• We are now in Discord! Join our community discord for latest server news and more! You will also get a FREE RARE TREASURE when successfully linking your account! Join now, click here!
  • This portion of the forum has moved to Discord!

Forums Using Gyazo for chat reports

Should players be able to use Gyazo to report chat issues?

• Yes, we should!

Votes: 4 100.0%
  • No, keep the report rules as they are now.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Subspace

*This isn't a requirement, but I think it should be allowed to use Gyazo image capture to report the chat, as long as you screenshot the entire chat as someone is breaking rules.
I just find it a pain that you have to take a screenshot, go to .minecraft, find your screenshot through the tons you have, and upload it as 'raw proof,' when there is absolutely no point of capturing the rest of your screen.
So, I suggest getting Gyazo, which is way better for chat reports.

Why it's better!
-It's an app on your dashboard, you get it online.
-Easy to use.
-All screenshots open a new tab in your web browser instead of adding itself to a program file, creating easy navigation.
-Quicker and more efficient reports will be sent in so there is no time gap between the offense and the upload, unless the reporter is busy and/or lazy!
-Gyazo also has an app known as Gyazo GIF, which can be used to record short clips of hackers using killaura and/or no-slow instead of having to buy expensive recording softwares. You can convert the made gifs into MP4 videos too!

How to use it, when installed:
-Open the image capture while ingame, after opening your chat or unlocking your mouse (Being able to make the cursor go around the screen while in minecraft)
- Pull out a square, as if you were making a highlight box, and release left click when you have the right dimensions for the entire chat.
-It will open a new tab on your browser. Go to it to access the image.
-Copy the link, and paste it in your report.
-DONE!

Why am I even making a thread about this? Well, last time I used it, my report on the player was flat out denied. Which means, the player got away with saying this in chat:
https://gyazo.com/b5f52aef159e5c9398d9f3d912cbda40
https://gyazo.com/9d8c63f363c3435f351c0e9f28eb7882

I took a picture of the entire chat, there were no provocations, but he was really going at it. Yet still, "raw proof" is needed. Even a new forums user can see why that is unfair, but that's the current server rules.

TL;DR? Well, to summarize, we aren't able to use a quick and efficient tool that could be exploited to the fullest for catching rule-breakers. What we need is this app!

Subspace

I have used gyazo to report players before
Who said it wasn't allowed?
Isn't this already allowed.

And, I prefer lightshot (prnt.sc) C:
Isn't this already a thing?

Besides, I use imgur

As for all of you, I was told it was not allowed by multiple mods (not giving names out due to privacy) and that I had to screenshot my whole screen. It's apparently considered 'cropping'

Svh

As for all of you, I was told it was not allowed by multiple mods (not giving names out due to privacy) and that I had to screenshot my whole screen. It's apparently considered 'cropping'

You do.
Experienced this before.

It could be a faked out thing and you may be hiding a hacked client.

_Smokescreen_

Retired Staff
As it says on the 'Player reports' section on the forums for 'read before posting' "> Your thread will also be deleted if you fail to use the template given OR if you CROP any of the screenshots proof given." Implying you can use any software such as gyazo, imgur etc but not to take just a certain area of your screen, as Trenly said capture the whole screen :)