudges of old still stand strong today. (Even though I have left the server alone for quite some time now.)

First off, I have changed alot over the years, and it took me a while to realize my wrong-doings on HHGN. Heck, it's taken me longer to even bother to show up and apologize because I have more "pressing" issues to deal with in real life.

What really happened in 2014:

I'll take it from the top, I heard about a money glitch that existed in HHGN's economy that some of HHGN's richest at the time were abusing. Since I was determined to actually test the extremes of this glitch, I took a screenshot of my currency beforehand, and meant to take one afterhand to show Zainos this vulnerability and hopefully set things in the economy "right".

So I set up the glitch, and for good measure I set my "place block" key to an arrow key and found a way to keep that button pressed while I went to bed and slept that night. Sadly, the next morning was REALLY stressful, and finding out I was permanently terminated from factions didn't help. I basically threw my gatherings out the metaphorical window and ended up "salting the wounds" between me and Zainos not very long after.

Originally, if Zainos had not banned me, when the stressful crap from that morning passed, I would've sent him a private PM regarding the glitch, and the suspected abusers. I would've also opted to have my collected money reset for the sake of the economy, and well... I wouldn't be here making a long as heck apology post.

[I could've also just not deleted the screenshot in a fit of rage and tried to explain in a private post from there.]

How did I "salt the wounds":

I made a post during my rage revealing the glitch to the whole HHGN community like an absolute ***hole to get back at Zainos for banning me. (Geez, I was such a great person. *sarcasm*)

He snapped at me in private, and I lost my bearings entirely. Here's where the kicker comes in...

Here's what no-one, save for a few, know about what happened:

I was so infuriated at the time I made several threats oriented at Zainos and HHGN, and even tried to find a way enact those plans. (Not very smart on my end, but when we're younger, we do things we regret, yes?) After almost a year and practically no luck, I gave up and basically "hit the road".

tl;dr: I was banned for a glitch, the only evidence I had of "doing good" was deleted. Along with that, I made some empty threats. I should've kept the evidence, been the bigger person, and simply explained along with give a good written apology.

So, over the years, I have taken a little time here-and-there to think about just how much I did back in the day. (When the topic came up, that is, as some people still bring it up.) It was my first public server, first time really being "exposed" to the internet, and thus, there were things that I just generally didn't know. (shrugs)

I did some really stupid stuff, and it's only human error to make mistakes, no matter how big.

So, here it comes, the apology that people have probably been looking for:

Zainos

I'm really sorry for being kind of a jerk to you, and exploiting your insecurities at the time. While I was mad and we both kind of "did a number" on each other, you didn't deserve all the treatment you got. I should've been the bigger person, apologized, and lived with what came after.

HHGN Community

I'm really sorry for never making an effort sooner to apologize, or even thoroughly explain my absence. Along with this, I'm sorry for exposing the glitch that kinda ruined the factions server. That was rather unfair of me to do.

[That's my apology, the stuff down below is just my thoughts.]

I have changed over the years, as all humans have to "grow up", take responsibility, and learn. I've gone from holding grudges over petty situations to "picking my battles" wisely.

I haven't been mad at Zainos for over a year now. (Not even mad at him now, I'm actually apologetic towards him.) It wasn't worth my time holding a rather small grudge. Plus, the server didn't deserve whatever "wrath" I tried to concoct, too many innocent, non-involved people would be effected.

So in basic, I screwed up on monumental proportions, and I'm just looking to get a point across.

Not really looking to be unbanned from everything, either. (In case you thought that was my intent.)

[I have all of this saved to a doc file, in case it's "edited" for any reason.]

Viperstrike

Trusted Member
It's been over 2 years since I was terminated from the HHGN community, and I think I'll finally put in my official apology that's been on my mind from time-to-time since late 2015-early 2016.

To those of you who don't know me, yes, it's me, Handeril. Posting from beyond the grave as a means to get a point across. Now, from what I have collected from an anonymous source as of today, the grudges of old still stand strong today. (Even though I have left the server alone for quite some time now.)

First off, I have changed alot over the years, and it took me a while to realize my wrong-doings on HHGN. Heck, it's taken me longer to even bother to show up and apologize because I have more "pressing" issues to deal with in real life.

I'll take it from the top, I heard about a money glitch that existed in HHGN's economy that some of HHGN's richest at the time were abusing. Since I was determined to actually test the extremes of this glitch, I took a screenshot of my currency beforehand, and meant to take one afterhand to show Zainos this vulnerability and hopefully set things in the economy "right".

So I set up the glitch, and for good measure I set my "place block" key to an arrow key and found a way to keep that button pressed while I went to bed and slept that night. Sadly, the next morning was REALLY stressful, and finding out I was permanently terminated from factions didn't help. I basically threw my gatherings out the metaphorical window and ended up "salting the wounds" between me and Zainos not very long after.

Originally, if Zainos had not banned me, when the stressful crap from that morning passed, I would've sent him a private PM regarding the glitch, and the suspected abusers. I would've also opted to have my collected money reset for the sake of the economy, and well... I wouldn't be here making a long as heck apology post.

[I could've also just not deleted the screenshot in a fit of rage and tried to explain in a private post from there.]

I made a post during my rage revealing the glitch to the whole HHGN community like an absolute ***hole to get back at Zainos for banning me. (Geez, I was such a great person. *sarcasm*)

He snapped at me in private, and I lost my bearings entirely. Here's where the kicker comes in...

I was so infuriated at the time I made several threats oriented at Zainos and HHGN, and even tried to find a way enact those plans. (Not very smart on my end, but when we're younger, we do things we regret, yes?) After almost a year and practically no luck, I gave up and basically "hit the road".

tl;dr: I was banned for a glitch, the only evidence I had of "doing good" was deleted. Along with that, I made some empty threats. I should've kept the evidence, been the bigger person, and simply explained along with give a good written apology.

So, over the years, I have taken a little time here-and-there to think about just how much I did back in the day. (When the topic came up, that is, as some people still bring it up.) It was my first public server, first time really being "exposed" to the internet, and thus, there were things that I just generally didn't know. (shrugs)

I did some really stupid stuff, and it's only human error to make mistakes, no matter how big.

Zainos

I'm really sorry for being kind of a jerk to you, and exploiting your insecurities at the time. While I was mad and we both kind of "did a number" on each other, you didn't deserve all the treatment you got. I should've been the bigger person, apologized, and lived with what came after.

HHGN Community

I'm really sorry for never making an effort sooner to apologize, or even thoroughly explain my absence. Along with this, I'm sorry for exposing the glitch that kinda ruined the factions server. That was rather unfair of me to do.

I have changed over the years, as all humans have to "grow up", take responsibility, and learn. I've gone from holding grudges over petty situations to "picking my battles" wisely.

I haven't been mad at Zainos for over a year now. (Not even mad at him now, I'm actually apologetic towards him.) It wasn't worth my time holding a rather small grudge. Plus, the server didn't deserve whatever "wrath" I tried to concoct, too many innocent, non-involved people would be effected.

So in basic, I screwed up on monumental proportions, and I'm just looking to get a point across.

Not really looking to be unbanned from everything, either. (In case you thought that was my intent.)

I have read some of the old threads that you have made and I'm glad you apologized.

Zelistra

Trusted Member

Zainos

HHGN Community

I've never seen you so I have no idea what you did, when I joined HHG, Factions wasn't there. Anyways, that's not the point here. I'm glad that you learned your lesson, and yes, humans do make mistakes, and you learn from your mistakes as you grow up. And you don't have to regret for what you've done, mistakes are lessons. Regretting will only waste time, so look at your mistakes and try to not make them again :). I'd love to be your friend~

Maethoreril

I've never seen you so I have no idea what you did, when I joined HHG, Factions wasn't there. Anyways, that's not the point here. I'm glad that you learned your lesson, and yes, humans do make mistakes, and you learn from your mistakes as you grow up. And you don't have to regret for what you've done, mistakes are lessons. Regretting will only waste time, so look at your mistakes and try to not make them again :). I'd love to be your friend~

I never really said I "regretted" doing all this. Through all of this, I learned a very valuable lesson that took so long to register. (Mainly because I first was holding a grudge, and then I just forgot this all.) I highly doubt I'd make the same mistakes either.

Zelistra

Trusted Member
I never really said I "regretted" doing all this. Through all of this, I learned a very valuable lesson that took so long to register. (Mainly because I first was holding a grudge, and then I just forgot this all.) I highly doubt I'd make the same mistakes either.
Okay, gl on life

Maethoreril

Of course not lol, I say that to everyone. Life isn't easy, it's usually complicated, but it's totally worth to live it the way you want, good luck :)

Oh, thanks then. Yeah... life is what we make of it, and our mistakes make us who we are. (So I guess the mistakes I made 2 years ago helped me become who I am in a sense...)

ImTea

Retired Staff
Well congrats on making the right decision. I have been in this type of situation before and you think about so many things that lead to the ultimate decision of whether you should apologize or forget about it. I didn't personally witness this, but it's great to see you've thought about it for some time.

AppleGlacier

Retired Staff

Zainos

HHGN Community

I haven't known you at all but, I got to say you have gained my respect. It's not easy to admit you are wrong and apologize for things like this. People who can do what you just did gain my respect and I consider them mature people who have learned that it's better to resolve conflict than make it worse. So props to you on that.

Nootch

Trusted Member
Your actions would've made me really mad in the past but this apology would make me forgive you. This sincere apology shows that you're a truly good person, hope everything is going well for you. :)

Handeril

Thank you, to everyone, for the support. Along with that, a huge thanks to Zainos for accepting my apologies and bringing me back from "the grave".

_Bach_

Retired Staff
I always really appreciate seeing players recognize their wrongs, apologizing and moving on. I've heard about you Handeri, from old players mainly. Unfortunately, I did not join the server until nearly 2 years ago, which was after most of the factions stuff. Regardless, it's great to see an old player coming back.

Hope to see you more in the future. Peace man :)

Handeril

You may all see me sometime soon. It was kinda funny encountering Zainos face-to-face on the server again.

Kinda glad to see my legacy hasn't been forgotten after all this time, as well.