• We are now in Discord! Join our community discord for latest server news and more! You will also get a FREE RARE TREASURE when successfully linking your account! Join now, click here!
  • This portion of the forum has moved to Discord!

Kit PvP Nerfing Link

Rick

I know that by the title of this thread I sound like a salty player who has had to deal with a person using the kit Link on me. But I have the kit myself and even I believe that the kit overpowers a significant amount of other kits . I'm sure lots of other people who haven't donated will agree with me but it's the Admins and Zaino's choice on whether the kit needs a change or not.

And if you're considering this let me give you my opinion on the nerf-

Health-Decreased to 20 hearts (It takes way to long to kill Link) (From 30)

Sword- Decrease fire aspect to 1 (From 2)
Decrease sharpness to 2 (From 3)

Bow- Decrease power to 4 (From 5)
Get rid of the Infinity enchantment (Give 64 arrows) (Bowspam is a big problem with this kit)

Deku Nuts- Decrease the blindness time to 5 seconds (from 10) (The blindness mixed with slowness is just too much for certain kits)

Hammer- This is fine I don't see any changes being made to the hammer

Hook- Decrease number of enderpearls to 25 (From 32) (Constant teleportation give too big of an advantage)

All armor- I don't see any changes being made to the protection 3 armor.

Fairies- Offer less soups but they heal 1 heart more than usual

Remember this is my opinion and if you don't agree with me just reply to this thread and I'll try to answer questions as quickly as I can. I'm not making a poll for this because I want this to be a decision made by the owner, helpers and admins.

AlaskanSkies

As I've said before, I definitely think Link should be nerfed. Being a PvP player but not very familiar with it, I'll let others judge the fairness of the exact changes you suggested, but they look pretty good to me! :p

iwasakoala

I argee, i play pvp most of the time, and i cannot kill anyone with link nor can my friends, who use Bm and op kits

Rick

If Link is going to be weakened, the sword should have the Knockback enchantment removed.

If knockback is removed then the possibility for combos is even greater which is why I didn't mention knockback in my list

Fu3rza

I hope everyone knows it won't be nerfed bc pvp is just basically op kits or you lose at this point

XV_Scorpion_VX

Retired Staff
In honesty all I think Link needs as a Nerf is for the bow to have 64 arrows instead of infinity and the health to be 20 hearts. (As you've listed, however the other things you've said I don't think need to happen, the health and the bow-spamming are the main problems with Link)
I want this to be a decision made by the owner, helpers and admins.
Dude, no. Honestly this is not something that the staff team needs to decide on, it is not their decision. The decision making for this should go to the players, the ones who get down in the arena and play PvP and against this kit, the staff's duties are concerning the running of the server in terms of players not hacking, behaving and not breaking other chat rules. The staff are for the majority of the time not playing PvP, so it should be up to the players to say if it needs nerfing or not.
If Link is going to be weakened, the sword should have the Knockback enchantment removed.
Na bro, taking away the KB will make link more powerful, that's why it's easy enough to kill God, because Gods can only hit you back and can't get combos on anyone, that's why God doesn't do very much damage despite having an extremely powerful weapon. With how powerful Link's sword is taking away the KB would make it super powered as it could kill anyone who actually fights back in a 4+ combo.

In honesty though I think the kit that needs nerfing the most in PvP is BlackMamba, I'll make a thread on it and other nerfs, including Link actually.

Trenly

Admin
Admin
In honesty all I think Link needs as a Nerf is for the bow to have 64 arrows instead of infinity and the health to be 20 hearts. (As you've listed, however the other things you've said I don't think need to happen, the health and the bow-spamming are the main problems with Link)

Dude, no. Honestly this is not something that the staff team needs to decide on, it is not their decision. The decision making for this should go to the players, the ones who get down in the arena and play PvP and against this kit, the staff's duties are concerning the running of the server in terms of players not hacking, behaving and not breaking other chat rules. The staff are for the majority of the time not playing PvP, so it should be up to the players to say if it needs nerfing or not.

Na bro, taking away the KB will make link more powerful, that's why it's easy enough to kill God, because Gods can only hit you back and can't get combos on anyone, that's why God doesn't do very much damage despite having an extremely powerful weapon. With how powerful Link's sword is taking away the KB would make it super powered as it could kill anyone who actually fights back in a 4+ combo.

In honesty though I think the kit that needs nerfing the most in PvP is BlackMamba, I'll make a thread on it and other nerfs, including Link actually.
you forget people have been begging for black mamba to be nerfed for many months

XV_Scorpion_VX

Retired Staff
you forget people have been begging for black mamba to be nerfed for many months
Ik, but I'm still not done with saying it needs nerfing, Zain actually said a while back he would make a thread for kits to be nerfed and would judge if the suggestions would be a good idea or not.