• We are now in Discord! Join our community discord for latest server news and more! You will also get a FREE RARE TREASURE when successfully linking your account! Join now, click here!
  • This portion of the forum has moved to Discord!

Global Hggn is Dying

Do you aggree?

• Yes

Votes: 31 81.6%
  • No

Votes: 7 18.4%

• Total voters

Fu3rza

no

I think we're all waiting for factions, some of us more patient than others #HHGNFactions

Yea, pretty cool right ;)

#HHGisDying

factions wouldn't help alot if minecraft is not appealing anymore and with HHG at a bad point. I've already said this when I was online but I'll say it again, HHG will die either in 2k17 or 2k18.

XV_Scorpion_VX

Retired Staff
If HHG is dying, it's because the existing player base doesn't make enough effort to bring in new players.
It's not really our job to do that. Yeah it always helps to do stuff but anything we do on forums as suggestions is voluntary work, so no that ain't the problem. At the end of the day the owner makes decisions, he doesn't actually have to listen to us. Either way it's not our job to do that, so no that's not the problem.

EPICMATT88

Trusted Member
If HHG is dying, it's because the existing player base doesn't make enough effort to bring in new players.
Also we should still focus to keep the existing fanbase here; and not lose them to different servers with constant updates and many gamemodes.

PenguinPeople

It isn't the players responsibility to get more players on. That would be like an owner of a company asking customers to bring in more customers. If new players aren't coming that is the fault of staff and the owner.

xoSammy

Build Team Leader
Build Team Leader
Although I can agree that this isn't exactly Happy HG's "Golden Age" as I've seen 500-600 players on at one time consistently in the past, but that doesn't mean that it's the Server's fault. It's highly unlikely that the Server could be getting worse, it's just the players decision on whether they want to stay on Happy HG or move on.
I do have to say though that with all of the updates happening on SkyBlock & SCBB, I don't think it would be as effective as something completely new such as Factions 2.0.
I understand that new game modes have been released (such as X-Run) and they're all ready dead. But once again, it's the players decision whether they want to stay or not. It has nothing to do with the Server getting worse.

Fu3rza

Dead gamemodes, Staff, False banned players, events to try to revive gamemodes. 1.7 players being brought on to 1.8 will not fix anything

xoSammy

Build Team Leader
Build Team Leader
Dead gamemodes, Staff, False banned players, events to try to revive gamemodes. 1.7 players being brought on to 1.8 will not fix anything
1.8 to me is better than 1.7, it's only 1.9+ that's the problem, new blocks, PvP changes, glass pane glitches. It's terrible. Players shouldn't be complaining about not being able to play 1.7 when 1.8 is better than it.

_Bach_

Retired Staff
I have to agree with some people on this thread that Minecraft in general is dying. It is long past its golden age.

This is in part because of crap Mojang updates, partially because of the age of the game, and partially due to YouTube and the introduction of other more appealing games to create content with. The game is not dead, but it has lost a significant amount of users.

In light of that, HHG has less players. Now I do think HHGN would have more players if we could have a super active community of staff, builders, players and developers. We have plenty of great members in most of those categories, but times change. Old players move on, good staff have to move on, and unfortunately I think thats just how it is.

I do not think we should try and "do something to stop HHG from dying". I think we should play on as we please, and on any other servers we all enjoy. Its a game, enjoy it for what its worth to you, and just make the most positive impact on people you can while its around :)

Just my 2 cents :p

HiKellin

I know this is late, but just because the server doesn't always have 200+ players does not mean it is dying. There are game modes that are played more often than others, all though there is not that much players its still a very alive server. If it was dead i have a feeling we would not be seeing people that made recent donations of $100.. It is most of the older players that are noticing the difference between what it used to be and what it now is not. I think people are paying too much attention to the small things. I do not know how many people have joined and left the server in the past couple years but i do see new people often.. My point is i do not think it should be considered "Dead" if it was dead they wouldn't be flooded with applications.. Just because Survival Games is not popular on the server anymore, does not mean the whole servers dying. How could the server be dead if many people have a full list of active friends? But those are just my thoughts.. I think by chanting out that its dying is not going to help anything either way.

RobeeKid

I know this is late, but just because the server doesn't always have 200+ players does not mean it is dying. There are game modes that are played more often than others, all though there is not that much players its still a very alive server. If it was dead i have a feeling we would not be seeing people that made recent donations of $100.. It is most of the older players that are noticing the difference between what it used to be and what it now is not. I think people are paying too much attention to the small things. I do not know how many people have joined and left the server in the past couple years but i do see new people often.. My point is i do not think it should be considered "Dead" if it was dead they wouldn't be flooded with applications.. Just because Survival Games is not popular on the server anymore, does not mean the whole servers dying. How could the server be dead if many people have a full list of active friends? But those are just my thoughts.. I think by chanting out that its dying is not going to help anything either way.

True, but other servers in general are gradually getting smaller while others are getting bigger. Also some other player and posters have a different idea of a server 'dying'. Though we are one of the servers that are getting smaller, 1 server that starts with a H is getting bigger... But we need new players. Some players are getting bored of the same gamemodes, and a lot of updates on certain gamemodes so, they stop playing the server. But hopefully you can change that. The server was at 82 at 6:30 pm my time. So our is getting smaller. We need to do something about that. So, can we make our server rise to it's golden days again? I don't know but let's try!

Lowvex

Instead of focusing in whether the server is dead or not, we should start thinking of ideas on how to make the server better.o_O This server means a lot to me and I don't want to let it go that easy. If at the end the server still dies by completely well at least I can say I tried.

Last edited: