• We are now in Discord! Join our community discord for latest server news and more! You will also get a FREE RARE TREASURE when successfully linking your account! Join now, click here!
  • This portion of the forum has moved to Discord!

Gamemode GameMode (Zombie Onslaught)

What do you think?

• Yeah!

• Mabye

• Nope!

Results are only viewable after voting.

ParadoxTaco

Description: Survive from waves of zombies will holding the fort against your friends
Gameplay: In this game you must survive till time runs out. There are two teams, humans and infected. The goal of the humans is to hold out for 5 minutes while being hammered at by npc zombies. To add to the chaos player zombies will also join in the fray. The game starts with 1 player zombie and 3-15 humans (depending on player amount)(players are given 30 seconds to prepare) if a human is slain then they become a zombie. The goal for the zombies is to slay all humans. But thats the base of the game. Humans can fortify windows/doors/walls(some wall would be breakable)
Fortified doors would be iron doors and windows would become iron bars. Also players can move certain items(beds/tables/chairs/cabinets/shelfs) to help with the fortifying. (Where a object would be placed would be outlined in green glass. If its red its either to far away or another object is in the way)Depending on how heavy that object would be changes how much slowness it gives you (it adds realism so it seems like your slowed down from carrying a heavy object) also while carrying an object you are unable to use any of your items ( there will only be two things in your hotbar while carrying an object. These items would be two player head that are right and left arrows that allow you to rotate the object. There are two tools that can be used. These twos are the wrench and the hammer. The hammer allows players to fortify while the wrench repairs objects. This might make the humans seem op but thats where the player zombies come in. P.Zs(player-zombies) have the ability to choose different types of zombies. An example would be a baby zombie. This zombie, with its oneblock height could easily sneak through a badly made barricade.
Another would be poison zombie. A slow but deadly zombie that poisons its prey.
Another thing is the in-game store. When you first join the game you have a certain amount of money. This can be used to buy none-permanent weapons. When you first start a round your basic load-out is a pistol and a wooden stick (wood sword retextured) money is gained by kill zombies.
To access the shop you would have a radio that allows you to purchase items. The shop is also where you can purchase the wrench and hammer. You can also purchase fortification crates (piston headed block) that can be added to your defense. Guns,ammo,defenses,armor,tools, and grenades can all be bought from the shop. Another object that can be bought from the shop is an ammo crate. This crate when opened gives who ever opened it ammo. This has a 30 second cool down per player. For the P-Zs every minute a random player is chosen to become a boss zombie. These zombies are strong an can deal major damage to the humans. An example would be chain-zombie
This boss would have a item (retextured and named chainsaw) that can tear through barricades and humans.
Another thing to note that the humans should work together. You get no extra gain for be last man standing. Sodon't be a troll. If you win as a human then you get 20 coins
If you win as a zombie then you get 10 coins.
2 hearts equal a full heart
Also an example for durability is a window has 1 heart. A fortified window has 15 hearts. A npc zombie deals 2 heart but npc zombies only attack doors or anything in the direct path needed to get the humans. A shelf has 45 hearts, fortify crate has 60 hearts but is 1x1 block. Baby zombies deal 1 heart. One thing to note is zombies dont deal damage by punching the object. They deal damage by breaking it. This makes fortified doors and windows almost impossible to break through. How every, chain zombies weapon would be a pickaxe retextured. Also it deals 15 hearts. This allows him to basically shred anything, but the catch is he has slowness 2 mining-fatigue 2
Coins can be used to upgrade your money starting amount or buy perma starting weapons.Also increase your player health(starting player health is 30 hearts). They can also be used to be special zombies and zombie bosses.
Tell me what you think should be changed down below :D

Shqdoww_

Hmm I like the idea but it would seem that the humans could make an impenetrable fort. It also sounds like one of those games where a Mockingjay would be unkillable unless by 30 players or another mockingjay. Sounds like a game off of a server. The game is called Vampires.

ParadoxTaco

I knew some people would claim that it was like infected. I was not guess that anyone would say vampire. This gamemode has alot more to it and even more could be added. Also the reason there are boss mobs is to tip the scale. And some zombies might have long ranged abilities. Also most maps would have few objects, around 20, but they would be scattered and even with all 15 humans they still could not get them to the same spot in 30 seconds. As for it being like vampires. I really don't see it. Maybe cause of the hordes of zombies?

ParadoxTaco

I knew some people would claim that it was like infected. I was not guess that anyone would say vampire. This gamemode has alot more to it and even more could be added. Also the reason there are boss mobs is to tip the scale. And some zombies might have long ranged abilities. Also most maps would have few objects, around 20, but they would be scattered and even with all 15 humans they still could not get them to the same spot in 30 seconds. As for it being like vampires. I really don't see it. Maybe cause of the hordes of zombies?
Also some zomes might have double jump which would allow them to reach second story windows. Also the hammer has a minimum of uses (nails) that allow it to fortify. More nails can be bought.

ParadoxTaco

I hope that this does not seem to much like any other gamemodes. This was all thought up during when i had some free time. If anything is similar to another game mode it was not meant to be