• Note: We are accepting any kind of map. However, we are specifically looking for Jigsaw Levels and Parkour maps. Therefore, your arena may have a higher chance to be accepted if it's for once of those game-modes, as long as it meets our Map Criteria.
  • We are now in Discord! Join our community discord for latest server news and more! You will also get a FREE RARE TREASURE when successfully linking your account! Join now, click here!

Declined Jump And Run Parkour Submission: "Haunted Mansion"

Please let me know what you think about my map. Thank you in advance.

• Total voters

Xiaominya_

After I finished most of the parkours on this server I built one myself:
The main theme is a mansion, but later it offers more variety if you have successfully escaped the first parts.

Foyer.png Section 1: Foyer
Library.png Section 2: Library
Prison.png Section 3: Basement Prison
Sewer.png Section 4: Sewer
Mystical Tree.png Section 5: Mystical Tree
Graveyard.png Section 6: Graveyard Mansion with a puzzle and a ghost
The Lab.png Section 7: The Lab
Section 8: Dungeon

The difficulty varies between medium and hard, but I assume most of the players would say it is very hard...
The length can be considered rather long (in contrast to many other parkours on this server)

Checkpoints are marked with a sign.

It was built by me (Xiaominya_) in more than 16h using WorldEdit.

Note: Yeah I know that some parts look very symmetrical, but since I am a perfectionist I can not build it in another way , but hey therefore it has often two paths that you can choose. For example if you are better with the left or right side to make a jump you have the option to choose ^^'.

Links.png Download and other links can be seen in one of the pictures...

Attachments

• Beginning.png
    Beginning.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 478
  • Boo.png
    Boo.png
    3.9 MB · Views: 475

joexxx6

After I finished most of the parkours on this server I built one myself:
The main theme is a mansion, but later it offers more variety if you have successfully escaped the first parts.

View attachment 18086 Section 1: Foyer
View attachment 18087 Section 2: Library
View attachment 18088 Section 3: Basement Prison
View attachment 18089 Section 4: Sewer
View attachment 18090 Section 5: Mystical Tree
View attachment 18091 Section 6: Graveyard Mansion with a puzzle and a ghost
View attachment 18093 Section 7: The Lab
Section 8: Dungeon

The difficulty varies between medium and hard, but I assume most of the players would say it is very hard...
The length can be considered rather long (in contrast to many other parkours on this server)

Checkpoints are marked with a sign.

It was built by me (Xiaominya_) in more than 16h using WorldEdit.

Note: Yeah I know that some parts look very symmetrical, but since I am a perfectionist I can not build it in another way , but hey therefore it has often two paths that you can choose. For example if you are better with the left or right side to make a jump you have the option to choose ^^'.

View attachment 18094 Download and other links can be seen in one of the pictures...

Is it on the server or do we only have screenshots to see what it looks like?

Xiaominya_

It was built on a singleplayer map, so unfortunately it is not on the server. If you want to see the parkour you can either download it or you can watch the youtube video.
Youtube video:

Trenly

Admin
Admin
I like the idea, but I don't believe it was well executed. The library is quite plain, as all you can see are stacks of bookshelves all around. I would have loved to see maybe a large library with a balcony or second floor, where you parkour all around that. The sewer escape is too plain. Theres nothing on the walls, and it just doesn't look very good. The tree area outdoors is really weird. The way the wall goes up with the waterfall is a bit ugly tbh, and the small trees are almost too small. Inside the tree there is no decoration either, and as with throughout the map they are just straight up and down and clearly worldedited. Not that you can't use worldedit when making a map, but it usually is less noticable. In the "Puzzle" section the ceiling is flat and just leaves, which doesnt look good. I also think that a puzzle is more for jigsaw, not for parkour. The walls in the boo area are again very plain, and the lava makes no sense as the floor. Your transitions between levels are odd, as you have all different textures with no blending. you have wood go directly into brick or stone brick, you have dirt go directly into stone, bricks going directly to netherbrick. The nether portion again has very plain walls, and with the amount of redstone jumps you have it could make the parkour almost impossible for someone with really bad ping.

Not a bad theme, but there are some major flaws with this map. I'm sorry, but your map has been declined.

xoSammy

Build Team Leader
Build Team Leader
I just want to say that every section is WWAAAYYYY too difficult! For someone who has completed every Parkour I can tell you I will hate this one so much when playing it after watching that video. The library section already kills me inside and I haven't even done a jump yet. If you're going to revamp this Map then I'm begging you, make the entire Map 100x easier or add in checkpoints after every other jump. Thank you.