• We are now in Discord! Join our community discord for latest server news and more! You will also get a FREE RARE TREASURE when successfully linking your account! Join now, click here!
  • This portion of the forum has moved to Discord!

Global Hggn is Dying

Do you aggree?

• Yes

Votes: 31 81.6%
  • No

Votes: 7 18.4%

• Total voters

RobeeKid

Lets face it, Hggn is DYING.
So maybe we should...
1. Add new gamemodes.
2. Get Factions 2.0 out!!!
3. Update the most popular games most.
4. Just improve the server in general!
These are my suggestions if you don't want to do them that is fine.
But can the community please comment below to share suggestions and criticize a bit?
Please... because... Hggn is dying.
So lets save our once favorite server and make it the best server around!
Because we have room for 1500 players (I think!!) but only get around 210 players at a time.
So lets fill almost all of those 1500 player slots up with new gamemodes, exciting updates and more players!!!

_Smokescreen_

Retired Staff
Alright, time to extract your statements one by one.

1. Add new gamemodes.
We have plenty o' gamemodes, but personally and this has been brought up before, is that HHGN should have a plain good ol' vanilla survival server. No Plugins (except stuff such as AntiXray and anticheat etc.) because if HHGN had this I'd be on it 24/7

2. Get Factions 2.0 out!!!
This is in progression and it will take time, but it'll be out Soon(TM). Visit http://www.happy-hg.com/forum/threads/factions-sneak-peek.16488/ for information regarding Faction 2.0

3. Update the most popular games most.
Actually they have been getting some updates here and there; ALOT does happen behind the scenes but we do notify the players of what is new and what comes out, such as just recently creative got the addition of /p sethome and the anti-cheat got an update. Parkour I know is very popular and has about 45 parkours, over half of which are non-VIP parkours.

4. Just improve the server in general!
Well, we are doing that, but if you have suggestions leave some suggestions you think the community will enjoy and benefit from.

Please... because... Hggn is dying.
Well I'm positive that there are finals in America and exams n' all in other places around the world, the weekends usually get 200+ players and from that we can infer that players do not join HHGN during the weekdays simply because of school and personal life.

Trenly

Admin
Admin
Hggn might be dying, idk. Ive never been on Hggn. Is that the Happy Giant Games Network?

Jokes aside, HHGN is very much alive. I agree 100% with everything _Smokescreen_ said. Just because players may not be on when you are on doesnt mean it is dying. I see 100+ people on almost every night (yes, even weeknights) and during the weekends I usually see between two and three hundred people.

XV_Scorpion_VX

Retired Staff
Na I agree with this dude. While it may be true that there are the finals in US and GSCE's/A-Levels in UK and so on, on the weekends there ain't 200+ players on, I see it on my servers list and most of the time on weekends it's barely scraping 100, which isn't good for what the server can be like. As for weeknights it's around 70-80 which isn't too bad, it just isn't picking up on the weekends like before.

However while I agree with this guy in that HHG is dying, I don't agree with the reasons. The reason HHG is dying is because the server in general is getting dry. There isn't the flare and excitement that there used to be as gamemodes like PvP role on as they have done for ages now and not much has been done to improve it. Then we have gamemodes like SG which already have died, and not much is being done to improve it. Plus and I know this is kinda hypocritical as I wanted it to come out asap myself but the SCBB update was launched at the wrong time. If it were launched right at the start of summer the gamemode would've attracted people as they were flowing in as they come out of school (As the target market for HHG players is 12-16 year olds on average) and the gamemode would fill up more with people recommending it and stuff, then they would look around the server and the server in general would swell up more.

My suggestions are simple. First thing is update all the gamemodes lacking in players, ask for suggestions on forums if you're unsure what to put in or take out or whatever. Try to get it ready for the summer then release the updated gamemodes about a week at a time. This will then do as I said before with SCBB and the server will fill up. In terms of factions, just keep working on it till ready there's really no rush for that. If possible done sometime in the summer would be ideal, but factions needs to be top notch before release.

Those are my suggestions, in a more structured and detailed explanation.

_Smokescreen_

Retired Staff
Na I agree with this dude. While it may be true that there are the finals in US and GSCE's/A-Levels in UK and so on, on the weekends there ain't 200+ players on, I see it on my servers list and most of the time on weekends it's barely scraping 100, which isn't good for what the server can be like. As for weeknights it's around 70-80 which isn't too bad, it just isn't picking up on the weekends like before.

However while I agree with this guy in that HHG is dying, I don't agree with the reasons. The reason HHG is dying is because the server in general is getting dry. There isn't the flare and excitement that there used to be as gamemodes like PvP role on as they have done for ages now and not much has been done to improve it. Then we have gamemodes like SG which already have died, and not much is being done to improve it. Plus and I know this is kinda hypocritical as I wanted it to come out asap myself but the SCBB update was launched at the wrong time. If it were launched right at the start of summer the gamemode would've attracted people as they were flowing in as they come out of school (As the target market for HHG players is 12-16 year olds on average) and the gamemode would fill up more with people recommending it and stuff, then they would look around the server and the server in general would swell up more.

My suggestions are simple. First thing is update all the gamemodes lacking in players, ask for suggestions on forums if you're unsure what to put in or take out or whatever. Try to get it ready for the summer then release the updated gamemodes about a week at a time. This will then do as I said before with SCBB and the server will fill up. In terms of factions, just keep working on it till ready there's really no rush for that. If possible done sometime in the summer would be ideal, but factions needs to be top notch before release.

Those are my suggestions, in a more structured and detailed explanation.
I like to think HHGN is not dying, and that when due summer time, it will revive with a lot of players, new and old. However, you are incorrect about the playerbase "scraping" 100 during the weekends, yes it may scrape that many players during our times during the day in the UK, but as for a vast majority of the players are American, they come on later after you had most likely fallen asleep. Though I do somewhat agree on your suggestions, the one I highly agree on that could benefit the server is having server polls on the server about what the community would like. I can't say what the poll(s) would be precisely about, however a server poll would be beneficial because a lot of the HHGN players are potentially not registered to the forums, so it stands to reason that it is more difficult to raise awareness of said suggestions here on the forums, and that server polls would be a bit more wiser.

Trenly

Admin
Admin
On the weekends there ain't 200+ players on, I see it on my servers list and most of the time on weekends it's barely scraping 100, which isn't good for what the server can be like. As for weeknights it's around 70-80 which isn't too bad, it just isn't picking up on the weekends like before.
As Travis said, you're in a different time zone than most people
You are incorrect about the playerbase "scraping" 100 during the weekends, yes it may scrape that many players during our times during the day in the UK, but as for a vast majority of the players are American, they come on later after you had most likely fallen asleep.
I see the most players on between 12 pm and 4 am your time, which is 7 pm to 11 pm eastern time in the US.

PenguinPeople

The minecraft community as a whole is much smaller than before. All servers have experienced activity drops, even the most popular ones.
While bigger servers are getting smaller they are still hitting over 500 minimum if not in the thousands no matter the time of day. We hit 200 on average on a good day for a couple hours. The problem is that these are mostly the same 200 people. Our retention rate isn't very good. We are simply being outshined by bigger servers with staff on full time, more game modes, and more players to fill up games faster.

SAFollis

Trusted Member
Server should downscale imo. Too many useless servers cluttering it up.
Like, we don't need 12 sg and 12 solo sg, maybe half those, they never get over half filled up,
bridges maybe only 2 servers, I never even see 1 server with anyone on anymore,
hitman could probably half the servers too, most I've seen on at once in a game is 3 of the servers, etc.

Adding more servers would just spread the players farther apart.
Also about the dying part of it, yeah it's not like it was with 900 people on, but that was for a couple of weeks, and it's mainly the community that's dying, there's still a few players, but it's being replaced by a different set of people. Server is just changing, not necessarily dying... the old community is very dead though.

XV_Scorpion_VX

Retired Staff
The minecraft community as a whole is much smaller than before. All servers have experienced activity drops, even the most popular ones.
Yeah this is another good point as well. Even the former most popular server nosedived for how many people on average are on. All servers are suffering with it, well I say all, all except a certain server starting with a H...
As Travis said, you're in a different time zone than most people

I see the most players on between 12 pm and 4 am your time, which is 7 pm to 11 pm eastern time in the US.
On the weekends I look on, yet I still see only about 120 players on last Saturday. I'll keep checking but as far as I can see it really isn't over 200 players still.

Dawsonas

You need to give Zainos some time to work on the factions. I'm sure he is very busy commonly and tries to do as much work as he can each day. Just be patient and give him some time to do the scripting for factions.

Tuut

Trusted Member
I truly believe hhgn is dead at the moment, but when factions comes out it will somewhat revive. For some reason I feel like it will attract new and older players. It may seem completely dead to most people because the pvp servers are dead. But creative and parlour r still runnin strong so I think that's why people for-see the whole server and community dead.

crybabyduke

Trusted Member
well be thankful theres atleast 50+ people who still play

also it could be going down because people are getting banned and muted
it will hopefully be going up soon or later because sUmmEr is coming !!

PenguinPeople

well be thankful theres atleast 50+ people who still play

also it could be going down because people are getting banned and muted
it will hopefully be going up soon or later because sUmmEr is coming !!
Summer won't have as big of an effect as everyone is thinking. People still have work and lots of people will be out of town. The only thing that will change will be the 200 player spike will change from 7 standard to a random time during the day

Trenly

Admin
Admin
This was taken on a Tuesday night. It is just to show that weeknights are not "70 or 80 players" and support my statement that I see more than 100 players on most weeknights:
9fecc16d4a2bfa46bcf8dd6c07babf4b.png

TheCheeseBear

can we get #HHGNisdying trending idk
and #HHGNFactions
Also can I make a point that if you go onto the vote site voting #2 you can find that happy hunger games is #8 by searching it in the search bar

Last edited:

RobeeKid

Well I do agree that the Minecraft community is smaller, and that even the most popular servers are slowly going down, but we are quickly going down. But lucky we still have some Minecraft diehards!

PenguinPeople

This was taken on a Tuesday night. It is just to show that weeknights are not "70 or 80 players" and support my statement that I see more than 100 players on most weeknights:
The 70-80 is an average, of course there will be outliers. but when our "busy days" like Saturday or Friday only have 200 that is the problem. HHG has always had the least amount of players on my server list, even more so since the decline started. Which begs the question, what can we do that the bigger servers aren't so we can increase our numbers?

Senzii

what can we do that the bigger servers aren't so we can increase our numbers?
In my opinions, I don't think the miss of players is coming from the server, we have good gamemodes, maps, staff, community. I think it's coming from the absence of communication. If you go on Youtube and look for "mc happy hg" there isn't a lot of videos from big youtubers like RadioJHAudrey,ChadAlan,Deadlox. I don't know if you guys remember, but when Huahwi did a video on the server there was 250-300 players connected for one day. The server need more communication, videos and sharing. ho and btw it would be a great idea to Translate hggn to others language like Spanish or French :)

Fry

Well even if it isn't dying, skywars one of the most popular places people went and used to be full over a month ago now has like 10 people playing on weekends...