• We are now in Discord! Join our community discord for latest server news and more! You will also get a FREE RARE TREASURE when successfully linking your account! Join now, click here!
  • This portion of the forum has moved to Discord!

Forums Survival World

Status
Not open for further replies.

EPICMATT88

Trusted Member
This would be nice, I know that everyone is gonna say "but factions is coming soon" and that "skyblock is the same thing" but this could be a more friendly alternative experience for those that want to play survival but may not like the intensity of factions.

_Smokescreen_

Retired Staff
tbh I've always thought of having just a world where it could be similar to anarchy but still enforce the rules on a plain vanilla survival world. Maybe add some stuff in but I've always personally thought of having a vanilla world just on the server for people to enjoy together. Just my imagination though xD

__Joni

i Like this idea, to just play Vanilla survival with your friends building things, making redstone maschines or doing other things :3

Joni696
HHG Builder

MineJam

Retired Staff
well the thing is, you can't randomize a spawn and guarantee it will be an untouched spawn location. And of course there is always X-Rayers n stuff.

_Smokescreen_

Retired Staff
well the thing is, you can't randomize a spawn and guarantee it will be an untouched spawn location. And of course there is always X-Rayers n stuff.
X-rayers can be found with enough evidence, just takes time ya know. Also an untouched spawn is ew for me ;-; I don't want any protection on a pure vanilla half anarchy world :p

MineJam

Retired Staff
X-rayers can be found with enough evidence, just takes time ya know. Also an untouched spawn is ew for me ;-; I don't want any protection on a pure vanilla half anarchy world :p
I'm talking about being able to spawn and not spawn in a griefed part of the world. I'm sure there would be a border and it be pre rendered for the lag. An untouched spawn is necessary so you don't spawn in lava or a huge pit that someone created with tnt.

EPICMATT88

Trusted Member
I'm talking about being able to spawn and not spawn in a griefed part of the world. I'm sure there would be a border and it be pre rendered for the lag. An untouched spawn is necessary so you don't spawn in lava or a huge pit that someone created with tnt.
It can also be a safe place to trade, I remember the first survival server I played didn't have that and it was hard to trade without getting murdered .

_Smokescreen_

Retired Staff
I'd rather have say, a spawn radius of about 1000 by 1000 blocks, that would be very suitable for avoiding a lot of the stuff that could happen. Maybe 500 x 500 who knows.

SAFollis

Trusted Member
Some hacks can bypass that but it would help with the free hacks n stuff.
Not necessarily,
Make one that replaces all ores (and other desired things) outside of a visible range for the player, into stone, but only for that player.
Then, once they can see it, show them what is really there.
There's no way any hack can get through that, as the server is sending false information.

Of course, that'd be complicated and I'm not too sure if it exists.

So if there's diamond above a player, but it's not visible, tell their client it is stone. Once they can see the diamond, tell the client it is diamond.

MineJam

Retired Staff
When I used to Xray a server had that but not all diamonds disappeared. I would see a strip so I would mine towards it, and find diamonds on the way that my client couldn't pick up.

Status
Not open for further replies.