• We are now in Discord! Join our community discord for latest server news and more! You will also get a FREE RARE TREASURE when successfully linking your account! Join now, click here!
  • This portion of the forum has moved to Discord!

Creative Spheres

Should spheres be brought back for Mockingjays?

• Yes

Votes: 2 28.6%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • NO.

Votes: 3 42.9%
  • YES!!!

Votes: 2 28.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Omnisent

Trusted Member
Spheres are not allowed in Creative for Mockingjays-, and I really want to have them back. I need them in a HG map I'm making and other people would like them too

sgtnickjames

Retired Staff
Many Mockingjays (Jr mods at the time) used spheres, and a large number of world edit commands to crash creative. I don't see Zainos agreeing with this.

Gaby1129

I think we should bring it back, if it crashes creative then there should be a limit of how big you can make your sphere.

Omnisent

Trusted Member
I think we should bring it back, if it crashes creative then there should be a limit of how big you can make your sphere.
Yeah, I think that should be the case. Bring back spheres, and see what happens. If it crashes the server, reduce the limit, if that crashes it, than no spheres. Basically a win win.

imtotallychris

Retired Staff
Yes, I disagree. Sorry Mocking Jay's, but with the limitation of 1,000 and a sphere size of 3 it was still catastrophic. If Zainos does decide to bring back powerful worldedit commands expect major limitation such as, 1-3 radius only, solid blocks only, etc.

Gaby1129

Yes, I disagree. Sorry Mocking Jay's, but with the limitation of 1,000 and a sphere size of 3 it was still catastrophic. If Zainos does decide to bring back powerful worldedit commands expect major limitation such as, 1-3 radius only, solid blocks only, etc.
I know staff get sphere, doesn't it crash creative too?

Gaby1129

No, staff don't use world edit as much as you think. Only 2 staff members are active in creative (Icy and myself) and we do not use /sphere. We use voxel sniper.
Xtrembob (changed name) used to use sphere, he did it for my plot in plots world

imtotallychris

Retired Staff
Yes, but staff do not overdue it. They are educated with commands and if they crash creative they know they have a consequence to pay :)

Some Mocking Jay donors are not educated properly and may be under-aged and they do random commands. We are not going to take any chances.

Trenly

Admin
Admin
I would tend to agree with imtotallychris . Even on my gaming laptop with plenty of ram and processing, a hollow sphere of a solid vanilla block with a maximum radius of five takes forever to load. It must be quite hard for a server, running multiple functions at once, to keep up, especially if two people happen to do it relatively close to the same time.

Omnisent

Trusted Member
Lol I didn't know you really cared about this. I'll try to bring them back in a safe way
Really? With World Edit I know there are many commands that can be abused, overused, etc. and I figured the spheres is kinda like making a wall with it. However, if there is a way to reduce the sphere limit to something like 5 or so, I'm sure that wouldn't kill the server.

SAFollis

Trusted Member
Also radii (radius plural) of 2-5 aren't big... It makes a sphere 4-10 blocks big (4x4x4 to 10x10x10).
Also I think //hsphere would be better than //sphere . That way there aren't as many blocks being generated, saving a bit more lag

Trenly

Admin
Admin
Also radii (radius plural) of 2-5 aren't big... It makes a sphere 4-10 blocks big (4x4x4 to 10x10x10).
Also I think //hsphere would be better than //sphere . That way there aren't as many blocks being generated, saving a bit more lag
Exactly

Zainos

Owner, Founder and Lead Developer
Owner
Staff Manager
Okay, //hsphere is back! With a maximium Radius of 5!
Enjoy!!!

Zainos

Owner, Founder and Lead Developer
Owner
Staff Manager
Sorry I had to remove it again as Creative Server just crashed and lagged really bad due to many people doing //hsphere. Sorry but we won't have it back

- Topic Locked

Status
Not open for further replies.