• We are now in Discord! Join our community discord for latest server news and more! You will also get a FREE RARE TREASURE when successfully linking your account! Join now, click here!
  • This portion of the forum has moved to Discord!

Forums Player Reports

cStella

Retired Staff
I overheard a convo the other day on the server saying something like, "you have over 200 messages but only 50 likes, how is that possible". What I don't think that some people understand is that not all messages are posted on the public part of the Forum, they could also be confidential player reports as well, therefore they will not get a "like".

So I had a thought ... since getting "likes" is a quest for some Forum members, would it be possible to receive a "like" for every approved player report that we turn in? Might be an extra incentive for the members to create player reports and help out?

Trenly

Admin
Admin
I don't think there should be any form of reward for player reports.

Although on the topic of likes: I think that profile posts should be included in message counts. It annoys me when I see someone have 500 messages and 2500+ likes, simply because its all on profile posts.

Viperstrike

Trusted Member

Although on the topic of likes: I think that profile posts should be included in message counts. It annoys me when I see someone have 500 messages and 2500+ likes, simply because its all on profile posts.
^

MistTheSnitch

Trusted Member

me

But yeah, I agree, profile posts should be included as well

cStella

Retired Staff

Trenly

Admin
Admin
and yet you seem to enjoy any form of reward...
:)

Trenly
_Smokescreen_ Thirteen alerts all from this guy! Thanks Smoke!
Today at 12:21 AM Report
Like Comment
  1. _Smokescreen_ likes this.

2. _Smokescreen_
    Liked And Subscribed ;) Wait this isn't YT...

jk xD Anyway np! Lots and lots of reports... :) Love 'em
    Today at 12:23 AM Report

3. Trenly
    Too bad i have to make reports
    Today at 12:28 AM Report
Thats not a reward. I got thirteen alerts from him responding to the threads. https://gyazo.com/0a93cd9673a373eeeefb0fe5ee0b346e

Last edited:

cStella

Retired Staff
Thanks, I understood what he was responding to XD
I guess I was just confused as to why you would make a post and even screen shot normal staff responses to player reports unless you were feeling somehow rewarded by all the alerts. Anyway, moving on....

Trenly

Admin
Admin
Thanks, I understood what he was responding to XD
I guess I was just confused as to why you would make a post and even screen shot normal staff responses to player reports unless you were feeling somehow rewarded by all the alerts. Anyway, moving on....
I made a post on his profile because I wanted to thank him for doing his job. The screenshot is because if you somehow thought that I would feel rewarded just because a staff responded to my threads that would be a ridiculous thought. Therefore, I figured that you assumed that it was 13 likes, which it wasn't

Zelistra

Trusted Member
I feel like that the posts in player reports/punishment disputes shouldn't count as "messages". Because I don't want too many messages but I report players, so.. Yeah :p

cStella

Retired Staff
I feel like that the posts in player reports/punishment disputes shouldn't count as "messages". Because I don't want too many messages but I report players, so.. Yeah :p

The player reports are included in your number of messages.

Is the reason that you don't want too many messages because you don't want the number of messages to outnumber the number of likes you have? What I was suggesting would help that.

but RIP this post, I'm over it XD

Last edited:

q3hardcore

Retired Staff
Likes on a forum may give some indication as to whether or not a member is actually making a meaningful contribution.

cStella

Retired Staff
Not sure why, but likes and followers do matter to some people (not everyone) on here as well. I mean, just look around at the posts - it's always being mentioned, no?
Anyway, some people do look at it as a personal goal or competition, it was set up that way

Last edited: