• We are now in Discord! Join our community discord for latest server news and more! You will also get a FREE RARE TREASURE when successfully linking your account! Join now, click here!
  • This portion of the forum has moved to Discord!

Creative Rp mode idea

Sounds like a good idea?

• Yes

Votes: 5 100.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Needs tweaking (state what needs tweaking)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

EPICMATT88

Trusted Member
Have you ever been in an Rp or talking with people on your plot in Rp mode? Do you not like the constant flow of messages in the normal chat interfering with you conversation (I know I don't)? Then this idea is one for you. My suggestion is that when you enter Rp mode that a button in chat will appear giving you the option of silencing the global creative chat. Therefore making you able to hear only what's on your plot. Please note that turning off global chat during Rp is optional and that you may just leave it by not clicking the button in chat. I thought this would be a good idea for impatient and easily annoyed people like me and also good for YouTubers on the server.

Zelistra

Trusted Member
Though I don't really play rp, but this sounds like a great idea! I use /rp a lot but not for playing rp, just messing around with friends. I love this idea

EPICMATT88

Trusted Member
Yah Im the same way I don't RP nearly at all but I do turn it on so I don't have to constantly private message everyone on my plot.

cStella

Retired Staff
My suggestion is that when you enter Rp mode that a button in chat will appear giving you the option of silencing the global creative chat. Therefore making you able to hear only what's on your plot.

I think this is a great idea although wouldn't this be similar to /ignore which would allow you to not see what other players are saying?
If so, today Trenly said in another post :
"Zainos himself said that /ignore will never be added.
http://www.happy-hg.com/forum/threads/bring-find-and-ignore-back.14085/#post-75198 "

EPICMATT88

Trusted Member

cStella

Retired Staff
This is not exactly like ignore though. Because it doesn't permanently block anyone from talking to you and it's easy to turn off.

this be similar to /ignore

Yes, I said similar, not exactly =) I realize that you are not suggesting to permanently block anyone. The point being that while you are temporarily in the RP mode that you suggested, you would not be able to see what other players outside of your RP are saying. The effect would then be similar to /ignore which wouldn't be beneficial for the server as Smokescreen explained earlier ...

"I disagree with this suggestion for a few reasons. One includes that we want to PROMOTE players to REPORT other players who have broken the rules and as such if you ignore them, they can continue doing so and you would have no idea (if you do not know how to report a player there are guides) about it, letting the player commit a rule without having the consequence which is not tolerated."

Last edited:

EPICMATT88

Trusted Member
Yes, I said similar, not exactly =) I realize that you are not suggesting to permanently block anyone. The point being that while you are temporarily in the RP mode that you suggested, you would not be able to see what other players outside of your RP are saying. The effect would be then be similar to /ignore which wouldn't be beneficial for the server as Smokescreen explained earlier...

"I disagree with this suggestion for a few reasons. One includes that we want to PROMOTE players to REPORT other players who have broken the rules and as such if you ignore them, they can continue doing so and you would have no idea (if you do not know how to report a player there are guides) about it, letting the player commit a rule without having the consequence which is not tolerated."
This idea is to not ignore those whom are breaking the rules like you had said. This is to clear your chat a bit and make it easier to communicate with people you WANT to communicate with.

cStella

Retired Staff
That was a quote from Smokescreen. I couldn't put it in a quote box because thread is now locked

cStella

Retired Staff
Don't get me wrong EPICMATT88, I loved your idea and was also hoping it could be a possibility ~ but when I saw a few threads about /ignore, I thought this might be too similar in end result.

javathor

Have you ever been in an Rp or talking with people on your plot in Rp mode? Do you not like the constant flow of messages in the normal chat interfering with you conversation (I know I don't)? Then this idea is one for you. My suggestion is that when you enter Rp mode that a button in chat will appear giving you the option of silencing the global creative chat. Therefore making you able to hear only what's on your plot. Please note that turning off global chat during Rp is optional and that you may just leave it by not clicking the button in chat. I thought this would be a good idea for impatient and easily annoyed people like me and also good for YouTubers on the server.
that sounds like a cool idea because whenever i do a RP the chat kinda blocks text in rp mode i did a rp today and i had to scroll all the way up to see what their latest text was