• We are now in Discord! Join our community discord for latest server news and more! You will also get a FREE RARE TREASURE when successfully linking your account! Join now, click here!
  • This portion of the forum has moved to Discord!

Survival Games Holiday Resort - New Revamp

Zainos

Owner, Founder and Lead Developer
Owner
Staff Manager
You just read my mind... I really don't understand the community anymore, such small details, and the map is automatically bad...
3 players isn't the community m8 ;)
The HHG Network got more than 200k total players, you can't say 3 random player is the whole community...

Tuut

Trusted Member
I agree with everything Zainos is saying, just use Holiday Resort v2 because the revamped version had secret OP chest areas that I had no clue about when I was helping revamping. Holiday Resort v2 does look different but it looks way better.

Zainos

Owner
Staff Manager
I agree with everything Zainos is saying, just use Holiday Resort v2 because the revamped version had secret OP chest areas that I had no clue about when I was helping revamping. Holiday Resort v2 does look different but it looks way better.
er... By holiday resort v2 I meant this one: http://www.mediafire.com/download/spweirsbhc32tix/Holiday+Resort+2+-+by+Helix+&+Simey.zip
Screenies:
xzZhLes.png

GkqIzZt.png

B2GC6X3.png

Unitus

Retired Staff
*Note, many of the chests are ender chests, so they need to be replaced with normal chests, I can do that :)

Anchezz

Trusted Member
You can't use “there's no way to please everyone” as an argument for not revamping/changing it again. In that case we could just use the exact same argument to ask you why you even changed the original map

and personally I never liked any of the revamps, the original Holiday Resort was my favorite map ;)

_Bach_

Retired Staff
Adding ANOTHER revamp into the mix just seems kinda pointless tbh xD

Just do an old, but good version (like the original or v2) and then leave it at that. No need to go crazy xD

Unitus

Retired Staff
You can't use “there's no way to please everyone” as an argument for not revamping/changing it again. In that case we could just use the exact same argument to ask you why you even changed the original map

and personally I never liked any of the revamps, the original Holiday Resort was my favorite map ;)
Then, you don't believe in originality on a server? The map was revamped in the first place because, 1.8 came along (new blocks) and things on it just didn't seem right. If you want HHG to have the exact same maps as every other server, then go ahead with your argument.

Unitus

Retired Staff
I feel like the conclusion to this has come, add both arenas, the v1 and the v2 either you want the changes (tunnel, bridges, etc. that prevents you from being swimming after a person all day, which makes sg matches faster and precise) on the v1, with its normal red spawn, or just the default map with no changes at all, that's Zainos decision

Zainos

Owner
Staff Manager
I feel like the conclusion to this has come, add both arenas, the v1 and the v2 either you want the changes (tunnel, bridges, etc. that prevents you from being swimming after a person all day, which makes sg matches faster and precise) on the v1, with its normal red spawn, or just the default map with no changes at all, that's Zainos decision
Adding both arenas is kinda stupid as they are all very similar

Unitus

Retired Staff
Zainos , You decide on what arena to add. It seems like everyone does what the original back though.
In what I can see, people just want the original spawn back, not the entire original map... Spawn is why you created this thread in the first place :p

Anchezz

Trusted Member
Zainos , You decide on what arena to add. It seems like everyone does what the original back though.
In what I can see, people just want the original spawn back, not the entire original map... Spawn is why you created this thread in the first place :p
You don't know what people want, there's literally like 4-5 players that raised their opinion here when there's like 500-600 players/day online :p

Since we don't know what people want I'd suggest keeping the current arena or take the original back or even make a poll because we can't decide for everyone, and no one is complaining in-game about the current arena just like no one complained about the original one in-game

Unitus

Retired Staff
You don't know what people want, there's literally like 4-5 players that raised their opinion here when there's like 500-600 players/day online :p

Since we don't know what people want I'd suggest keeping the current arena or take the original back or even make a poll because we can't decide for everyone, and no one is complaining in-game about the current arena just like no one complained about the original one in-game
True fact, I have been given many nice comments about the blue spawn, even more than the negative ones in-game, I believe it should stay as is, but that's Zainos decision