• We are now in Discord! Join our community discord for latest server news and more! You will also get a FREE RARE TREASURE when successfully linking your account! Join now, click here!

Mini-Rant (opinionated).

aesome_crafter

Ok, im going to have a rant so please do give your opinions and answers, also, just want to see your opinions on this matter so please don't hate.

You all know that when you accidentally promote a server you get off with a warning correct? and of course if you do this on purpose then you get banned. That the rules correct? Well, then, say you are pming someone and you drop some servers names with realising that you were breaking the rules because you were pming someone (main word PM and note: yes I mean more than one server). surely if you don't realise this then you wouldn't get a ban.

Also note: nothing to do with people you know.

Thank you

~aesome

_Link

Imo, as long as you're not trying to promote the server such as advertising for e.g "join _LinkHHG.com" or whatever (made that up), I don't see the reason to punish. I believe you should be able to talk about other servers freely, the point that they will argue "they're more likely to go and play on that server" do you really think they only play on this server?

Trenly

Admin
Admin
If you think that the rule should be changed, how about you make a suggestion.

I personally feel the rule is fine. When i am on HHG I do not want to be hearing or thinking about [server name] or [other server]. I just want to focus on how fun HHG is.

AlaskanSkies

I also agree with Link... one of my best MC friends got banned, but I'm not here to discuss that. I just want to point this out:
The reason the rule is there is to make sure people aren't trying to take people off HHG. But we all play on different servers sometimes- I'm sure even staff do. And I don't think it's fair that mentioning a server name (ex. Hey, Susie, want to go to [Servername]?) should be a permanent ban...
Don't hate on this. It's an opinion.

Trenly

Admin
Admin
Thats a bit selfish.. People don't just have to play on happy. I agree with Link.
Then make a suggestion to change the rule if you don't agree with it.

What is selfish about not wanting the rule changed? I do not think it needs to be changed, especially since there must have been a reason it was put as a rule in the first place.

_Bach_

Retired Staff
You would not have been banned for saying a server NAME. That will only mute you for a short time, equal to spamming or profanity or the like.

But saying a server IP is very different. That will get you banned. You told a story of how you had just said server names, and gotten banned, but that wouldnt be the case.

Feel free to make a ban dispite if you wish to contest the ban. If you never actually said a served IP, please do make a post, as that could be a very serious staff issue.

Masterfireheart

Retired Staff
You would not have been banned for saying a server NAME. That will only mute you for a short time, equal to spamming or profanity or the like.

But saying a server IP is very different. That will get you banned. You told a story of how you had just said server names, and gotten banned, but that wouldnt be the case.

Feel free to make a ban dispite if you wish to contest the ban. If you never actually said a served IP, please do make a post, as that could be a very serious staff issue.
I mean, I was banned for 2 months because of that ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ no but seriously ^^^^^^^^