• We are now in Discord! Join our community discord for latest server news and more! You will also get a FREE RARE TREASURE when successfully linking your account! Join now, click here!
  • This portion of the forum has moved to Discord!

Skywars Smaller maps

cStella

Retired Staff
I'd like to re suggest a suggestion that was brought up a month ago...

Also, please consider adding the option to skip the larger maps. I often play in the morning, when there are less than 5 players on, and nothing is more infuriating than getting stuck with a 16 player map that never starts.
All in all, this is one of my favorite SkyWars server, there's just a couple of things that detract from actually getting to play the game itself which would be major negatives for new players.

Right now the Skywars community is almost non existent :( Unfortunately, one of the reasons for this happening is that when a few players do finally show up, there is usually only one map available and that map is a 16 or 18 player one. When there aren't enough players, the game never starts. This waiting time can sometimes be close to 8-10 minutes and by that time the players are aggravated and have made plans to all meet up at another server. If smaller maps were available then there's maybe a chance of people staying when they get there because they know they will have more in-game time.

I'm suggesting to maybe bring back the smaller maps that were taken out recently or just rotate the existing smaller ones? I'm not sure how it all works but is there a way to only have the bigger maps on the weekend rotations until the SkyWars community (hopefully) builds back up again?

EPICMATT88

Trusted Member

Right now the Skywars community is almost non existent :( Unfortunately, one of the reasons for this happening is that when a few players do finally show up, there is usually only one map available and that map is a 16 or 18 player one. When there aren't enough players, the game never starts. This waiting time can sometimes be close to 8-10 minutes and by that time the players are aggravated and have made plans to all meet up at another server. If smaller maps were available then there's maybe a chance of people staying when they get there because they know they will have more in-game time.

I'm suggesting to maybe bring back the smaller maps that were taken out recently or just rotate the existing smaller ones? I'm not sure how it all works but is there a way to only have the bigger maps on the weekend rotations until the SkyWars community (hopefully) builds back up again?
I'm currently working on a 8 person skywars map. The islands are big and the spawn islands aren't exactly close together but there will be another row of islands and those will be close to each other and mid. I hope that if I can finish my map that it'll be good for the skywars community.

xoethqn

I'm suggesting to maybe bring back the smaller maps that were taken out recently or just rotate the existing smaller ones? I'm not sure how it all works but is there a way to only have the bigger maps on the weekend rotations until the SkyWars community (hopefully) builds back up again?[/QUOTE

i think that the count down should go back to how it was before the update. because when a person repeatedly joins and leaves, it annoys the players because the time resets every single time they join.

Agent

Or just bring back the old version where you could start with only 2 players as a second skywars. Or make a second gateway in the spawn area that goes into "small skywars".

I have to admit I liked the old one because of no OP weapons, needing to have some crafting skills (make your own bow), and fall damage was real. I like the new one, too, but it's just a different game.

SAFollis

Trusted Member
bump bump ;)
it's already d e d I'm sorry :'c
upload_2017-5-23_19-24-2.png

_Smokescreen_

Retired Staff
Zainos when you can maybe make it so there's always at least a small map to be played on, if it is not too much to ask :p

I know this is a dead thread, however this really does need to be implemented otherwise when there are only a few players on Skywars, they may not be able to play the game at all.

EPICMATT88

Trusted Member
I'm currently working on a 8 person skywars map. The islands are big and the spawn islands aren't exactly close together but there will be another row of islands and those will be close to each other and mid. I hope that if I can finish my map that it'll be good for the skywars community.
That moment when I said it would be small but it turns out to be huge XD.

Zainos

Owner, Founder and Lead Developer
Owner
Staff Manager
No problem, glad someone noticed it ;)
Games will now start with less people (2 required for 8 player arenas and 3 for 12 player arenas)
Yaya, I heard about the new change to make the games start faster :) Thanks Zainos !
(oh and I know you're busy but when you have time ;) ;) http://www.happy-hg.com/forum/threads/kill-counter.18603/ )
l
It's in my to-do list but it's not a big priority cuz it's a very small change. It will be done, eventually.