• We are now in Discord! Join our community discord for latest server news and more! You will also get a FREE RARE TREASURE when successfully linking your account! Join now, click here!
  • This portion of the forum has moved to Discord!

Survival Games Zone 85

_Bach_

Retired Staff
I have read everything closely.
You would rather have a fistfight than many chests. That means you really hate the map, so if you don't like it, then leave Zone 85. Anyway, most of the community wouldn't like less chests, if not no chests. They aren't going to change it back to the original version just because you want it to be.

I think it's important to step back and look at a couple different factors.

FIRST- SG is meant to be a game where you can become more geared as time goes on, kill other players to obtain their gear, and try and be the last one standing. If you all want full iron armor, go to kit pvp and duke it out. SG and Skywars both thrive off of RARITY. This is KEY!

SECOND- Of course people want to vote for maps they can get easy loot on. Inexperienced players love getting full iron and feeling powerful... but is that really a good determination of what makes a good map?

THIRD- What makes a map "good". Well, a good survival games map should have
  • Good Variety
  • Good Detail
  • Good Chest Placement
  • A Good Theme

If a map is lacking in any of these, it gets to be a bad map. I personally am fine with having lots of chests IF THEY ARE HIDDEN. In Zone 85 they are lying around in the road! 1. This is unrealistic and looks silly 2. This makes the game SUPER easy to get geared. If they are hidden to the side/you have to work for them, it makes it more of a hunt and less of a mad dash.

FINALLY- Unitus did a great job revamping the map in many ways, but I disagree with the principle behind maps such as The Enterprise. Too many easy chests creates a bad QUALITY game. You don't get intense fights barely making it alive and getting new gear... it's a totally different principle.

I think it's important to have maps that offer a quality game experience that really upholds what the Hunger Games is all about, and when the chests are studded across the roads, I think it reduces that quality, not adds to it :)

Thats just my thoughts on it, not any official HHG philosophy xD I tend to think Trenly and Anchezz agree, from what I've read above :)

Trenly

Admin
Admin
I think it's important to step back and look at a couple different factors.

FIRST- SG is meant to be a game where you can become more geared as time goes on, kill other players to obtain their gear, and try and be the last one standing. If you all want full iron armor, go to kit pvp and duke it out. SG and Skywars both thrive off of RARITY. This is KEY!

SECOND- Of course people want to vote for maps they can get easy loot on. Inexperienced players love getting full iron and feeling powerful... but is that really a good determination of what makes a good map?

THIRD- What makes a map "good". Well, a good survival games map should have
  • Good Variety
  • Good Detail
  • Good Chest Placement
  • A Good Theme

If a map is lacking in any of these, it gets to be a bad map. I personally am fine with having lots of chests IF THEY ARE HIDDEN. In Zone 85 they are lying around in the road! 1. This is unrealistic and looks silly 2. This makes the game SUPER easy to get geared. If they are hidden to the side/you have to work for them, it makes it more of a hunt and less of a mad dash.

FINALLY- Unitus did a great job revamping the map in many ways, but I disagree with the principle behind maps such as The Enterprise. Too many easy chests creates a bad QUALITY game. You don't get intense fights barely making it alive and getting new gear... it's a totally different principle.

I think it's important to have maps that offer a quality game experience that really upholds what the Hunger Games is all about, and when the chests are studded across the roads, I think it reduces that quality, not adds to it :)

Thats just my thoughts on it, not any official HHG philosophy xD I tend to think Trenly and Anchezz agree, from what I've read above :)
10/10