• Note: We are accepting any kind of map. However, we are specifically looking for Jigsaw Levels and Parkour maps. Therefore, your arena may have a higher chance to be accepted if it's for once of those game-modes, as long as it meets our Map Criteria.
  • We are now in Discord! Join our community discord for latest server news and more! You will also get a FREE RARE TREASURE when successfully linking your account! Join now, click here!

Accepted Wither's Uprising

Status
Not open for further replies.

imtotallychris

Retired Staff
  • Name: imtotallychris
  • Difficulty: Hard
  • Length: Long
  • Checkpoints: 11 checkpoints
The map can be viewed across three plots (/p v imtotallychris 7 & 8) and (/p v Pandano 24)

The parkour itself starts in /p v imtotallychris 7. I added a path of hay bales to take you to the start. My 8th plot is where the end of the parkour is and the withers. Pandano's 24th is the map's spawn point (inside the house).

The map does require some assembly because we couldn't fit it all in one plot. If it is accepted we will need to place one extra block, paste the withers on all sides and put the map spawn within reasonable distance.

PLACEHOLDERS:
- white glass = barriers
- prismarine = checkpoints

Any feedback would be appreciated, especially with any barrier issues :)o_O:cool::rolleyes:

Trenly

Admin
Admin
My apologies that I haven't been able to review this yet, I will take a look at this more closely sometime this week hopefully.

Trenly

Admin
Admin
While the concept is great, I think the map would really benefit from having a sense of direction. The very first part where you're in the house and have to make your way through the little caves is great. I would even recommend making it so you have to parkour from the stairs of the house to the stairs of the fist cave. It would be a great use of the space and make it so you aren't running across a full plot needlessly. Without that parkour there, you may as well have had them spawn in the start of the first cave. Since, although the rest of the first plot looks great, it really adds no value to the parkour.

The withers themselves are great. I love the way you incorporated the parkour into them and have a clear storyline. I also love the terrain of the nether section you have. After I saw the first plot I was able to immediately recognize that Cursus made the terrain, and I expected great things from the rest of the terrain. I was not disappointed there!

The hardest part about this map is figuring out where to go. I spent 10 minutes trying to figure out where to go after the dropper, and got lost multiple times. I then went to one of the checkpoints to try and see if there was something I was missing, but no, I still had a very difficult time figuring out the path. There is just so much going on in this map that the carpets and arrows get lost in the background. While you may have a great sense of where to go, you made the parkour. Having never seen the map, it was more confusing than other parkours that I already receive complaints about the path not being clear enough. You shouldn't need an arrow after every 4-10 jumps telling you where to go. It should be clear enough by the design of the parkour. A little bit of added direction through arrows is fine, especially in spots that are confusing or where there are barriers, but this parkour just feels way too confusing. I like the theme, and I like the look of the map, but the parkour path needs to be drastically improved before I can accept this map.

As a side note, with a parkour like this that interweaves with many different elements, it is extremely difficult to test for any shortcuts or skips. If you do decide to rework the path, I would suggest being 100% sure there are no shortcuts.

imtotallychris

Retired Staff
We fixed the parkour now, it should be much more clearer. Removed a majority of heads and carpets.

Added a parkour in the starting area.

Gold ore = lava *

Trenly

Admin
Admin
I took my time and went through each and every jump in the parkour. While the path is much clearer, there are so many places which it looks like you can jump that are blocked with barriers, that many of the deaths that would have happened would be extremely unfair. In addition, there are multiple places that you can fall in between the glass panes and be unable to get out. These would require the player to go back to their checkpoint, even though they didn't make any wrong jumps. The damage boost jumps are well placed, being the first jumps after checkpoints, but if a player is lagging at all, or has a poor connection it could make these jumps quite literally impossible. The same can be said about the jumps where there are half slabs inset into the lava. There are already numerous complaints about dungeon 6 and clipping the lava there, and these jumps are even more likely to catch fire even if you don't actually clip the lava. Again, for players who do not have great computers, these jumps then become nearly impossible. Its not like other parkours where you can just adjust the timing of your jumps to sort of account for any visual lag since damage ticks can become almost random.

Although the visual aspects of the map are good, the technical implementations of the parkour would need to be improved.

Status
Not open for further replies.