• We are now in Discord! Join our community discord for latest server news and more! You will also get a FREE RARE TREASURE when successfully linking your account! Join now, click here!

Spam bots on the forums

Ivy_

Just a heads up to the staff, I have noticed some spam bots on the forums. They all have similar names starting with J and have weird, probably unsafe links set as the occupation. Same of the bots names if you want to remove to accounts are Jzx, Jxc, Jti, Jxi, Jcm and Jgg. There are probably more but thats all I could find through the new members section. Here are some photos of the accounts.

Screen Shot 2017-11-03 at 8.23.39 AM.png
Screen Shot 2017-11-03 at 8.28.21 AM.png
Screen Shot 2017-11-03 at 8.28.02 AM.png

Ivy_

You should like report this or something
I don't know. I haven't found all the accounts so it wouldn't really be much use if we can't get them all deleted. This is just a heads up incase they start to multiple and become a problem. Right now they really aren't doing much to hurt us because they are sort of in the shadows at the moment and no one else has really seemed to notice them.

Zelistra

Trusted Member
I don't know. I haven't found all the accounts so it wouldn't really be much use if we can't get them all deleted. This is just a heads up incase they start to multiple and become a problem. Right now they really aren't doing much to hurt us because they are sort of in the shadows at the moment and no one else has really seemed to notice them.
But the staff members see reports, in fact I don't think they even have to come to off topic

Trenly

Admin
Admin
But the staff members see reports, in fact I don't think they even have to come to off topic
I can only speak for myself here, But I read every new thread here on forums. I would venture to guess that other staff members also read many of the posts here on forums, and do not solely handle reports.

Zelistra

Trusted Member
I can only speak for myself here, But I read every new thread here on forums. I would venture to guess that other staff members also read many of the posts here on forums, and do not solely handle reports.
Well yeah about half of them reads every thread, but I just feel like most staff members reply to report faster than the section of forums where there's nothing important

cStella

Retired Staff
in fact I don't think they even have to come to off topic
Well yeah about half of them reads every thread

Why bother writing statements without any facts behind them?

I just feel like most staff members reply to report faster than the section of forums where there's nothing important

If it's nothing important, then why would they need to reply....that doesn't mean they didn't read it.

pofoproud

Trusted Member
Well yeah about half of them reads every thread, but I just feel like most staff members reply to report faster than the section of forums where there's nothing important
i feel like staff replies here faster than reports [sense theres like 100s of reports and only like 5 threads a day]

Zelistra

Trusted Member
Why bother writing statements without any facts behind them?

If it's nothing important, then why would they need to reply....that doesn't mean they didn't read it.
That was not a statement, sorry I didn't make it clear, it's just what I see. Also I literally said it while quoting Trenly, but if you wanna think I said it behind them then okay, keep your opinion

i feel like staff replies here faster than reports [sense theres like 100s of reports and only like 5 threads a day]
Idk my player reports were always answered in less than a day, usually within a few hours